U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 10:19 PM

2,412 posts, read 1,305,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
How can they run if you've shot them through the lungs? And you all are worried about the 'militancy of America's left'?

This whole thread is just a way of trying to flip the script. It's the right (aka WRONG) that is the violent element. 2A dontcha know.
Darn. You caught me out. I, a little old 67 year old widow, am the violent one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2017, 10:19 PM

4,670 posts, read 2,281,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Karma.

I'm not one of them, strictly speaking, but not a Trump supporter, and I am dismayed and disappointed that anyone would vote for a person who is clearly unfit for office.

But the liberals are not dangerous. They are (finally) speaking up and out more, as they should.

The Republicans have obstructed almost totally the Democrats for the last 8 years, and have spewed out fake news repeatedly, disseminated by hate filled sites such as Breitbart and DailyCaller. I have seen post after post flat out lying about Obama...his golfing, his vacation days, his executive orders. Lies. Not once has one poster corrected his post, when I pointed out the facts were wrong. Not once. They relished in it.

They also persisted in claiming the black President was not a legitimate President because he was born in Kenya. A flat out lie. Trump was front and center in the birther movement for five full years, trying to undermine Obama's Presidency.

Now, it's karma time. One man saying one time that he doesn't view Trump as his legitimate President, and the sparks flew from Trumpland. Imagine if there were multiple people saying it for YEARS. On national TV. And it was famous, rich people who got on the talk shows.

Trump is, factually speaking, an authoritarian. He is proud of it. He's also an egomaniac, narcissistic, thin skinned, cannot take criticism of any sort, and can't even take a joke. He went on for days trying to prove he had the largest inauguration audience in history (a lie). He HAS to have the most, be the best. He speaks of the press as his enemy #1. The press....arguably the most important part of our democracy. The ONLY way for the public to be told things that the politicians don't want us to know. Yet Trump wants to undermine it. This is what a dictator does.

Liberals are not your enemy. They are showing you what democracy is like. Let's not forget that, just because we have an authoritarian in office.
Thank you for this!

Old 01-28-2017, 10:23 PM

66,008 posts, read 33,461,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
How can they run if you've shot them through the lungs? And you all are worried about the 'militancy of America's left'?

This whole thread is just a way of trying to flip the script. It's the right (aka WRONG) that is the violent element. 2A dontcha know.

They will never confront you mono-e-mono.. all their buddies will scatter like coward rats.

Old 01-28-2017, 10:25 PM

66,008 posts, read 33,461,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
Darn. You caught me out. I, a little old 67 year old widow, am the violent one.

It is not their fault or their choice to get violent with you, it is your fault you shot them for it.
George Zimmerman for 1000, Alex.

Old 01-28-2017, 10:57 PM

1,826 posts, read 1,093,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Karma.

I'm not one of them, strictly speaking, but not a Trump supporter, and I am dismayed and disappointed that anyone would vote for a person who is clearly unfit for office.

But the liberals are not dangerous. They are (finally) speaking up and out more, as they should.

The Republicans have obstructed almost totally the Democrats for the last 8 years, and have spewed out fake news repeatedly, disseminated by hate filled sites such as Breitbart and DailyCaller. I have seen post after post flat out lying about Obama...his golfing, his vacation days, his executive orders. Lies. Not once has one poster corrected his post, when I pointed out the facts were wrong. Not once. They relished in it.

They also persisted in claiming the black President was not a legitimate President because he was born in Kenya. A flat out lie. Trump was front and center in the birther movement for five full years, trying to undermine Obama's Presidency.

Now, it's karma time. One man saying one time that he doesn't view Trump as his legitimate President, and the sparks flew from Trumpland. Imagine if there were multiple people saying it for YEARS. On national TV. And it was famous, rich people who got on the talk shows.

Trump is, factually speaking, an authoritarian. He is proud of it. He's also an egomaniac, narcissistic, thin skinned, cannot take criticism of any sort, and can't even take a joke. He went on for days trying to prove he had the largest inauguration audience in history (a lie). He HAS to have the most, be the best. He speaks of the press as his enemy #1. The press....arguably the most important part of our democracy. The ONLY way for the public to be told things that the politicians don't want us to know. Yet Trump wants to undermine it. This is what a dictator does.

Liberals are not your enemy. They are showing you what democracy is like. Let's not forget that, just because we have an authoritarian in office.
I'm not a Trump supporter either. I voted for Hillary(very reluctantly). I also am dismayed and disappointed that we've elected someone this unfit for office. However, I accept that he is our president and I hope he does well. If not, I hope the system of checks and balances work as they are intended to.

With that said, I don't think Liberals and their behavior of late are much to be proud of.
For starters, we are saddled with Trump in large part because Liberals felt that Hillary should be anointed and did everything in their power to make sure she was foisted upon us when I think, nearly anyone else would have beaten Trump. For all of her flaws, she nearly did.

The behavior of liberals in reaction to Trump has been despicable. I may share your feelings about his lack of fitness for office but there is NO WAY I would associate with or condone the way the protestors have behaved. From blocking traffic, including emergency vehicles, destruction of property, assault, the vile hateful language, while they have the audacity to carry signs saying "Love Trumps Hate"?!

Democracy isn't lighting someone's hair on fire or attempting to block other people from expressing THEIR right to peaceful assembly as we've seen many liberal protesters attempt to do with Trump supporters.
There is really NO excuse for this.

Old 01-28-2017, 11:04 PM

5,137 posts, read 3,660,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
I'm a right-winger and from what I can see of my left-wing friends on Facebook, they are becoming increasingly violent and vindictive against right-wingers and especially Trump supporters.

One of the more disturbing trends is this "Know Your Local Nazi" thing I see posted by multiple left-wingers. Basically, they go around posting pictures and information about Trump supporters in an effort to get people to try and destroy their lives (easy to do in the Internet Age). There's also this "Punch a Nazi" thing where people beat up Trump supporters in public.

Needless to say, I am buying a gun.
Your last line is why the right has nothing to worry about. Guns > sticks, foul language and hair buns.

Old 01-28-2017, 11:05 PM

5,998 posts, read 6,303,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Your last line is why the right has nothing to worry about. Guns > sticks and hair buns.
You think the right wingers are the only ones buying guns?

Old 01-28-2017, 11:15 PM

5,315 posts, read 1,969,401 times
Quote:
I'm a right-winger and from what I can see of my left-wing friends on Facebook, they are becoming increasingly violent and vindictive against right-wingers and especially Trump supporters.

One of the more disturbing trends is this "Know Your Local Nazi" thing I see posted by multiple left-wingers. Basically, they go around posting pictures and information about Trump supporters in an effort to get people to try and destroy their lives (easy to do in the Internet Age). There's also this "Punch a Nazi" thing where people beat up Trump supporters in public.

It's a good idea. This type of puppeteering of Leftist drones, historically, leads to carnage like this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Revolution

Their mindset is not rational nor long in-view. It's ove-emotional, self interested, and historically murderous on the grandest of scales.

Old 01-28-2017, 11:22 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,173,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
such tolerance. All the republican types I work with have no problem with their friends being democrat... it's the democrat friends calling out the republican friends saying they'll never look at them the same way again.. this is really a huge hangup for them.. it speaks about how truly tolerant and open minded they actually are.. when you look at their actions you see they aren't actually that tolerant after all.
Yes, Trump is a huge issue for many leftists. He isn't even a standard right-winger to them: he's off the rails in a way that this country has not seen in decades. If you think Trump is just another normal president who should be given his due, that's great, but many other people see him as a manipulative and unstable bully who never ought to have made it as far as he did.

The fact that many Republicans believed the very same thing, at least until he was actually elected (and they had no choice but to work with him so they could put their agendas through), is unprecedented in presidential politics over the past several decades. The "intolerant" leftists are merely keeping us aware of the bipartisan dread of a Trump presidency.

And think about it? Why should people "tolerate" a president who is so unhinged, immature, and narcissistic as his "tweets" indicate?

The "tolerance" argument that you make is about as useful as the "christian/compassionate" argument that people make regarding christian right-wingers. Liberals who deem themselves "tolerant" are not obliged to "tolerate" every idiocy that occurs, just as every christian is not obliged to follow every single verse of the Bible to the letter.

I agree that a lot of leftists make a lot of noise, and much of it just noise, but the opposite is complacency. Maybe you're cool with someone like Trump in office--you probably have nothing to lose, right? Those of us who do stand something--or a lot--to lose see and react differently. If you have nothing to lose, then congrats to you.

Quote:
Trump is mostly trying to keep out criminal illegals and potential threats, not all people from different countries.. granted he has a bit to learn yet... hopefully he takes advice from his advisers and people around him to further clarify some of his executive orders. I still think there would be more cost effective ways to deal with drug runners and other criminal illegals than a wall.
The kerfuffle surrounding the immigration executive order could have been minimized with a little more thought and finesse from Trump's part. People affected by his executive order include folks from affected countries who have been permanent residents in the U.S. for years, people who have and have had green cards. This includes people in the military, academics, engineers--people who are *good* for this country. It may seem like a ridiculous footnote to you, but many of these people have houses and apartments, children and pets, classes to teach and take, cars parked at airports, entire lives in process. How does it benefit the country to screw up the lives of these people?

Quote:
All the republican types I work with have no problem with their friends being democrat
Just a note on this. Lucky for you that you work in a place where the republicans have "no problem" with democrat friends. In the larger world, this is not always the case. For decades there has been lots of hate against "liberals," "lib-tards," and what not, just as some liberals have despised some conservatives. Frankly, I know quite a few conservatives who go into a palsy and basically froth at the mouth when a "liberal" does anything remotely "wrong." For some conservatives, even peaceful protest is a horrible thing, if it is done by "liberals." It's true that are some overly loud liberals, and a few have even promoted violence, but conservatives are not always much better. They don't seem to protest as much, and their lack of protest doesn't lead them to violent interactions as much, but they're not all angels, either.

Last edited by Empidonax; 01-28-2017 at 11:32 PM..

Old 01-28-2017, 11:41 PM

4,695 posts, read 4,316,630 times
Quote:

This makes me concerned about the growing militancy of America's right. Plus, you have "friends" on FB who go around beating up people in public? You have some major problems pal, and they start with the guy in your mirror. Most rational people would quickly unfriend thugs of whatever stripe and report incidents of people being beaten up in the streets to the appropriate local authorities. Plus, I seem to recall that FB frowns on incitements to violence and a user's account can get shut down if they keep posting over the top stuff such as you describe. Take two Valiums and give your shrink a call first thing Monday morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies