Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 10:11 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,329,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
Most these refugees support the murder and oppression of Christians.
Where do people come up with these idiotic lies? Refugees to the U.S. are some of the best, hardest working people you will ever meet. We are talking people like Einstein, Kissinger, Albright.

They have gone through extreme vetting, and a grand total of ZERO Americans have been killed by a refugee from any of these banned countries. Not even one. Zero!

In other words, the toddlers of the U.S. are far more lethal than these refugees. Every year toddlers kill a number of Americans (usually accidental shootings). Let's ban babies! If we can ban people from countries for committing ZERO homicides or acts of terror, certainly we can ban childbirth given the apparent lethal risk to snowflake Trump voters...

In 1938, two-thirds of Americans opposed Jewish refugees. They claimed they were "terrorists", and the Jews perished in the Nazi camps of Eastern Europe. Now history is repeating itself.

These Famous People Were Refugees | The Huffington Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

26,656 posts, read 28,659,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I used to live in an area with many illegal aliens, and that is why I hate those people.
I don't hate illegals but I do want them gone. This was not about illegals. This was about people who were documented, had already been vetted. Some of these people are LEGAL permanent US residents already living here--that's what concerns me. So they come here the right way and they don't do anything wrong, minding their own business, contributing to the country. Then when they go back to visit their country, suddenly there's an unannounced blanket ban that won't allow them back in. No warning. There was no imminent emergency reason for suddenly doing this.

I agree that we have to be careful and I do not have the answer. But this was just plain mean spirited and will only give ammunition to the terrorist Muslims. Just gives them more reason to attack us--they don't even need a reason but Trump just gave them one.

16,062 posts, read 26,736,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
The first colonist came in 1584 and the first successful colony was in 1607 so your idea that we are all immigrants is not true. Our nation was formed in 1776 so that is several generations of people born on American soil before the country was formed. An immigrant is someone who arrives in a country AFTER it is formed. Those who were born on American soil and were here at the time our nation was formed are founding fathers and not immigrants.

We were at the time the nation was formed and thereafter mostly not immigrants. We have immigration laws that are supposed to keep it that way. Too many immigrants compromises our national security. That is why we have immigration laws.
The colonists were immigrants. They came from elsewhere. The very definition of an immigrant:

ˈiməɡrənt/
noun
a person who comes to live permanently in a foreign country.
synonyms: newcomer, settler, migrant, emigrant; More

Old 01-28-2017, 10:12 PM

35,688 posts, read 21,035,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
The first colonist came in 1584 and the first successful colony was in 1607 so your idea that we are all immigrants is not true. Our nation was formed in 1776 so that is several generations of people born on American soil before the country was formed. An immigrant is someone who arrives in a country AFTER it is formed. Those who were born on American soil and were here at the time our nation was formed are founding fathers and not immigrants.

We were at the time the nation was formed and thereafter mostly not immigrants. We have immigration laws that are supposed to keep it that way. Too many immigrants compromises our national security. That is why we have immigration laws.
After they killed every living person who lived these lands since before ships--- then stuck Them in a prison called a reservation worse conditions than let's just not go there. History starting to repeat itself with that old European mentality

Old 01-28-2017, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post

What the gnashing teeth zombie liberals don't realize is all the protesting and nasty behavior will drive more people into the President Trump camp.
"Liberals" don't oppose Trump. Decent people around the world oppose Trump. He is a global pariah, opposed by 90% of the planet.

And if people are really so self-destructive to be "driven into the President Trump camp" because decent people seek to stop America turning into a fascist state, then so be it. Can't fix stupid. We still have a Constitution, at least for now.
Quote:

A society can't prosper without law and order. The democrats are the party of anarchy and chaos. There will never be prosperity with them in power until they get a grip on reality.
Given that the crime rate plummeted and economy boomed under the last two Democrat presidents, while the economy crumbled under the last Republican President, this sounds like an absurd claim.

Anyways it has nothing to do with anything because Trump isn't a Republican and his opponents aren't Democrats, and Muslim bans have nothing to do with "law and order".

Old 01-28-2017, 10:15 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,736,838 times
Quote:
Absolutely correct.

What the gnashing teeth zombie liberals don't realize is all the protesting and nasty behavior will drive more people into the President Trump camp. A society can't prosper without law and order. The democrats are the party of anarchy and chaos. There will never be prosperity with them in power until they get a grip on reality.
We have a grip. You are simply not understanding the gravity of Trumps actions. There will never be prosperity with someone like Trump.

Old 01-28-2017, 10:17 PM

1,663 posts, read 875,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioToCO View Post
Not everybody in the world cares only about their own well being. Every person who supports the refugee ban and calls themselves Christian is a fake Christian.

And some of us are more concerned with the well being of our fellow American citizens over a culture that has proved to be a disaster in Europe.

Christians Need To Stop Being So Naive About Muslim Immigration

Old 01-28-2017, 10:20 PM

3,536 posts, read 2,856,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I don't hate illegals but I do want them gone. This was not about illegals. This was about people who were documented, had already been vetted. Some of these people are LEGAL permanent US residents already living here--that's what concerns me. So they come here the right way and they don't do anything wrong, minding their own business, contributing to the country. Then when they go back to visit their country, suddenly there's an unannounced blanket ban that won't allow them back in. No warning. There was no imminent emergency reason for suddenly doing this.

I agree that we have to be careful and I do not have the answer. But this was just plain mean spirited and will only give ammunition to the terrorist Muslims. Just gives them more reason to attack us--they don't even need a reason but Trump just gave them one.

I just going to copy and paste this from another very similar thread.

Here's an idea, Lets not take in any refugees. from anywhere.
I think we have done enough, we have policed the world since WW2, we send vast amounts of money to dozens of country's, and the useless UN, We out spend all of our allies combined 10 times over on defence so that they can maintain there social welfare utopia's.
As far as I am concerned we have done our fair share, Refugees will just have to go elsewhere, Nobody will take you, oh well not our problem.
No foreigner of any religion has a right to come to the United States. Solve your own problems, fix your own country and or government or go somewhere else, but your not coming here.

Time to turn on the NO VACANCY sign.

RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozerbear View Post
And some of us are more concerned with the well being of our fellow American citizens over a culture that has proved to be a disaster in Europe.
I am European. Anyone who believes that Europe is a "disaster" is watching fakenews.

Europe is MUCH safer than the U.S. The U.S could only dream of being as secure as somewhere like France or Germany. They have a tiny fraction of murders of the U.S.

And the crime rate in Germany and France has actually dropped in recent years. I bet you few Americans know this. Millions of refugees in Germany, and the crime rate dropped. Not one terrorist attack in Germany has been tied to refugees.

26,656 posts, read 28,659,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
After they killed every living person who lived these lands since before ships--- then stuck Them in a prison called a reservation worse conditions than let's just not go there. History starting to repeat itself with that old European mentality
Yes, imperialism went out of style long ago. Cruel things were done back then when countries wanted to colonize the world and then plunder the occupied lands. No one cared about who was hurt and whose lives were ruined. It was all about money and profit.

We got beyond that. Now we have laws that allow people to immigrate legally. No matter where you come from, you are vetted carefully. Once you pass all the tests and are cleared to come here legally, you should be treated decently unless you break a law. The people who were suddenly banned today have broken no law; in fact they had already been cleared to come here and many were LEGAL permanent residents of the USA who own homes, have jobs and families here. It affects me because this is totally unfair, it's like going back in time, and if they can do this to legal residents and vetted refugees, are they going to start doing this to citizens too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies