U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-29-2017, 02:35 PM
 
3,764 posts, read 3,802,531 times
Reputation: 5198

Advertisements

I mean if we are going to require LEGAL residents of this country to have to go through a more extreme process to return to this country they're legally allowed to live in, why can't we also demand to subject The President to an extreme vetting process in order to make sure he isn't a puppet of Russia? Or vet his taxes that he's never shown. This guy is on the public payroll and gets paid with taxpayer dollars as well as uses them. We should therefore demand that he too face an extreme vetting process to be the leader of our friggin' country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-29-2017, 02:43 PM
 
Location: United States
10,950 posts, read 5,066,314 times
Reputation: 5237
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
I mean if we are going to require LEGAL residents of this country to have to go through a more extreme process to return to this country they're legally allowed to live in, why can't we also demand to subject The President to an extreme vetting process in order to make sure he isn't a puppet of Russia? Or vet his taxes that he's never shown. This guy is on the public payroll and gets paid with taxpayer dollars as well as uses them. We should therefore demand that he too face an extreme vetting process to be the leader of our friggin' country.
You didn't say that when Obama was running for office.

In fact, there was great resistance to states that wanted to require having to show proof of citizenship. You dems opposed this, despite the fact that being a US citizen is a requirement in the constitution.

One may think that some of you dems had your doubts that Berry could clear that hurdle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2017, 03:14 PM
 
Location: Suburb of Chicago
20,662 posts, read 10,026,323 times
Reputation: 20190
The IRS has audited Trump more than once. With as punitive as they've been under the Obama administration, it's likely they would have nailed him if there was any wrongdoing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2017, 03:16 PM
 
Location: Milwaukee
4,244 posts, read 2,087,674 times
Reputation: 2657
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
You didn't say that when Obama was running for office.

In fact, there was great resistance to states that wanted to require having to show proof of citizenship. You dems opposed this, despite the fact that being a US citizen is a requirement in the constitution.

One may think that some of you dems had your doubts that Berry could clear that hurdle.
Obama produced his tax returns and birth certificate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2017, 03:19 PM
 
Location: Places you dream of
20,203 posts, read 12,115,777 times
Reputation: 8768
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
The IRS has audited Trump more than once. With as punitive as they've been under the Obama administration, it's likely they would have nailed him if there was any wrongdoing.
there is NO WAY for us to know they did or his fines or payback-- so can't say they did not find a hot mess!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2017, 03:21 PM
 
Location: Pacific NW
9,440 posts, read 5,817,212 times
Reputation: 7895
You think Hillary and her campaign didn't already do that before she lost? If there was any kind of smoking gun there it would already have been found. Rather like the whole 'birther' issue with Obama, if there was something to it I'd have expected Hillary to have dug it up during the 2007 primaries so she would have that nomination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2017, 03:25 PM
 
Location: Suburb of Chicago
20,662 posts, read 10,026,323 times
Reputation: 20190
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
there is NO WAY for us to know they did or his fines or payback-- so can't say they did not find a hot mess!
There is NO WAY this information wouldn't have been leaked if they'd found anything. Even something benign would have been leaked with a spin that it was the most egregious tax violation ever committed by man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2017, 05:41 PM
 
Location: Ohio
19,904 posts, read 14,232,069 times
Reputation: 16083
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
There is NO WAY this information wouldn't have been leaked if they'd found anything. Even something benign would have been leaked with a spin that it was the most egregious tax violation ever committed by man.
No doubt. And it would have been leaked early on in the campaign, long before the Republican Convention was held.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2017, 05:48 PM
 
Location: Salisbury,NC
10,573 posts, read 4,413,268 times
Reputation: 4665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
No doubt. And it would have been leaked early on in the campaign, long before the Republican Convention was held.
It took Politico to let out the info on the POTUS. My guess is it will come out from the gas oil party when he goes against their best interests
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top