Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 02:13 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
I just find it deeply ironic/sad/humorous that around the conversation of respect and understanding are nothing but comments of unbridled hate and ignorance.

I try really hard to maintain a voice of reasonability, but I have to admit that my patience for stupidity wears thin at times, and that's stupidity regardless of political flavor.
In my opinion, Anonymity (or the illusion thereof) gives people the confidence to say what they think instead of holding up a veil of politeness.

In general I don't think the Internet or politics bring out the best and worst in us, but I do think it shines a light on what was already going on and amplifies it to a point where it's hard to ignore. This can only be a good thing for our future.

I learned a lot here. Plus, discussing politics can be very entertaining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2017, 02:23 PM

66 posts, read 52,645 times
And also, I do have some serious issues with the Republican Party as well... especially with climate change. But I'm saying that Obama did nothing in 8 years.

Old 02-01-2017, 02:57 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,291,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcoble7 View Post
Putting Trump aside, what exactly did Obama do in his 8 years as president? This is the slowest economic recovery since the Great Depression. Race relations are way worse than they have been in a long time.... this was before Trump's comments as well. We were turning into Denmark, which is a progressive country, which is the exact opposite of the American Constitution. About Abortion, if you have sex you get pregnant, it's a natural consequence so I don't know why this women's march/ pro-choice stuff has any logic. Planned Parenthood has no other health care options, the director of planned parenthood said it herself. Detroit is still in shambles because manufacturing is still going to other countries. And how is having good relations with Russia a bad thing? We were totally on the wrong side during the Syrian Cilvil War for Selfish reasons. The Middle East is in terrible shape... and that under Obama and Secretary Clinton's watch! I personally voted third party this election because of his comments. But I would much rather have him than her. Policy is more important than words!
You have a lot of misinformation in here. There are literally dozens of threads and infinite pages that run contrary to these statements.

Obama inherited an economy that in many ways was worse than the great depression, and has been stymied at every turn for the last six years to accomplish anything. It shouldn't be surprising that not a lot got done.

The Constitution mentions nothing about "progressivism", positively or negatively, as it wasn't even a concept in the 18th century.

The abortion discussion generally is about restricting an individual's rights in the name of societal morality. It's nothing about actual babymaking.

I strongly suggest you look at Planned Parenthood's website for the myriad of options they offer beyond abortion.

Detroit is in shambles for multiple reasons, and there's more than enough blame to go around. There's more cars being made in the US than at any point in our history. It's just that most of them are made in manufacturer friendly States instead of those that have supported worker's rights historically.

The issues with Russia stem from their invasion of two sovereign countries and the subsequent annexation of their lands following the last Winter Olympics. Yes relations with the former Superpower are important. However standing against tyranny is a bit high on the scale too.

So are you saying it was Obama that started the Iraq war, which is what has lead us to the absolute ****e show that we have now?

Old 02-01-2017, 03:26 PM

66 posts, read 52,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
You have a lot of misinformation in here. There are literally dozens of threads and infinite pages that run contrary to these statements.

Obama inherited an economy that in many ways was worse than the great depression, and has been stymied at every turn for the last six years to accomplish anything. It shouldn't be surprising that not a lot got done.

The Constitution mentions nothing about "progressivism", positively or negatively, as it wasn't even a concept in the 18th century.

The abortion discussion generally is about restricting an individual's rights in the name of societal morality. It's nothing about actual babymaking.

I strongly suggest you look at Planned Parenthood's website for the myriad of options they offer beyond abortion.

Detroit is in shambles for multiple reasons, and there's more than enough blame to go around. There's more cars being made in the US than at any point in our history. It's just that most of them are made in manufacturer friendly States instead of those that have supported worker's rights historically.

The issues with Russia stem from their invasion of two sovereign countries and the subsequent annexation of their lands following the last Winter Olympics. Yes relations with the former Superpower are important. However standing against tyranny is a bit high on the scale too.

So are you saying it was Obama that started the Iraq war, which is what has lead us to the absolute ****e show that we have now?
No, I did not like Bush at all and I was firmly against the Iraq war, so don't make assumptions. Go look it up and legitimate websites such as the Washington Post and they will tell you that the myth that Planned Parenthood does not offer mammograms and has long been debunked. The director of Planned Parenthood says it herself.

The Ukraine conflict has calmed down and it's time to move on. And we need to stand by the constitution.

I'm saying Obama didn't improve the country.

Old 02-02-2017, 10:57 AM

4,828 posts, read 7,454,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Well, in a few days/weeks/months (however long it takes for trump to... well, you know), we may be able to say neener-neener to those trumpissts. In the interim, I think yanking their chains, and watching them go all whiney about how mean those big, bad libs are... priceless!
So how did that big Berkeley neener-neener chain yanking turn out for you?

Way to go!

The "Revolution of Love" is in full swing I guess.

You guys just went from pitiful and amusing to absolutely appalling.

Priceless!

Last edited by pdxMIKEpdx; 02-02-2017 at 11:18 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies