Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 11:56 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I think he has done a good job so far.
Once again we`re feared and reviled by the rest of the world and it only took him a week. If that`s what you want...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2017, 12:01 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
I am ecstatic, he has done exactly what I wanted him to do. I would love to see an honest poll of trump voters to see his approval ratings among his supporters, I bet they are through the roof !

All these polls and unhappiness and protests are coming from the losers of the election?
He was inaugurated 10 days ago. Think about that. I try really hard (I really do) to try and research and understand opposing viewpoints. I try really hard to not live in an echo chamber of conservative thought. But what has been happening in this country recently is disgusting. Yes, Republicans were obstructionist to the Obama agenda. Yes, there was a lot of whining and hand wringing among conservatives. But the pure hatred, violence, disgusting commentary vomiting from the mouths of liberals from the media to Hollywood celebrities to social justice groups to rank and file citizens right now is............I can't think of descriptive (at least not a clean one) to aptly describe the dark, toxic insanity that has taken hold over liberals.

Disagree with Trump and conservatives. Protest against what you disagree with. Write your congress-person. Go to town hall meetings. Get involved in politics at the local, state or national level. But take a step back from what is happening in this country, what people are saying, what violence is being perpetrated, what hatred is being spewed, and check yourselves. I implore people to ratchet down the hatred.

Old 01-30-2017, 12:02 PM

9,724 posts, read 14,264,687 times
I'm 100% behind President Trump. I'm happy with all of his cabinet picks, and I'm thrilled that he's closing the borders to protect us.

Meanwhile, the crying feminists in the USA who want more women's rights, are demonstrating at airports against the extreme vetting of could-be killers from other countries. In their countries, women are being treated like dirt, stoned, and tortured. Haven't they thought this over?

Old 01-30-2017, 12:04 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,440,815 times
MOAR Trump!

4,514 posts, read 2,523,760 times
I voted for him, and am happy with him.

4,040 posts, read 2,557,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Using common sense, those who go quiet would not be commenting on the thread. That is what going quiet means.

Using common sense is always a good idea.
Except in this very thread are self identified Trump voters who voiced concern over one thing or another or to use your asinine terminology "Spoke against the leader". You might have saw some of them if you had actually read the thread.

Reading a thread before posting as though you know what you are talking about is always a good idea as well...

189 posts, read 110,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
I'm 100% behind President Trump. I'm happy with all of his cabinet picks, and I'm thrilled that he's closing the borders to protect us.

Meanwhile, the crying feminists in the USA who want more women's rights, are demonstrating at airports against the extreme vetting of could-be killers from other countries. In their countries, women are being treated like dirt, stoned, and tortured. Haven't they thought this over?
Yes, I think they have. I believe the idea is to let those women who have been treated like dirt, stoned, and tortured, along with their children who have been living in refugee camps, to be able to come to the United States and start over. Not keep them out.

Old 01-30-2017, 12:06 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,552,339 times
You will almost never hear a Trump supporter criticize him. After all, remember that this is the man who said he could shoot someone dead in the street and his supporters would still elect him. He was right. It's a cult. He can do or say anything, and because they have gotten to the point where their sense of self has been entirely hijacked by his rhetoric (and that of his underwriters: FOX, Breitbart, etc.), a criticism of Trump is a criticism of their very self.

Old 01-30-2017, 12:07 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
I am ecstatic, he has done exactly what I wanted him to do. I would love to see an honest poll of trump voters to see his approval ratings among his supporters, I bet they are through the roof !

All these polls and unhappiness and protests are coming from the losers of the election?
many a study have proven that people are very reluctant to admit they made an error .

Instead they tend to build a narrative where their choices were correct but...

they lacked complete information , thus it is not their "fault".

they were betrayed / failed by others / misinformed etc..

they made the right choice but circumstances have changed.

After a while they build a narrative in their heads that allows them to explain away the error , once they can explain it they can move on and shift position.

I fully expect millions fo trumpers to declare steve bannon the devil and that he captured "poor Donald" who would have been great otherwise.

trump is not a good man.

Old 01-30-2017, 12:09 PM

189 posts, read 110,756 times
Most of my grandmother's family was murdered by the Nazis. My mother taught me that it was very important not to take anything your government tells you at face value - question everything or it will happen again to someone else. Good advice but not something Trump voters seem to understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies