Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 07:18 AM

50,265 posts, read 47,023,439 times

Advertisements

I'll help haul their crap to the border.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2017, 07:19 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
SO would Abe Lincoln.............
So TRUE!!!

Old 01-31-2017, 07:27 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,107,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
To move?

Sorry, Canada has very high standard when it comes to accepting immigrants. There is no way a regular American citizen can automatically qualify.
Can't people just enter Canada as illegal aliens like they do here? I mean, most of the whiners don't believe laws mean anything, so surely they wouldn't be troubled by breaking laws themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
When I hear that some country that Trump has pissed off has launched some missiles our way, I am moving !
I hope you are capable of moving very quickly in that case!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Is there a gofundme site set up yet to help liberals move out???
I'll be the first to contribute...
I'll contribute, but only if they sign an agreement to never, ever return to the USA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed.

Canada's good enough but, Mexico ain't good enough yet many of the SAME people who wanna leave the US want amnesty for the mostly Hispanic illegal aliens.
You have to understand that those that exploit the illegal aliens as underpaid staff, their restaurant help, lawn care, nannies, housekeepers, etc. don't want to live with those people, just use them and have them take the bus back out of town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I'll help haul their crap to the border.
I have extra moving boxes. Please sanitize whatever you haul their crap to the border with, we have both a head lice and bedbug problem here due to the influx of illegal aliens, also some pet related illnesses.

Let's just send the illegal aliens with the discontented citizens to Canada, since most of the citizens will need the domestic help when they arrive and surely won't be able to afford to hire a Canadian at a cheap rate of pay.

Old 01-31-2017, 07:30 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,658,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVguy View Post
When Trump was nominated for GOP google search for "how to move to Canada" went through the roof, the same when he got elected. Wonder about the moving stats after those two dates but what will be the last straw for you to move out of country?

When he puts his own pic on the $100 dollar bill.

Old 01-31-2017, 07:37 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVguy View Post
When Trump was nominated for GOP google search for "how to move to Canada" went through the roof, the same when he got elected. Wonder about the moving stats after those two dates but what will be the last straw for you to move out of country?
I might consider for other reasons but politics? I pretty much see whatever happens as a case of 'This too shall pass', as in I survived LBJ and Nixon, I'll survive the man making America guffaw again.

Old 01-31-2017, 07:40 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,972,072 times
After doing some reading, I don't know of any country I would want to move to.
In most countries neither I nor my wife could practice our professions without further training, and neither of us wants to back to school at this late date.
Canada and Mexico have very stringent laws regarding who is welcome to come live there.
Gun ownership is severely restricted in many countries.
There are many other laws in other countries that I would have difficulty living with.
So, I think, all things considered, we will just stay right where we are. We managed to live through 8 years of obama, we can manage to live through a few years of trump.

Old 01-31-2017, 07:52 AM

590 posts, read 554,920 times
If California secedes I'm sure they'll move there.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:28 AM

33,535 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Some may not have to move..... Should California, Oregon and Washington join Canada? #Calexit talk envelops West Coast | The Seattle Times

Old 01-31-2017, 08:29 AM

12,956 posts, read 13,671,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
You realize the left's hero Georgie Soros tried betting on that same thing and lost 1 BILLION dollars in the process right?
Poor guy, has only 23 billion left to his name.
Trump will have to run stocks up and then allow his buddies to pull out at the last minute. That's just how it has always worked. They did it with saving and loans, energy and housing loans. I can't wait to see what they convince people to do with their money instead of keeping it as money.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:31 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,177,358 times
My husband's job. If he loses it or chooses to leave, we're gone. I have no particular attachment to my job.

Partly because I don't like what Trump and Conservatives are doing to our country but mostly because I want to travel the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies