Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 05:07 AM

43,663 posts, read 44,393,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
It's amazing the things Trump is doing in such a short period of time.

Even if you don't like him, you have to give him credit for taking the initiative even if he knows his decisions won't be popular. Some presidents in past have been content to play it safe and play both sides during their first four years, in order to protect their chances of winning reelection.

Not Trump, he don't give a toss. He truly believes in his vision and isn't backing down. It may actually help him 4 years from now.

Trump signs executive order to slash regulations
He certainly is pleasing his supporters and upsetting his opposition!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2017, 05:09 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Donald Trump is a republican and he is working with republicans in Washington. Washington republicans desire to reduce regulations in order to help business and increase corporate profits. These republicans want to abolish the EPA, the DOE, the DOT, the FAA, the FDA, repeal the Occupational Safety and Health Act, and abolish the Consumer Product Safety Commission.

The above government agencies were designed to keep our air and water clean, keep our airplane flights safe, keep our food safe, keep our medicines safe, keep us safe at work, and make sure the products we buy are safe.

https://www.sanders.senate.gov/koch-brothers

I concede that our government regulatory agencies are too big, inefficient, and have too many regulations that are simply stupid. But republicans do not want to modernize, streamline, and improve these agencies that keep us safe, instead they want to abolish or weaken them in the name of increased business profits.

For example Donald Trump's plan for the EPA is to simply cut its staff by 2/3. But the EPA does things like keep lead out of our children's body's by doing things like regulating the amount of lead that can be in drinking water, and the EPA does things like ban chemicals in consumer products that cause cancer, and it keeps our rivers and streams clean and chemical free.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.87fe4f343a7f

Do you believe that businesses can be trusted to monitor themselves in regards to not putting hazardous chemicals into consumer products and our environment?

And if cutting regulations will lower our electric bills and costs for consumer products, how much will it lower our bills and product costs?

And is a lower electric bill and cheaper goods worth having our children get cancer?

Wow.. you are so full of it.

Another Eco Warrior who hasn't a clue and demands that we all impoverish ourselves to attend to the manipulated statistics of environmental activist agencies.

Old 02-01-2017, 05:16 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
He certainly is pleasing his supporters and upsetting his opposition!
He is doing exactly what he claimed he would. I was one of those people who was worried he would be yet another waste of air politician who promised action, but would be business as usual.

I was worried his tactless behavior would end up turning the WH into a TV show that would spend all its time mouthing off and getting little done.

I have been proven wrong, a mistake that I am more than happy to admit as he has done more to serve his promises in his little time than most presidents. Progressives are going nuts because everything he is doing is what has been needed for decades and it directly flies in the face of their progressive goals. At first I was worried about his style of behavior, but I have come to be thankful for it as he says what many of us are thinking and he isn't afraid to call out the frauds openly and directly. For that I am thankful of him.

Old 02-01-2017, 05:34 AM

203 posts, read 246,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Wow.. you are so full of it.

Another Eco Warrior who hasn't a clue and demands that we all impoverish ourselves to attend to the manipulated statistics of environmental activist agencies.
Come On NxtGen. Do the hard work and take him or her on. Prove your point beyond rhetoric. Meet the intellectual challenge and show how he's so full of it. Produce something to read at least or is push for time a link. Sigh.

What regulations got in the way of Industry in your state or county? Prove WHY the EO regulation signed help local businesses or something. I was excited until I saw you produced nothing and yes some people are not equipped to approach dialogue this way... and so contribute as sound-bite pieces but you seem capable of true dialogue?

Many on board want to go further but don't know how to begin the search. Teach please.

Last edited by Something Needs To Change; 02-01-2017 at 06:24 AM.. Reason: suggesting maybe a link if under time constraints

Old 02-01-2017, 06:21 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,433,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinette118 View Post
Bravo President Trump!

Keep putting Americans First!

Reduce regulations, bring our jobs back and create new ones in the USA!
Sure. Just think of all the new jobs that will be created in cleaning up new Superfund sites.

Old 02-01-2017, 06:28 AM

3,841 posts, read 3,066,874 times
Liberals love regulations. They love to be controlled by federal agencies full of government union employees that spend their days dreaming up new ways to control free enterprise and citizens.

Old 02-01-2017, 06:33 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,059,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
This. I'm still waiting to completely judge DJT but all of his executive orders thus far have either just been telling someone else to "figure it out", or extremely vague and take sledge hammers to nails.

In this instance every agency is supposed to take away two regulations...well...what is there are not two regulations to cut? What if those regulations are there for good reason?

There's no real analysis or thought done, it's just a blanket requirement. His immigration EO was the same.
Kind of my feeling also. I believe there are too many regulations but the idea of having to find two to get rid of in order to get a new maybe important one instituted is pretty arbitrary.
I have seen regulations cause what I felt were unnecessary burdens on small businesses although they were not federal.

Old 02-01-2017, 06:34 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
so basically another overly broad decree that accomplishes little and will ultimately cause more confusion in the long run due to its hasty and overly ambiguous nature....
Better than the current system, that accomplishes little and causes confusion AND costs businesses billions.

Old 02-01-2017, 06:37 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
Real simple
Status quo or NOT!
real simple

Old 02-01-2017, 06:43 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,119,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
So just meaningless bluster and nonsense with no specifics.

Come on, Trumpsters. Tell us which regulations this executive order eliminates that are annoying you so much. List at least 20 regulations. Be specific.
Any regulation eliminated that causes leftist, government idolizers like you to squeal like a pig.
Since you don't own a business, you wouldn't know an unnecessary regulation if it hit you at the apex of your groin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies