Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2017, 08:06 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
So if Trump doesn't answer the way YOU want, it'll cause him problems? hahahahahaha
You do realize you lost don't you? Get over it.
It will lead to problems for him due to the country contacting their GOP representatives.

I think Trump doesn't understand that Congress has the ultimate power in our government due to being representatives "of the people." If the GOP gets too upset/uneasy over his brash actions, they actually can remove him.

I personally don't think that will happen but they can also form coalitions against him and destroy him politically. I think they were happy at first about him as he being president mean they can push through a lot of legislation that they find important to the country at large - including immigration reform and vetting of people coming to this country (FWIW, I personally don't believe our system lacks in any regard in the vetting process due to having worked with the refugee population and knowing that they are extensively background checked/screened however I do think the visa systems needs some better management and technology use to track people whose visas expire).

But if he keeps attempting to usurp their authority, they are going to get POd at him and they are the ones who can actually do him some political damage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2017, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The loony Soros paid airheads. Don't make me laugh.
Don't kid yourself about Soros. I honestly never heard of him until I saw many of you posting on this forum. I've personally gone to many protests in my life and have never been paid. Some of my relatives are participating in the protests of this past weekend and today and they are not paid by Soros.

Old 01-30-2017, 08:10 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,894,188 times
Quote:
So if Trump doesn't answer the way YOU want, it'll cause him problems? hahahahahaha
You do realize you lost don't you? Get over it.
You don't think Trump has problems?? Pull the wool off of your eyes and out of your head. You'll soon be laughing out of the other side of your mouth.

Trump is not responding to the will of or representing the majority of the American people. He is in violation of the Constitution of the United States. Trump is a public servant, not an absolute monarch, and he and his followers would do well to remember that - and to remember what happened to America's last king.

You lost, not me, if you buy this. I understand how our government is supposed to work and the principles of liberty and justice upon which it was founded, and will work to uphold Constitutional government, while you show no awareness of Constitutional government or American history whatsoever

Old 01-30-2017, 08:13 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,894,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Those clowns might as well switch parties.
Apt username, Pretzelogik...

Old 01-30-2017, 08:38 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The loony Soros paid airheads.
The rabid right's favorite fake news talking point recently.

Quote:
Don't make me laugh.
I try for a smile. But irrational anger from the reptile brain kinda squashes that out in lots of conservos.

Old 01-30-2017, 08:41 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
You don't think Trump has problems?? Pull the wool off of your eyes and out of your head. You'll soon be laughing out of the other side of your mouth.

Trump is not responding to the will of or representing the majority of the American people. He is in violation of the Constitution of the United States. Trump is a public servant, not an absolute monarch, and he and his followers would do well to remember that - and to remember what happened to America's last king.

You lost, not me, if you buy this. I understand how our government is supposed to work and the principles of liberty and justice upon which it was founded, and will work to uphold Constitutional government, while you show no awareness of Constitutional government or American history whatsoever
You never once mentioned policy. Your posts are all tabloid fodder with the same drama queen theme. It's always about policy. Progressive policies are known failures. Your liar in chief proved that.
You lost, get over it.

Old 01-30-2017, 08:44 AM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I agree with this in regards to McCain and Graham.

I was also happy to see my own GOP Senator - Rob Portman also criticize this move by Trump. I did contact him via phone and email and his website and implored him not to go the route of following the crowd just because they all have an R after their name.

FWIW, I am for better tracking of people on travel visas and an investigation into the current vetting process so improvements can be made. But there have been no threats received about these specific groups that were banned and Trump, due to having a majority in Congress with his party, should have allowed them to review his proposals and enact some legislation instead. There was no reason for him to issue this EO IMO. He would have received support for vetting and visa tracking by the GOP if he'd gone to them. The EO was poorly written and included no instructions, which is why it has caused so much confusion and chaos.

I'm hoping more Republicans will begin to challenge him on these ridiculous EOs and implore him to go to Congress first. They, as a body, have more power than he has and if he gets on their nerves, I foresee them removing him for Pence, especially the GOP majority if more of them get rumbles about this and other brash actions by the President from their constituents.
I am also in favor of improving the VIsa program but there was absolutely no reason to halt the refugee program particularly for Syria. They are already vetted for years at many levels and to halt this program in the middle of the largest refugees crisis since WW2 makes little sense unless there was a known threat.

They should have come up with the changes instead of shutting everything down.

Old 01-30-2017, 08:45 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
It will lead to problems for him due to the country contacting their GOP representatives.

I think Trump doesn't understand that Congress has the ultimate power in our government due to being representatives "of the people." If the GOP gets too upset/uneasy over his brash actions, they actually can remove him..
No they cannot remove him. Don't be absurd. btw the progressive right isn't too fond of him right now.

Quote:
I personally don't think that will happen but they can also form coalitions against him and destroy him politically.
You made this up. We the people voted him in not congress. Hopefully the right, unlike the left the past 8 years, holds Trump accountable. We will see.

Quote:
I think they were happy at first about him as he being president mean they can push through a lot of legislation that they find important to the country at large - including immigration reform and vetting of people coming to this country (FWIW, I personally don't believe our system lacks in any regard in the vetting process due to having worked with the refugee population and knowing that they are extensively background checked/screened however I do think the visa systems needs some better management and technology use to track people whose visas expire).
legislation to undo what the progressive left did.

Quote:
But if he keeps attempting to usurp their authority, they are going to get POd at him and they are the ones who can actually do him some political damage.
Twice you've said that but offer no proof.

Old 01-30-2017, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I am also in favor of improving the VIsa program but there was absolutely no reason to halt the refugee program particularly for Syria. They are already vetted for years at many levels and to halt this program in the middle of the largest refugees crisis since WW2 makes little sense unless there was a known threat.

They should have come up with the changes instead of shutting everything down.
ITA with the bold. I have worked with the refugee population when I was in housing and they go through EXTENSIVE vetting. I personally think it would be a waste of money even doing an "investigation" but I would have rather Congress have issued an investigation into the matter instead of denying them refuge indefinitely.

That was a very dumb, heartless move IMO and unnecessary.

The illegal immigrants overstaying their visas IMO is the most important dangerous threat to our nation when it comes to this issue. More focus should be on those people and not on the southern border and Mexico nor the refugees or permanent residents.

Old 01-30-2017, 08:52 AM

Quote:
No they cannot remove him. Don't be absurd. btw the progressive right isn't too fond of him right now.

They can remove him via the impeachment process. Congress is the body of our government who starts impeachment and they can indeed make such a move if they feel it is warranted. As stated, I don't think that they will do so, but they have the authority to do it. And what you said above that is bolded, is what I'm getting at. I think he doesn't realize that the "progressive right" and the moderate conservatives who are in the middle of the progressives and the....I guess I can call them the "regressive" extreme right, can band together and boot him out of office. This would especially be able to occur in the Senate IMO who has the final authority of recommending impeachment.

Quote:
You made this up. We the people voted him in not congress. Hopefully the right, unlike the left the past 8 years, holds Trump accountable. We will see.
See above. Congress are our representatives. They can indeed get rid of him if they want to.

Quote:
legislation to undo what the progressive left did.
Yes, that is what he should have done instead of these EOs. He has a majority in both houses. He could easily pass legislation on immigration reform, vetting, and building walls.

Quote:
Twice you've said that but offer no proof.
Proof of what? I'm responding to the topic of the thread...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies