Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2017, 11:51 AM

90 posts, read 55,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
That is one cool story! I just have to know, though, if you and those with you were wearing those stylish pink vagina hats that seem to be in vogue. If not, how would anyone know the other issues?
Thank you. I appreciate your understanding. I'm very sorry you felt the need to have to go out of your way to offend me more. I surrender, hateful people. I really do. You added and did your job today.

I can't do this anymore. I just can't. No more Trump, hate, what is going on. Nothing I say here will make a difference for anyone.

I just wanted to give you one more reason to feel good today for going out of your way to affect another person's life. I can't give you a reply that will make you feel more satisfied for your time. I can't come up with the really horrible ways so many people here can; I honestly am not clever enough for that.

The real issues have been listed previously and objectively posted earlier.

I wonder if this country will ever be a place to be proud of again.

Last edited by nyfamilyfarm; 02-02-2017 at 12:02 PM..

Old 02-02-2017, 02:13 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,366,999 times
Quote:
That is one cool story! I just have to know, though, if you and those with you were wearing those stylish pink vagina hats that seem to be in vogue. If not, how would anyone know the other issues?
You are unbelievably lacking in compassion.

Old 02-02-2017, 02:48 PM

22,448 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Where was the concern for them coming home in body bags thanks to Obama's wars? Where was the concern for the murders in Chicago? Where was the concern for the police officers executed simply for the fact that they were cops?

Spare me the faux outrage.
^^^^Well put! Thank you for posting this as it is spot on. I ran out of rep or I would have repped you.

Don't you know? It was okay when Obama did it because they worshipped him. So, in their minds, everything he did was wonderful.

They are hypocrites.

Now, I'm sure they'll come back with something like Trump supporters would never call him out for anything. If he did something unacceptable, I would certainly say so.

Old 02-02-2017, 02:52 PM

19,798 posts, read 9,336,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
There are stupid people on both sides of the spectrum. I hope the people closer to the middle are the ones whose voices ultimately drown out the chaotic mess.

And, yes... I include Trump and his cabinet in the "chaotic mess."
As a fellow moderate (I am thinking you are one, too), I doubt very much if the moderates will ever prevail again.

Reasonable debate and arguments are not emotional, so they do not stir passions, they do not generate protests, and they do not garner headlines -- and, thus, those who would argue for moderation do not get publicity and so they are not heard by many. We are drowned out by the noise of extremists and angry crowds.

I try to reassure myself by thinking of the calm that came after the Civil War -- but the Civil War resulted in over 600,000 deaths and hundreds of thousands more wounded, and I just wonder how many deaths will result in the "war" between the extremists on both ends of the political spectrum before 2021.

I wonder -- how will this all end?

Old 02-02-2017, 02:57 PM

22,448 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fl_trekkies View Post
Thank you. I appreciate your understanding. I'm very sorry you felt the need to have to go out of your way to offend me more. I surrender, hateful people. I really do. You added and did your job today.

I can't do this anymore. I just can't. No more Trump, hate, what is going on. Nothing I say here will make a difference for anyone.

I just wanted to give you one more reason to feel good today for going out of your way to affect another person's life. I can't give you a reply that will make you feel more satisfied for your time. I can't come up with the really horrible ways so many people here can; I honestly am not clever enough for that.

Did this story make the news?

I live south of the Mason-Dixon Line and we have lots of Muslim immigrants in my area. I see them quite often when I'm out and about. Never once did I see any who got attacked by anyone.

Not saying your story isn't true---but---lately, there have been Muslims who reported fake crimes claiming that they were attacked, which have, in the end, proven to be fake. For example, the Muslim teen in NYC who claimed to be riding the subway in NYC when 3 males attacked her. Recently, there was the Muslim who claimed his sick grandmother died in Iraq because of Trump's temporary ban. His own imam spoke up and said that it never happened.

I've ridden the NYC subway many times and despite there being some sketchy people on the trains sometimes, I never once saw anybody bother a Muslim person.

Your story leads me to believe that what happened to your mechanic was an anomaly. There are crazy and unhinged people every where. These recent demonstrations, riots and temper tantrums by sore loser liberals show that those on both sides of the aisle are capable of causing trouble.

Old 02-02-2017, 03:13 PM

14,760 posts, read 8,093,254 times
Quote:
Yesterday I was out shopping with my son again and had a pretty normal day. Normal in our world anyhow; we watched a man whom is our mechanic and a us born citizen with Arabic descendants be the sudden recipients of a truck full of men jump out, throw a bottle through his front window and yell that Trump would take his green card and send his f*****in family back to his country. I watched this man, whom has been a friend and person whom helps many people in the community, try to keep these men out of his face and yelling obscenities while advancing in a group on him, stand after the men had been held back with watery, helpless eyes filled with anger and sorrow wondering what he can do to protect his family.

My family was then the targets of a completely different truck with large tires (I don't know the term) being aggressively followed after my son went into a local gas station until we, with the normal fear we live in now, pulled into a walmart parking lot. These men got out quickly and with anger to descend on us. We told our kids (yes there is not just my son but also our 15 year old daughter) to stay in the car while we had the same treatment at us as our friend at the gas station.

When I came home and relaxed a bit, I read another post of yours in the same tone you are so vulgarly referring to another human being. I went into our room and cried so hard and so long that I felt physically ill. My son came in and hugged me, and looked at me with his beautiful, amazing eyes filled with tears of anger yet again saying he was sorry for what he did to our family and how he hated who he was.

At that point, I felt a surge of love so unbelievably powerful for this one human being that happened to my child, that I almost lost my breath. This feeling was very quickly replaced by one of hard fury and complete hate that I have never known before. Hate for you faceless people whom can hurt others and spur violence with your cruelty, your thoughtless words and ruthless righteousness about things you have never personally lived through and will never experience. Hate for a man whom in such power who gave some kind of permission to destroy the lives of people and incite such utter contempt for those who he doesn't even know.

I wish to God, with all my heart, people whom write these kind of words about transgender individuals would have to live ONE DAY trying to protect your family (ENTIRE family, innocent children for God's sake!) and watch your child suffer the way I watch mine. I wish you could know that.

You have an opinion? Let me ask you something because I'm completely stumped. Why can't you just state your opinion if you have to hurt someone so much anyhow by making them feel they shouldn't be alive. Why do you have to use words you know are ones motivated specifically to incite violence in anger in other like-minded people whom harbor hate and maybe even worse. Such filth and vulgerity that aren't even used for criminals. Would you trow around the N word as well? Why not? It's where we're going; it is from the same motivation, incites the same kind of violence stemming from hate.

Did I make you laugh? Did I make you happier now today for knowing that what you so carelessly in your own little comfortable bubble made a middle-aged woman cry along with so many others speaking the same way to my children and to me as a mother (not a liberal, not an activist, a parent). Don't feel good or special about that- you arent' the first and you haven't even done the best job.

I find it amazing that comments aimed at people can be too terrible to be said but that referring to a human being with feelings whom never hurt anyone and only wants to be left alone, can do that with the full approval and backing of other monsters I never thought could have existed in this world. We are human beings; my son is a person I am proud of, a young person whom has spent years from the time he was young fighting himself and I didn't understand, didn't see the clues. Until later. I'm not a scientist, a Christian or anyone advocating anything. Do you really think he wants this? Do you even know? If you care so much to hurt another person whom you have no knowledge of at all and never had to see suffer the way my family has or many other families just like ours, why wouldn't you first have some experience to be certain of what you say and what the result can be? Are you so completely devoid of compassion that you would do this to someone (a child, a family member, a person) deliberately? My son is not 'walking genitalia' but an actual person just trying to live a life in peace and happiness. To even have to point out how vulgar and hurtful this has been for transgender people (personally my son [and teen age daughter] every time someone speaks this way) is beyond anything I ever thought in how cruel any one person can be.

I hold you and anyone whom thinks and speaks like you about transgender people (children, families, loved ones) responsible for the violence here in this world. You and this man that made our already difficult lives pure terror and a nightmare you couldn't imagine. My husband is now afraid- for the first time. I am scared to death for my family as there is now nowhere else we can go for the hate brought on by those whom speak as you do. I never asked anyone to believe something different and neither did anyone else. We simply want to be left alone. We've been oppressed anyhow; get real. Do you honestly think the Obama administration made lived of transgenders totally great because he at least gave them a means to fall back on if they were being hurt before killed? What world do you live in? We've had 6 years of hate thrown at us from bible quotes to name-calling to having to home school and hide. The only thing that's changed now is my son's life is at risk and my children now have to have words like the ones you wrote thrown in their faces (14, 15 yr old children!). I wonder what you would do in my position?
I am so sorry that you and your family had to go through that. That is horrible.
Hugs and Prayers for you and your family.
Some of the responses on here are just ridiculous - ignore them, they aren't worth the time it took to read them. Only someone totally evil and heartless would reply in such a way.

Old 02-02-2017, 03:55 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,011,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
The entire fabric of America appears to be unravelling with each passing day,as the chaotic reign of Trump rampages through our collective sensibilities like an unloved,dreaded season.

Is anyone else feeling the tragic,dystopian regression of the United States,as Trumps repugnant reign gains unholy ground?

I think we may be headed for a revolution!! (You can hear the clicks of the roller coaster car as it slowly makes it way to the top of the peak....)

I havent ever seen this amount of seperation amoung ppl,its like they are all being controlled!! (The trump puppets) and nothing he does thats BAD will register with them as being bad.. (Like his RUDE nature towards others)
Stop listening to the liberal media.

Old 02-02-2017, 04:24 PM

90 posts, read 55,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Did this story make the news?

I live south of the Mason-Dixon Line and we have lots of Muslim immigrants in my area. I see them quite often when I'm out and about. Never once did I see any who got attacked by anyone.

Not saying your story isn't true---but---lately, there have been Muslims who reported fake crimes claiming that they were attacked, which have, in the end, proven to be fake. For example, the Muslim teen in NYC who claimed to be riding the subway in NYC when 3 males attacked her. Recently, there was the Muslim who claimed his sick grandmother died in Iraq because of Trump's temporary ban. His own imam spoke up and said that it never happened.

I've ridden the NYC subway many times and despite there being some sketchy people on the trains sometimes, I never once saw anybody bother a Muslim person.

Your story leads me to believe that what happened to your mechanic was an anomaly. There are crazy and unhinged people every where. These recent demonstrations, riots and temper tantrums by sore loser liberals show that those on both sides of the aisle are capable of causing trouble.
We are trying to move; it's why I found city-data. This area (I really don't want to write the town) is between Orlando and Ocala and kind of gets drowned out. My husband and I deliver overnight for both papers and there is a lot going on right now. Orlando has had a spike in crimes this year (I write this in corrolation only to the fact that times are changing; and it has been happening for some time now) with a police woman and a deputy both shot recently and a lot more murders in the city that they are trying to tamp down.

There is a lot of anger here and it's been here since we moved. It's just the area, it's sort of wild. We've seen a lot of different things overnight and stumbled over at least 2 dead bodies that were living on the streets, some homeless and are just run over, etc. We had a woman as a customer whom was murdered recently in her home (84 years old) and it was part of a very large, elaborate scam that involved months of preparation. Three weeks ago a man grove into a local small gas station window with a stolen vehicle, ran into the water, was tackled by police and eventually shot. There is still a board as the front window here and you see this a lot. I have never seen these things make the news except a small article in the local one about the woman murdered and the rest was headlines with larger issues.

There is a lot of angry driving here and yelling like this as well as obscenities is pretty much a common occurrence but lately there have definately been more moments where there are specific targets.

The local man is not Muslim. He wasn't harmed and it was very quick. The men both jumped out of the vehicle going at him. One of the men threw a beer bottle and cracked the window of the store shop while two other mechanics grabbed the men as quick as they first saw the vehicle approach and the men run out. This incident could actually have been something that happens pretty much at random here and the local police are used to it. What separated the incident was that they were yelling specific hate toward his immigration status (they assumed I suppose) and I think that's what really shook up our friend. I didn't even see the truck come in until I heard the screech of the brakes as it came fast right up to the door of the shop and stopped quick. When I looked further, the men had already thrown the bottle. I didn't stay for the police to arrive as there were other witnesses and frankly, I honestly don't think it was made a big deal of. This is not isolated in the actions for certain here. Nothing else occurred after as the men were grabbed quickly before they could actually harm him. He was just shaken with the force of it and speed, I think we all were.

I don't know about anywhere else but I do know that it's been volatile in this area for some years. I can honestly say though it hasn't hit near the levels it's been lately and there are a lot more people yelling obscenities targeting minorities at work and in groups now more then ever before. This is a southern area small town however and it is definitely indicative of the area here.

Old 02-02-2017, 04:39 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,557,207 times
Quote:
What an ugly response to a sad story. This is a perfect example of the ugliness Trump has spawned.

Old 02-02-2017, 04:42 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,557,207 times
Quote:

I agree...it will make no difference to those Trump supporters who are so sure his way is the right way, that the ugliness and hatred is deserved...I am reminded of the saying "do not cast your pearls before swine" and think that's right...will no longer waste my energy trying to reason with unreasonable people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies