Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2017, 08:18 AM

13,240 posts, read 9,866,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
I don't care for Syrian refugees, honestly. Banning green card holders from returning to the country is BS, though, and stranding them in airports shows that Trump doesn't know what the hell he's doing.
Bingo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2017, 08:21 AM

14,465 posts, read 11,241,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
He's banned all citizens from those countries, including dual passport holders and legal permanent residents.

Including people who have already gone through "extreme vetting" and we're turned away yesterday after years of going through the process.

Those that returned rather than be detained at the airport not only had to pay for their flights back, they've effectively got a removal on their record.
For 90 days, LOL that's the end of April.

Btw. the Tsarnaevs were once these exact same people, refugees from a conflict torn Muslim nation. Now there are five people dead, multiple people horribly maimed for life and our marathon will never be the same.

Excuse me if I don't give a damn.

Old 01-29-2017, 08:21 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,815,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman0war View Post
I don't know if this link will work.
But heres a FB post from a guy who's Iranian wife is now not allowed in.
Ironically she came to study art in USA because of our rights of Freedom of expression, something she doesn't have in Iran.

She doesn't look like much of a threat to National Security.

https://www.facebook.com/korgath/pos...58254499830694

You can ascertain her threat level just by her Facebook page? WoW! You're probably one of the Board Members of the Psychic Friends Network, aren't you? I wonder why our federal government doesn't have YOU employed to screen and vet all incoming migrants and returning visa holders? Surely government head hunters are seeking you out for your invaluable abilities as I type... but you already know that because you're psychic, right?

Old 01-29-2017, 08:27 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,614,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
I see a bunch of people freaking out acting like this will have a negative impact on their lives. Unless you are a refugee who ONLY wants to go to the US, then why are you whining? Do you want more potential criminals pouring into the US? Syrian refugees have done more harm than good. What do you have to gain in life from letting in a bunch of undocumented foreigners?

If you want Muslim refugees so bad, then why don't you host them in your own home?
One thing people need to realize about the Islam religion, is that just like Christianity, you have people that follow the book and those that just go through the motions of religion.

Generally most Muslims are going through the motions just like many Christians are. This means they aren't die hard "Fundamentalists" as they are called.

For any individual that truly starts following the Koran as it is written, NO ONE can deny the religion does not talk about the following:

1) forced conversion with using violence

2) an institution of a Theocracy and sharia law

All you have to do is do a bit of research. What if the populace votes in a President that is a TRUE Muslim practicing what the Koran states?

Ultimately, someone's ideology is going to be running the nation. Thus far the underlining ideology for America has been of Christian origin defining what is right and what is wrong.

Something to think about.

Old 01-29-2017, 08:30 AM

6,354 posts, read 5,444,488 times
As a white heterosexual male from an upper-middle class family....most of Trump and his cult members rhetoric and hate is not directed at me and thus in theory won't negatively effect my circumstances.

As a human being.....the ugliness shown by what this guy has brought out in people is nauseating and terrifying.

Old 01-29-2017, 08:34 AM

1,285 posts, read 588,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Yep, and neither have all of the other TERRORISTS that have mounted successful attacks in the U.S....
It's not the plan to NOT let anyone in, the plan is to be as sure as we can be that those that are coming in are A. Who they say they are B. Exactly what they claim to be.
Why is that a bad thing?
Well for starters all the terrorists attackers have been MALE and not FEMALE.
With sole female attacker - Tashfeen Malik who was from PAKISTAN - one of the countries NOT ON TRUMPS LIST.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...9878012333.jpg

She looks like a strict adherent to Islamist belief.
Constrasts starkly with the americanized Iranian wife of my earlier post.

Old 01-29-2017, 08:34 AM

4,534 posts, read 4,917,203 times
Because it isn't a black or white issue. Anyone with a shred of intelligence can see that you simply can not lump 1+ billion people into the 'bad' bin because 0.01% of them are terrorists.

Who knows what kind of contributions this country is banning? People like my father were banned from immigrating to the United States until 1965 because people like him 'would bring the country and our neighborhoods down'. He arrived in this country with only $20 in his pocket, yet today he owns his home, drives a Ford F-150 (and has never owned any other car except American), and rides around on his fat hog of a Harley every single day now that he's retired.

But if we had people like Trump in office back in his day he would have probably never been able to become an American and buy American products like Fords and Harleys.

The first country EVER to recognize the United States as a country? A Muslim country. In fact, our longest formal friendship in existence to this very day isn't with any European country, it is with a Muslim one--Morocco.

How about the owner of the Jacksonville Jaguars Shahid Khan? He came here and washed dishes for $1.20/hr. He's now a billionaire who his the personification of the American Dream.

Guess who invented the ice cream cone? It wasn't a European, it was none other than a Syrian Muslim immigrant during the World's Fair in St. Louis. How many of your kids enjoy that Muslim immigrant invention?

There are 20,000 Muslim physicians in the United States. The Sears Tower in Chicago was designed by a Muslim.

What makes the United States and not Russia, China, or any other country in the Middle East is that we supposedly have tolerance to ALL cultures religions and people. The pledge of allegiance ends with 'and justice FOR ALL'.

Old 01-29-2017, 08:36 AM

8,281 posts, read 6,360,890 times
Have you ever seen the movies, Midnight Express or Not Without My Daughter?

Old 01-29-2017, 08:38 AM

68,299 posts, read 54,193,573 times
How does Trump's ban on refugees from certain countries affect YOUR life negatively?

HOW does it affect my life positively when it leaves the door open to actors from countries with histories of harboring/spawning terrorists like Saudi Arabia and Pakistan?

Old 01-29-2017, 08:39 AM

77,013 posts, read 47,464,680 times
Quote:
How does Trump's ban on refugees from certain countries affect YOUR life negatively?
Pitting one religion against another practically begs for another 911, and it will affect the whole country.

Trumps order was EXACTLY what the terrorists were hoping for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies