Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 04:14 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,635,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Congress passed the law. Obama Created the list. Trump just used the list that the Obama administration created.

[/url]
so I is write a list of names and you kill the people on the list I am responsible for your actions...?

I call balls, I call balls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2017, 04:17 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
And so it begins. Trump's idiotic actions blamed on Obama.
No kidding! I'm remembering how outraged repubs were when poor Shrub had to carry the fallout from Libs. Now it's them doing it. Short memories abound.

Old 01-29-2017, 04:24 PM

1,285 posts, read 591,873 times
CNN mentioned this already:

The Obama administration's travel restriction provided extra scrutiny to people who traveled to these seven countries -- Iran, Iraq, Sudan, Syria, Somalia, Libya and Yemen -- because they are hotbeds for foreign fighters.

It did not specifically ban people from entering the US just because they were citizens from these seven countries. All were still eligible to apply and get interviewed, they just could not utilize the visa waiver program. It was not a complete ban.

The countries are indeed from the Obama administration's list, but the breadth of the limitations are far greater at the outset.
It also does not explain why other countries are not on the list.
How Trump's travel ban affects green card holders and dual citizens - CNNPolitics.com

Old 01-30-2017, 05:51 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,096,148 times
Trump did a great job with not mentioning any countries in his EO, but instead using Obama's list of countries.

Old 01-30-2017, 06:04 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,987,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman0war View Post
CNN mentioned this already:

The Obama administration's travel restriction provided extra scrutiny to people who traveled to these seven countries -- Iran, Iraq, Sudan, Syria, Somalia, Libya and Yemen -- because they are hotbeds for foreign fighters.

It did not specifically ban people from entering the US just because they were citizens from these seven countries. All were still eligible to apply and get interviewed, they just could not utilize the visa waiver program. It was not a complete ban.

The countries are indeed from the Obama administration's list, but the breadth of the limitations are far greater at the outset.
It also does not explain why other countries are not on the list.
How Trump's travel ban affects green card holders and dual citizens - CNNPolitics.com
Its pretty simple . A lot of the other countries have fully functional governments and the US does business there.

Old 01-31-2017, 05:15 AM

43,659 posts, read 44,385,284 times
Could this have anything to do with it (besides blaming the former president)?
Six of the seven countries on Trump's list also ban visitors based on nationality

Old 01-31-2017, 05:47 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
This has got nothing to do with the policy under Obama to pay extra attention in vetting those traveling from or through certain countries.

Has nothing to do with our national security either. If it did, Bannon and Trump would have put a 90-120 hold on travel from countries that export terrorists such as Saudi Arabia and other hotbeds of terrorist activity such as Indonesia.

This is a shock event to divert minds away from the Russian business which was getting a bit too real what with the arrest of three Russian cybersecurity experts for being American spies. Then there was the Russian aide that was the most likely person to leak the blackmail dossier. He was found dead from a "heart attack" in the back of his car.

Nothing to see here, folks. All sorts of men crawl into the trunk of their cars to have heart attacks. Perfectly normal. Move along.

Handcuffed five year-olds and grandmas detained for hours on end sucks up a lot of attention.

If you think appointing Steve "Burn the Place Down" to a permanent slot on the National Security Council is just nuts, keep alert.

This Muslim travel ban is a distraction.The real event is ahead.

Old 01-31-2017, 05:48 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
This Muslim travel ban has got nothing to do with the policy under Obama to pay extra attention in vetting those traveling from or through certain countries.

Has nothing to do with our national security either. If it did, Bannon and Trump would have put a 90-120 hold on travel from countries that export terrorists such as Saudi Arabia and other hotbeds of terrorist activity such as Indonesia.

This is a shock event to divert minds away from the Russian business which was getting a bit too real what with the arrest of three Russian cybersecurity experts for being American spies. Then there was the Russian aide that was the most likely person to leak the blackmail dossier. He was found dead from a "heart attack" in the back of his car.

Nothing to see here, folks. All sorts of men crawl into the trunk of their cars to have heart attacks. Perfectly normal. Move along.

Handcuffed five year-olds and grandmas detained for hours on end sucks up a lot of attention.

If you think appointing Steve "Burn the Place Down" to a permanent slot on the National Security Council is just nuts, keep alert.

This travel ban is a distraction. The real event is coming. We will likely see it later this week.

Old 01-31-2017, 06:58 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Butbutbut, this is different! Obama is the messiah, the savior of the far left and the symbol of black American progress. He can do no wrong. To even point this out is wacist!!!! Whhaaaaaa. Where's my binkie.

Old 01-31-2017, 07:03 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
I'l repeat what I said in another thread - when I get a new position at any company I always come in, look at processes/procedures, do an audit of the finances, files, etc., then I set my own agenda.

I don't trust the previous person who was in my position enough, even if they were a good leader, to just take what they were doing and keep doing it.

IMO this excuse about "Trump used Obama's list" shows that Trump lacks leadership skills as he did not create his own "list" and choose specific countries for restrictions based on his own investigations. He campaigned, in part on the inability of Obama to lead, yet chose to use a list created by Obama - who he has called a failed leader. I would never use information from a previous executive or manager if I took their place and felt they were a poor leader. I'd review everything they did and make my own conclusion.

You all believing that this is "hypocrisy" of the left should also acknowledge that your reasoning in this matter is flawed due to the above also the fact that Obama never issued the types of restrictions on these nations like Trump has. I would also like to know in what capacity was this list created. When was it created? Do other countries have these nations on a watch list or their nationals under additional scrutiny as well? These are all things that Trump, if he had good leadership and administration skills IMO should have asked and reviewed prior to issuing this order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies