Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 05:33 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,299,871 times

Advertisements

It's true, I'm freaking tired of hearing all of my liberal friends justify obstruction of Trump's agenda by citing that Obama suffered it for 8 years. It wasn't right when the GOP blocked his agenda, and the left (rightfully) complained about it. They said "don't obstruct, give us solutions".

So my point to everyone on the left who feels justified in blocking Trump's agenda because it was done to you for 8 years: Bull-shoot!!! The reason you should be blocking it is because it's WRONG. It's Anti-American, and it's dangerous. Quit justifying it with the argument that 'two wrongs make it right'. It's not true, and it's not justification. Attack this BS head-on, with facts. There are plenty of them, so if you are too lazy to look them up, and speak with intelligence, then please don't denegrate ourselves to setting the same low-life standard that has been used against us.

PLEASE!~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2017, 05:41 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
It wasn't right when the GOP blocked his agenda, and the left (rightfully) complained about it.
Really? That's the first I've heard of that view.

I seem to recall right-leaning voters very enthusiastically supporting the GOP's intransigence during the Obama administration.

Old 01-31-2017, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Really? That's the first I've heard of that view.

I seem to recall right-leaning voters very enthusiastically supporting the GOP's intransigence during the Obama administration.
I think we agree here. The right enthusiastically supported it. The left (correctly) complained that it was obstructionist, and not working toward a solution. I'm saying that in this case, we should not justify doing the same "because they did it". We should justify it because we love America, and all it stands for, and we don't want to see Trump destroy it.

I'm 100% in support of the backlash since 1/20/17. Just want to make sure we're doing it for the right reasons.

Old 01-31-2017, 05:57 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
I hope the just desserts taste mighty fine for you folks. Eat up!

Old 01-31-2017, 06:05 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I hope the just desserts taste mighty fine for you folks. Eat up!

They will probably taste like those tough steaks Trump sells. Wonder if the cows he uses come from Russia ?

Old 01-31-2017, 07:35 AM

937 posts, read 927,223 times
Quote:
It's true, I'm freaking tired of hearing all of my liberal friends justify obstruction of Trump's agenda by citing that Obama suffered it for 8 years.
Cutting you off right here because there's a strong amount of trolling in your post.

Why do you and your kind seek to overflow the politics board with nonsensical dribble?
None of this board's Trumpette actually says anything rational, usable or agreeable.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:00 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times
I honestly don't agree with blocking Trump's "agenda." However, I wish Trump would use Congress with his agenda, same as Obama initially tried to do in 2009.

I think that if Trump had put "the wall" before Congress and let them debate it and create legislation, then there would not have been much of an outcry from the left - there would have been some, but to do this via an EO was not necessary IMO and stirred people's emotional response. Same thing for this recent EO on immigration and the travel ban. I feel he should have pushed this stuff to Congress. He has a majority in power and will easily get through his agenda if he follows the right procedures. This is why Obama in 2009 immediately sent issues to Congress of importance, to ensure a debate and hopefully a compromise.

Trump, instead seeking to push everything through himself, without notifying the public via the press and by demonizing the press, and then by not even listening to his party adherents in Congress is what is pushing liberals over the edge.

Obama didn't come into office and immediately issue an EO to give everyone Obamacare for instance. It was a debate even though the GOP were a minority at the time. I think many on the left were hopeful that Trump would not continue his campaign rhetoric and would become "more Presidential" even though they didn't like him and would never like him - similar to GW Bush. I think they also felt he would be more inclusive and reach out to more established, experienced GOP members as well and take their advice seriously. Trump's own actions are very different from what Obama went through. Liberals main complaints about Obama and even some of my own, and I'm not a liberal, was that he tried to work "too much" with the GOP and Tea Party. Trump is not trying to include the Dems at all and so the liberals are going into their protest mode. I don't foresee it diminishing any time soon.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARaider08 View Post
Cutting you off right here because there's a strong amount of trolling in your post.

Why do you and your kind seek to overflow the politics board with nonsensical dribble?
None of this board's Trumpette actually says anything rational, usable or agreeable.
I'm definitely trolling. But the point I'm making is "quit acting like we have to justify stopping him". What he's doing is wrong, it's not rational, usable or agreeable, so quit with the comparisons.

Have a back-bone, call it for what it is, and STAND UP TO IT. That is all.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:11 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,301,515 times
As said above, if he wanted to pass this things through the proper channels, where we all see the pros and cons and maybe even have some kind of give and take it would be much better received. Instead he's basically pulling a Kim Jong Un.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:13 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Quote:
It's true, I'm freaking tired of hearing all of my liberal friends justify obstruction of Trump's agenda by citing that Obama suffered it for 8 years. It wasn't right when the GOP blocked his agenda, and the left (rightfully) complained about it. They said "don't obstruct, give us solutions".

So my point to everyone on the left who feels justified in blocking Trump's agenda because it was done to you for 8 years: Bull-shoot!!! The reason you should be blocking it is because it's WRONG. It's Anti-American, and it's dangerous. Quit justifying it with the argument that 'two wrongs make it right'. It's not true, and it's not justification. Attack this BS head-on, with facts. There are plenty of them, so if you are too lazy to look them up, and speak with intelligence, then please don't denegrate ourselves to setting the same low-life standard that has been used against us.

PLEASE!~
Dems are blocking tRump because he's wrong.

Bigly wrong.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies