Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 01:15 PM

39,206 posts, read 27,575,665 times

Advertisements

well, I have always believed that people who are comfortable with their views should welcome discussion and debate. If they truly believe what they profess to believe people of any political persuasion should be able to defend their views. Further, they should welcome opportunities to do so.

I think some liberals are very intelligent and they certainly keep their ego in check. I can name at least 6 liberals on city-data I can certainly respect. I am not tired of them all. You need to be able to listen to different opinions in order to stay fair and balanced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2017, 01:19 PM

2,320 posts, read 1,867,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
That's because Trump supporters like tyranny, bigotry, and so forth. Oh, they'll try to deny it, but then all they do is spew out double-think insanity, like trying to pretend "Obama is a tyrant who destroyed the economy," when the facts are the exact opposite, or some other drivel.

There is no reasoning with Trump-suckers. They hateful, ignorant, dangerous, and easily led astray by any raging loon who promises to hurt the people they don't like. Fight them on every level, but understand that they are basically beyond redemption at this point.
this.

Checked out the thread due to the title.
Cant believe the number of people in this country that will "step on their d..." (to quote another OP), to spite their own faces....

Old 02-01-2017, 01:22 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,632,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I get it, you don't like Trump. That is your right and it is your right to protest it.
That being said the constant outrage and moral supremacy is ignorant and arrogant. You demand tom Brady apologizes, you call for the end of Uber, you quiet your jobs because your employer congratulates the president on there victory and post it online for the world to see.

You yell at anyone who doesn't hate trump and call them idiot fascist and tell lies. No trump did not call Mexicans criminals and rapist, he said illegal immigrants. Americans have the right to want and defend their borders without you rioting POS coming to burn down our cities.

And as for your moral supremacy and acts as if you are heros fighting injustice like a bunch of royal pricks well guess what, Obama was bombing 7 countries and you were silent, he authorized the droning of AMERICAN CITIZENS and you were silent, he banned refugees and you didn't say a thing. All you care about is appearance and for people to pretend everything is okay.

You praise your bought and paid for politicians for crying crocodile tears and call those who call them out heartless monsters. Well FU, just because you love face Hollywood elitist who don't care a fig for you pretend to be outrage because a politician is actually doing what he said for once doesn't give you the right to demand a baseless impeachment because he burst your fake over rated bubble were you can pretend to be making a difference.
Is the special little snowflake upset? do you need a safe place where the nasty Libs can't use their logic and make you feel awkward for supporting a guy who is a racist, is hiring racists and is being led by a racist...

oh and you lied or are just poorly informed TRUMP DID call Mexicans a whole bunch of things...

When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

Old 02-01-2017, 01:23 PM

2,320 posts, read 1,867,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, I have always believed that people who are comfortable with their views should welcome discussion and debate. If they truly believe what they profess to believe people of any political persuasion should be able to defend their views. Further, they should welcome opportunities to do so.

I think some liberals are very intelligent and they certainly keep their ego in check. I can name at least 6 liberals on city-data I can certainly respect. I am not tired of them all. You need to be able to listen to different opinions in order to stay fair and balanced.
this too.
I stay on city data, because, you know I do think that intelligent discussion and debate leads to growth for all of us.
No one is an "liberal" or a "conservative"- its a spectrum.

Just gets dispiriting some of spouting, some truly unhappy, venom filled comments posted, its awful, sometimes I look but feel like its the scene of a train wreck (so awful you can't look away).

Thank you to all of you who contribute to honest, thoughtful debate -
and I will try to be better, personally on this score.

Old 02-01-2017, 01:34 PM

3,316 posts, read 2,132,650 times
This is all I see from the fringe elements of both sides of the political aisle: "I demand that my voice be heard and my rights be respected, but those with whom I disagree ought to be silenced and rejected."

Millions of narrow-minded lemmings being led about by faceless conglomerates that provide both the fuel and the matches with which to ignite and burn away civil society and social discourse for sake of consolidating profits.

Pat yourselves on the back, but then hang your heads in shame.

Old 02-01-2017, 01:48 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RunnerDude View Post
Libs, needs to behead themselves!
Ah the ever tolerant Trump supporter. Can't wait to take back the government, that way you too can have healthcare that you otherwise couldn't afford. We'll drag you kicking and screaming into 2018 if we have to

Old 02-01-2017, 01:49 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I get it, you don't like Trump. That is your right and it is your right to protest it.
That being said the constant outrage and moral supremacy is ignorant and arrogant. You demand tom Brady apologizes, you call for the end of Uber, you quiet your jobs because your employer congratulates the president on there victory and post it online for the world to see.

You yell at anyone who doesn't hate trump and call them idiot fascist and tell lies. No trump did not call Mexicans criminals and rapist, he said illegal immigrants. Americans have the right to want and defend their borders without you rioting POS coming to burn down our cities.

And as for your moral supremacy and acts as if you are heros fighting injustice like a bunch of royal pricks well guess what, Obama was bombing 7 countries and you were silent, he authorized the droning of AMERICAN CITIZENS and you were silent, he banned refugees and you didn't say a thing. All you care about is appearance and for people to pretend everything is okay.

You praise your bought and paid for politicians for crying crocodile tears and call those who call them out heartless monsters. Well FU, just because you love face Hollywood elitist who don't care a fig for you pretend to be outrage because a politician is actually doing what he said for once doesn't give you the right to demand a baseless impeachment because he burst your fake over rated bubble were you can pretend to be making a difference.
Too bad so sad. You reap what you sow. We put with your BS for 8 years, now its our turn. Here's a tissue.

And by the way...FU too.

Old 02-01-2017, 01:49 PM

39,206 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAjerseychick View Post
this too.
I stay on city data, because, you know I do think that intelligent discussion and debate leads to growth for all of us.
No one is an "liberal" or a "conservative"- its a spectrum.

Just gets dispiriting some of spouting, some truly unhappy, venom filled comments posted, its awful, sometimes I look but feel like its the scene of a train wreck (so awful you can't look away).

Thank you to all of you who contribute to honest, thoughtful debate -
and I will try to be better, personally on this score.
Your posts have always been fair and balanced, I must say.

Thank you.

Old 02-01-2017, 01:52 PM

62,871 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Is the special little snowflake upset? do you need a safe place where the nasty Libs can't use their logic and make you feel awkward for supporting a guy who is a racist, is hiring racists and is being led by a racist...

oh and you lied or are just poorly informed TRUMP DID call Mexicans a whole bunch of things...

When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

Mexicans who come here legally aren't "sent". They come on their own with papers in hand. They aren't the issue the illegal ones are and Trump didn't say they were all racists, etc. Note your last sentence, duh.

Don't you liberals and ethnocentrics get tired up spinning the truth all the time?

Old 02-01-2017, 02:07 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,282,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Your posts have always been fair and balanced, I must say.

Thank you.
I just find it deeply ironic/sad/humorous that around the conversation of respect and understanding are nothing but comments of unbridled hate and ignorance.

I try really hard to maintain a voice of reasonability, but I have to admit that my patience for stupidity wears thin at times, and that's stupidity regardless of political flavor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies