Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 04:16 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Gump doesn't know his ass from his elbow.

He might be able to name the three branches of government if pressed, but I wouldn't bet on it.
And yet he is doing something your clean and well-spoken idiot never did; keep campaign promises.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2017, 04:24 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,527,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
You asked an incredibly stupid question about the founder of international businesses and I'm the one who has to think things through?

Obviously, you're one of "you guys".
Some are leaders, some are followers. Think that one over.

Old 01-28-2017, 04:26 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Did Obama know how to build a Lemonade stand ? I think not.

Trump would be in the top 1% on International trade. Tillerson his SOS is right there with him.

Old 01-28-2017, 04:26 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
For a guy who's supposed to be expert in business, he's getting scarier by the day. One of his justifications for his feud with Mexico is the trade deficit between us, we have a trade deficit with just about every other economy in the world. If you want to reduce deficits through new trade agreements, why not go after China or the EU, those deficits are far more than Mexico's. What he doesn't seem to acknowledge is that while we import goods to the tune of about $290B, we're also exporting goods at $230B. If he messes with the Mexican economy it will ultimately cost jobs here and cost jobs in Mexico which will only exacerbate the poverty issues that push them over the border. There is so many other areas he could go in to be a job creating president, and global trade could be the conduit to reviving our economy. Going after a few million Mexicans making less than $10/hr. isn't helping the next generation, coming out of college with a mountain of debt and an education, to find good jobs. There are plenty of un-enforced laws that are already in place to handle illegal immigration, and whether he likes it or not, Trump will still be doing battle with sanctuary cities 4 years from now and his wall won't fix illegal immigration. I didn't vote for Trump, nor Hillary, and I want to give him a chance to bring back the middle class, my hope is that he succeeds to bring the government together to act in our best interests for a change. Either because of his leadership or in spite of it.

He understands the American Trade Deficit......

That is all that matters at this point. He won on campaigning about bad trade deals.
Sit down, shut up and hold on!

Old 01-28-2017, 04:56 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
He understands the American Trade Deficit......

That is all that matters at this point. He won on campaigning about bad trade deals.
Sit down, shut up and hold on!
God golly my bentbow, you clearly don't have a clue.

I have been an investor for 3 decades, a successful one at that. I invest across borders, I have some small interests in other countries. Not claiming to be a billionaire in any way shape or form.

But I can tell you straight up. Trump has not got a clue and has the entire GOP wondering WTF is wrong with him and his inability to shut the hell up.

He has already done very serious damage to our nation. TPP might be confusing to folk who don't see the big picture , but by simply dumping it, he lost us our chance to define the rules for decades and encouraged the 12 nations involved to consider China's alternate pact. (OBOR)

let me share some knowledge with you..

TPP: Why the U.S. Withdrawal Could Be a Boon for China - Knowledge@Wharton

Now, Bentbow, I know you hate anything and everything that looks like it might be neg on trumpy boy.

But for once in your life, follow the link, read it, parse it , learn something. Use the mind god gave you to see why a balanced non partisan thinkers believe Trump gravely mistepped and made it much more likely that we will look back to these days and weeks as the when the USA lost it's global lead and ended up on the outside of a global 60 nations trade agreement that literally spans the globe while EXCLUDING the USA... ...

China will determine OUR future if they pull this off. And folk like you will forget having supported Trump, you will forget having posted here and you will blame whoever is in power for the issues you face in our shrinking waning position.

frankly Trump is simply unprepared, not nearly educated enough to make an informed choice. He and his team are pushing ideology over economics.

and don't even get me started on Peter Navarro, he was once a very strong thinker with solid ideas, but fame and ego have turned Peter into a ranting fool . guy writes a great book and suddenly only hears his own voice.

Old 01-28-2017, 05:59 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,124,301 times
An economist yesterday estimated that a 20% tariff on Mexican goods would result in the loss of 6 million jobs in the US.

Old 01-28-2017, 06:01 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
An economist yesterday estimated that a 20% tariff on Mexican goods would result in the loss of 6 million jobs in the US.
Was that Gruber the famed MIT economist who sold us out on Obamacare ?

Old 01-28-2017, 06:09 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Was that Gruber the famed MIT economist who sold us out on Obamacare ?
NOpe lots of folk. my dear boy , lots and lots of economists all agree trump's tariff would cost us many many billions of dollars and many millions of jobs.

but go ahead and live in denial , pretend a tariff war is a good thing and that trade and jobs don't matter anymore now that Trump is trying to turn the USA into crap version of china.

Old 01-28-2017, 06:10 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,749,621 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p04wRWFwHeM

Old 01-28-2017, 06:11 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
God golly my bentbow, you clearly don't have a clue.

I have been an investor for 3 decades, a successful one at that. I invest across borders, I have some small interests in other countries. Not claiming to be a billionaire in any way shape or form.

But I can tell you straight up. Trump has not got a clue and has the entire GOP wondering WTF is wrong with him and his inability to shut the hell up.

He has already done very serious damage to our nation. TPP might be confusing to folk who don't see the big picture , but by simply dumping it, he lost us our chance to define the rules for decades and encouraged the 12 nations involved to consider China's alternate pact. (OBOR)

let me share some knowledge with you..

TPP: Why the U.S. Withdrawal Could Be a Boon for China - Knowledge@Wharton

Now, Bentbow, I know you hate anything and everything that looks like it might be neg on trumpy boy.

But for once in your life, follow the link, read it, parse it , learn something. Use the mind god gave you to see why a balanced non partisan thinkers believe Trump gravely mistepped and made it much more likely that we will look back to these days and weeks as the when the USA lost it's global lead and ended up on the outside of a global 60 nations trade agreement that literally spans the globe while EXCLUDING the USA... ...

China will determine OUR future if they pull this off. And folk like you will forget having supported Trump, you will forget having posted here and you will blame whoever is in power for the issues you face in our shrinking waning position.

frankly Trump is simply unprepared, not nearly educated enough to make an informed choice. He and his team are pushing ideology over economics.

and don't even get me started on Peter Navarro, he was once a very strong thinker with solid ideas, but fame and ego have turned Peter into a ranting fool . guy writes a great book and suddenly only hears his own voice.
TPP was dead, none of the candidates support. The only way to deal with China is to transform our economy to be less dependent on them. You don't need a new 4K TV, there's nothing on the air that broadcasts even FHD.

You don't need a new iPhone 7 every other year when that iPhone 5 and 6 still works. Millennials are still poor because they spend too much on education, does not invest, and spends too much on technology to keep up with the social media darlings.

China is coming over to create jobs because even they know that they've destroyed our economy for the middle class and to ensure our consumers can keep consuming their goods they're creating jobs and the only roadblocks are government politics.

We don't need TPP, we need individual trade deals per country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies