Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2018, 04:29 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,227,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
so you''re basically saying Hillary was going to win but then the Russians and now people on Facebook swung the election away from her?

are you forgetting Hillary had a billion dollar campaign? How come they couldn't counter this propaganda?

Russia's federal revenue in 2016 was $200 Billions, to Hillary's $1 billion.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2018, 04:30 PM

5,297 posts, read 6,172,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
So why on earth would people want to be "friends" with people they don't even know and will most likely never ever meet? Simple. Because they are only interested in telling all these people they will never ever meet what they are eating for dinner, etc. etc.
It's a millennial thing.

Old 03-19-2018, 04:36 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,227,271 times
Default Revealed: Trump’s election consultants filmed saying they use bribes and sex workers to entrap politicians

Revealed: Trump’s election consultants filmed saying they use bribes and sex workers to entrap politicians

Quote:

In an undercover investigation by Channel 4 News, the company’s chief executive Alexander Nix said the British firm secretly campaigns in elections across the world. This includes operating through a web of shadowy front companies, or by using sub-contractors.

In one exchange, when asked about digging up material on political opponents, Mr Nix said they could “send some girls around to the candidate’s house”, adding that Ukrainian girls “are very beautiful, I find that works very well”. In another he said: “We’ll offer a large amount of money to the candidate, to finance his campaign in exchange for land for instance, we’ll have the whole thing recorded, we’ll blank out the face of our guy and we post it on the Internet.”

Offering bribes to public officials is an offence under both the UK Bribery Act and the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. Cambridge Analytica operates in the UK and is registered in the United States.

Ukrainian girls, eh? No wonder Trump hired these guys.

Old 03-19-2018, 04:37 PM

267 posts, read 121,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
The point I was trying to make was that the Mercer's have an agenda, they are out to make themselves richer, since Republicans are willing to be their lapdogs they will try to elect Republican candidates. If for some reason Democrats had policies that benefited the Mercer's they would support them. Same with the Koch's and the Walton's they are all just out for themselves, they don't have any loyalty to either political party.

All over the world the right has the same agenda. If you think republicans have any other agenda than to lower taxes on the rich and remove social programs then you must have been influenced by some fake news. The right is supported by the wealthy. It doesn’t matter what they are called but who they work for.

Old 03-19-2018, 04:39 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuca Racha View Post
Sleepy what did they consent to? The data on the quiz? Your friend wouldn’t have that data if they didn’t agree with the quiz.

Now the data on your Facebook profile, can Facebook sell it to whoever they want? How did CA have access to that data? Did they hack Facebook or did they buy the permission to request it? Has this been discussed anywhere? If they had permission to access that data then it was not illegally obtained.
If you use an app through facebook you are given a list of things the owner of the app wants access to, i.e. user profile, phone number, posts, friends lists, photos, etc. If you grant permission then the app owner can do what it wants with that information. 270,000 people using the app that is under discussion granted access through the app. Cambridge Analytica then used all the information on every friend and contact of the people who had given permission. They accessed data for 50 million people even though only 270,000 had given them permission.

I'm not sure why you are confused by it, if you ever played a facebook game or filled out one of those personality tests or IQ tests that show up on facebook you should be aware of how access is given on facebook

Old 03-19-2018, 04:40 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
So who here had there vote influenced by Facebook posts?

Old 03-19-2018, 04:40 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
You aren't missing out on anything. All the friends I ever need I see in person. I've run across people who've got FB and it seems in most cases, they seem to have more "friends" on there that they've actually never ever met before. It's like they are in a contest to get as many "friends" as possible. So why on earth would people want to be "friends" with people they don't even know and will most likely never ever meet? Simple. Because they are only interested in telling all these people they will never ever meet what they are eating for dinner, etc. etc.
I use facebook but the only friends I have are friends, relatives or neighbors. I don't become friends with random people and I doubt if very many people do.

Old 03-19-2018, 04:42 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Ukrainian girls, eh?
Well, the Ukraine girls really knock me out. They leave the west behind.

Old 03-19-2018, 04:44 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,093,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
So who here had there vote influenced by Facebook posts?

Anyone that didn’t vote for Hillary according to liberals. Hell thy also blame that on why Bernie was a force in the primaries

Old 03-19-2018, 04:44 PM

12,966 posts, read 9,645,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454;51353914[B
]Facebook is a left wing haven

[/b]

The idea by the left that it’s a right wing outlet is laughable

And both sides use Facebook profiles for data gathering
Used by millions of people on the right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies