Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 11:39 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yeah, I'm talking many years ago, and I didn't say that Sean Penn was a conservative...

I find it amazing how you can read something and put your own words or comprehension to it.

Sean Penn, many years ago became very vocal on subjects and was indeed blackballed for a long time.
you linked the two actors in a general gripe about liberal Hollywood's black listing of conservatives and didn't make the distinction it goes both ways. I am not up on sean's black listing. I never heard of that one.

edited to add I just googled, it was sean penn's dad that was black listed not sean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2017, 11:41 AM

8,480 posts, read 6,878,349 times
Out of a national population of over 300 million why is anyone obsessed with a handful of Hollywood celebrities who are liberal. Much ado about nothing.

10,839 posts, read 14,716,100 times
Hollywood is basically shallow, hypocritical and stupid. I don't know they are pretending to care about politics nowadays. Aren't they busy with divorcing, getting married and remarried and starting affairs? Oh whose fake boobs look more natural?

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
Rich Little: 'Back in the 70s everyone (in Hollywood) was Republican' | Fox News

Interesting article I read a few weeks ago. My how the pendulum swings.
thank you yes, isn't it, but to, those were conservative years...our parents taught us differently...
if they said no, we didn't ask why, we just did it

today some parents fear saying no to their kids...and that is the difference...kids are not used to loosing.

Everybody wins...is wrong....

Old 01-30-2017, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Out of a national population of over 300 million why is anyone obsessed with a handful of Hollywood celebrities who are liberal. Much ado about nothing.
here we go again....power words....whose obsessed?

Just thought this would make a great topic...it's interesting to me, to look at then and now, and trends, and the whys of them, you don't like it, you don't have to participate.

Old 01-30-2017, 11:44 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,174,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
thank you yes, isn't it, but to, those were conservative years...our parents taught us differently...
if they said no, we didn't ask why, we just did it

today some parents fear saying no to their kids...and that is the difference...kids are not used to loosing.

Everybody wins...is wrong....
So you admit to not questioning things and just falling in lock-step.

And what is loosing?

Old 01-30-2017, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
you linked the two actors in a general gripe about liberal Hollywood's black listing of conservatives and didn't make the distinction it goes both ways. I am not up on sean's black listing. I never heard of that one.

edited to add I just googled, it was sean penn's dad that was black listed not sean.
no, actually Sean was rejected by Hollywood for a long time, believe me, your not nearly as old as me....I googled it to and nothing was said about it, but I certainly remember it.

I mean they didn't walk around saying, YOUR BLACKBALLED, they just did it.

Old 01-30-2017, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post

no, actually Sean was rejected by Hollywood for a long time, believe me, your not nearly as old as me....I googled it to and nothing was said about it, but I certainly remember it.

I mean they didn't walk around saying, YOUR BLACKBALLED, they just did it. and it made me very angry, b/c like it or not, he was always a very powerful actor...

and BTW, it's not a general grip, it's open for discussion...

Old 01-30-2017, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Hollywood is basically shallow, hypocritical and stupid. I don't know they are pretending to care about politics nowadays. Aren't they busy with divorcing, getting married and remarried and starting affairs? Oh whose fake boobs look more natural?
No, not all, but yes, the majority of them are, b/c they are not used to a normal world, they have been pampered and are out of touch and are so used to their money buying them everything. Some of them are very decent human beings regardless of their political affiliation.

Old 01-30-2017, 11:50 AM

33,548 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Of course it's liberal. And the south is conservative. Congratulations.

That doesn't mean conservative actors are run out of town. There are plenty of them.
They are becoming so far left loonie they are now Hollyweird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies