Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2017, 06:30 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,755,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Oh, you travelled to Europe a couple of times, so that makes you knowledgeable of their cultures and values?

My "anecdotal" evidence bears much more weight than does your reliance on right-wing American media. You're a clueless, white-bread American with little experience or knowledge outside of your insular little bubble.
Actually, all my husband's side, all English, over 50 crowd voted for Brexit. I think it's the right decision. All the younger ones didn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2017, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
We invite President Xi Jinping of Communist China for a State Visit. King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia. President Vladimir Putin. Romania's Nicolae Ceausescu also?

But not the democratically elected President of the United States, our closest ally in the world?

President Trump will get the whole works. Same as Presidents before him. The protestors can stamp their little feet all they want. Won't make any difference.
I think U.K. should roll out the red carpet for Trump.

Old 02-01-2017, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
I would like to see exectly what Trump stands for, before we endorse him in such a public manner and indeed play to his own vanity. He's only been in the job a few weeks and whole countries are up in arms, surely it's better to be cautious and at least wait until 2018 before parading him through the streets of London surrounded by the Queens Guards and Household Cavalry.

It seems a bit weird when some of the greatest Presidents in US History, many of whom I mentioned in my last post were never afforded such an honour.

I know the American people are great allies and friends, and we want closer relations with them, but that doesn't mwan we shouldn't err on the side of caution.
U.K. may have no choice, unless you want to be ruled by those EU people.

Old 02-01-2017, 06:36 PM

30,362 posts, read 19,143,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I think U.K. Should roll out the red carpet for Trump.
They will, they know who runs the world now. We defeated them in 2 wars and saved their butts in 2 more wars, I don't think there's enough stupid people in UK to mess with us and get them in trouble.

Old 02-01-2017, 06:36 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,570,389 times
Quote:
582,000 petition signatures and counting
So what? These people are the equivalent to our "Snowflakes" here, and are a bunch of loons. we have them here, and they have them there. Who cares what they think. Its up to the British Government, not the "Snowflakes." They will make out about the same as they made out here. Going no where.

Old 02-01-2017, 06:42 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,751,778 times
I knew these signatures were a load of cr** Having them does not mean you are going to stop the visit because it is STILL ON!

(TODAY)
A poll by YouGov published Wednesday said nearly half of Britons surveyed thought Mr Trump's visit should go ahead, despite 1.7 million people signing a petition for his visit to be cancelled.
Just 36 per cent believed invitation of a state visit should be rescinded. Sixty per cent of the men surveyed approved of the visit while women were evenly split.

Prime Minister Theresa May issued the invitation to Mr Trump on behalf of Queen Elizabeth II during her visit to the White House on Friday, just seven days after the President's inauguration.

For the record: I like Theresa May and she seem to get along with Trump "swimmingly"

Theresa May says Donald Trump's UK visit will go ahead, but no word on Parliament address

Old 02-01-2017, 06:45 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,723,053 times
Default Lol ...

Quote:
Any petition over 100,000 has to be debated in Parliament, so there will have to now be a debate calling for Trump's State visit to meet the Queen to be cancelled.
Go UK!!!
I would be throwing a party in celebration of that happening.
This his attitude he might expect the Queen to bow to him .

Old 02-01-2017, 06:47 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,751,778 times
I HOPE the Queen welcomes President Trump and this would send a message to all the cry-babies of the world.

Old 02-01-2017, 06:49 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,570,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
As an American, I applaud the effort to stop this madman from being allowed to appear before the Queen.

What an embarrassment it would be to have this pig, hair flapping, coat hanging wide open with his huge gut hanging out, pretending that trailer trash could somehow be in the same league as the Queen of England.

Good on you lot for saying NO. We're working on it here in America, but it takes time. We have an expression: You can't fix stupid. We have a LOT of stupid that has been taken in by the profanity, the vulgar behavior, the racists comments, the bigoted behavior, and the unconscionable behavior toward women. Wait till he tries to bring his high priced call girl wife with him into the hallowed halls of England.

Just say NO. We're behind you. If we get a proper President back in office, we would love to have him or her come visit your country and the Royal Family. Until that time, it would be an embarrassment for both of our lands.
No, Americans aren't behind the "Snowflakes" in the UK. Left wing Liberal Trump haters don't speak for all Americans. If they did, we would not be talking about Trump as President. The only one fighting Trump here are the Liberal Snowflakes who protest by tearing up stuff, and forming groups to sit around and cry. That's not the Americans that support the UK. The Trump haters are the ones that are glad the Refugees has invaded the UK and the ones that will fight to send more to you.

Don't be fooled by these people saying they are standing with the UK. They are only standing with your version of the "Snowflake." The ones that wanted to sell out the UK to the EU, and condemned "Brexit. They are the ones who want you to open your Borders to more Muslims and their freedom to Practice their Religion. like Sharia Law in your Country. These people are not your friends. The President is.

Old 02-01-2017, 08:51 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,832,854 times
Thumbs up *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear
As an American, I applaud the effort to stop this madman from being allowed to appear before the Queen.

What an embarrassment it would be to have this pig, hair flapping, coat hanging wide open with his huge gut hanging out, pretending that trailer trash could somehow be in the same league as the Queen of England.

Good on you lot for saying NO. We're working on it here in America, but it takes time. We have an expression: You can't fix stupid. We have a LOT of stupid that has been taken in by the profanity, the vulgar behavior, the racists comments, the bigoted behavior, and the unconscionable behavior toward women. Wait till he tries to bring his high priced call girl wife with him into the hallowed halls of England.

Just say NO. We're behind you. If we get a proper President back in office, we would love to have him or her come visit your country and the Royal Family. Until that time, it would be an embarrassment for both of our lands.
The BEST reply on this thread so far!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies