Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 06:06 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Dzhokhar was a citizen, Tamerlan was not. This was a screw up of epic proportions and shows what incompetents our "intelligence" consists of.
True. I've always said that they dropped the ball, but it doesn't mean they're are totally incompetent. Maybe in some cases their hands are tied, but I'd need to go off on a different subject about privacy rights.

Quote:
Tamerlan was traveling back and forth between known area's of terrorists activities. We were warned about his actions from other countries. He was a suspect in a murder back here. And what was done? Nothing. Old ladies were getting felt up while waiting to get on airplanes but this guy? Nothing.
I can't argue with you about this, since I always wonder why some people are taken off of watch lists. OTOH, should someone like Dylan Roof with photos and a manifesto posted online be investigated, and could he have been stopped from killing 9 Black churchgoers? Again, I'd have to go off on a tangent to discuss snooping into our private lives by the FBI and CIA and when that is acceptable.

Quote:
So when it's said that Trump is ignoring the intelligence briefings, I have to wonder whether or not that is a good thing.
No, it is never a good thing. Just because some surgeons screw up and kill people on the operating table, does that mean you wouldn't want your doctor to keep up with the latest medical procedures? Just because there have been hijackings and plane crashes, does that mean a pilot shouldn't follow the necessary actions to keep all the passengers safe? We need to learn why something went wrong and fix the problem, not ignore it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2017, 06:13 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
True. I've always said that they dropped the ball, but it doesn't mean they're are totally incompetent. Maybe in some cases their hands are tied, but I'd need to go off on a different subject about privacy rights.
Non citizens have no privacy rights when traveling to terrorists enclaves.

Quote:
I can't argue with you about this, since I always wonder why some people are taken off of watch lists. OTOH, should someone like Dylan Roof with photos and a manifesto posted online be investigated, and could he have been stopped from killing 9 Black churchgoers? Again, I'd have to go off on a tangent to discuss snooping into our private lives by the FBI and CIA and when that is acceptable.
Roof had broken no laws. We can address non citizens leaving the country. We do not have to let them back in.

Quote:
No, it is never a good thing. Just because some surgeons screw up and kill people on the operating table, does that mean you wouldn't want your doctor to keep up with the latest medical procedures? Just because there have been hijackings and plane crashes, does that mean a pilot shouldn't follow the necessary actions to keep all the passengers safe? We need to learn why something went wrong and fix the problem, not ignore it.
I would never go to a doctor that screwed up this bad. This screw up is the reason why Trump would win in court.

Old 02-25-2017, 06:19 PM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
Would Jesus advise us to close our borders to refugees fleeing violence and terrorism?
Jesus would convert them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies