Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 11:46 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,667,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
The entire fabric of America appears to be unravelling with each passing day,as the chaotic reign of Trump rampages through our collective sensibilities like an unloved,dreaded season.

Is anyone else feeling the tragic,dystopian regression of the United States,as Trumps repugnant reign gains unholy ground?

I think we may be headed for a revolution!! (You can hear the clicks of the roller coaster car as it slowly makes it way to the top of the peak....)

I havent ever seen this amount of seperation amoung ppl,its like they are all being controlled!! (The trump puppets) and nothing he does thats BAD will register with them as being bad.. (Like his RUDE nature towards others)

This is the same thing that both sides say after an election that doesn't go their way.

Typically though, it's a lot of complaining and disdain for a while that quietly fades away. What concerns me this go around is how physical some people are becoming and how much they are acting out because of it.

It doesn't matter to me if you sit on the left or the right side of the aisle. Both sides have had to endure presidencies where they were in the minority.

I am cautiously optimistic about this Presidency despite all of the negativity surrounding it. It seems so far that we may have someone in office who does have the American people's interests in mind. I know this comment will probably cause backlash because there are pockets of people who have other motives that he doesn't support, however as a majority we could actually be in better shape.

I don't get people stomping up and down and talking about how terrible he is going to be in the future. We have no way to know that yet. When you are so quick to judge a new President who really hasn't performed any actions yet, you have a personal agenda that doesn't try to look at the well being of the country as a whole. If at some point it looks like Trump's actions are not really supporting the country then THAT is the time to protest, and you would likely find people from both side of the spectrum protesting.

As people said when Obama was elected, give him time and then make a judgment.

Now to your statements...... you are one of the people I am referencing when you say that people who support Trump are puppets. Has it ever occurred to you that maybe we would like to see a change? That doesn't mean we will always blindly follow or agree to what he says or does, but that we are trying to give him the opportunity to succeed or fail. Once he does either of those things, judgment can be cast. But not until then.

Old 01-31-2017, 11:47 AM

20,720 posts, read 19,363,240 times
The liberals can come up with hug rallies in their dense cities . Color me shocked. This was bound to happen.

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
The entire fabric of America appears to be unravelling with each passing day,as the chaotic reign of Trump rampages through our collective sensibilities like an unloved,dreaded season.

Is anyone else feeling the tragic,dystopian regression of the United States,as Trumps repugnant reign gains unholy ground?

I think we may be headed for a revolution!! (You can hear the clicks of the roller coaster car as it slowly makes it way to the top of the peak....)

I havent ever seen this amount of seperation amoung ppl,its like they are all being controlled!! (The trump puppets) and nothing he does thats BAD will register with them as being bad.. (Like his RUDE nature towards others)
This is exactly what Bannon wants. It is intentional as it provides cover while Bannon directs his little puppet, guts the agencies and weakens them.

Thing is, you don't gut the state department if you want it to function. It is clear Bannon want to literally BREAK the executive branch to ensure there is no department strong enough to stand up to them.

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
Yes sir. A christian comes out to exercise his right to speak and gets hit in the head with a metal object because a bunch of left wing scum dont agree with his choice for president and the scum even mocks him after he is injured. The left thrives on chaos and riots and so called "protests" because they cant win at the polling booth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwhMkwjsBFM
The guy was a Nazi, not a Christian, but of course he should not have been attacked- attacked by ONE other hot-headed, immature young man who also saw things in black and white terms.

You failed to note that numerous people immediately emerged from the crowd and came to the injured man's aid - one crouched protectively above him, others grabbed the attacker and held him, yet more called for police and called 911 and rendered first aid.

These people were protesting Trump's policies - but they were good people who did the right thing without thinking twice about themselves or the views of the victim or the attacker, just because it was what good people do. Kudos to them.

When a protestor was physically attacked at a Trump rally last summer, Trump egged on the attackers. Quite a difference.

I hate to see hateful incidents of this sort deliberately used to stir up still more hatred and division, especially through a very slanted and dishonest account of what actually occurred and what is clearly evident in the video.

Old 01-31-2017, 11:49 AM

90 posts, read 55,615 times
I would like to say it will get worse then get better. I would like to say there is no reason to panic and that he hasn't really done much to create antagonism. I would like very much to say that it's liberals and democrats whom are the violent ones but maybe you aren't in the part of the world I am in.

I've never been political. I am, to this day, not liberal, republican, democrat nor any other affiliation. I didn't start out seeking to elect one person or another until my family was affected. Since everyone in this country seems to have become self serving to their own particular personal interest; liberal, democrat, republican, I won't even add the much larger issue here of the foundation my history always taught me this country as one nation, under God, indivisible with liberty and justice for ALL was what made America great. However, from the beginning his speeches of negativity, antagonism, disrespect and targeted minority statements and address to only certain groups began a division that can't be denied and my family was one of those groups targeted from the first months these speeches were given.

Were Trump logical and open to the rights to all people, he could be purple with polka dots and from a family that I didn't believe in anything they said in private and I would give him a chance because there are some things that need to be addressed in this country. However, targeting policies set forth by other presidents that did help some groups, demeaning nationalities as a whole and doing nothing to try to unite people but instead using manipulative and secretive underhanded means to get what he, himself personally wanted is what began this chaos. His ego and lack of real standing on any one particular subject seems to end up 'pandering' and on a moody, non methodical basis. There are and have been facts that have been prematurely overlooked, not well researched and just thrown out in a very careless matter. I can live with this if it were my co worker but not the leader of millions of very impressionable people.

We live in the South (for now) and have been targeted in the name of this man since the first 6 months of the pre election year of outlandish and racist speeches from the get to. My son did gain rights as a transgender person from Obama's administration. Those rights were a sort of signal to the other citizens of this country that, despite the hate they may feel and intolerance, he still deserved to be treated with respect. In this area, that has always been a sort of tense line but it was a line not crossed. I won't go into detail but can assure you that our family has been through much, much more violence and aggression filled with obscene language and targeted; even at work and in large groups with more confidence from the day he became president. His own work has been affected and the ability to get a job here with the hateful term "he/she" thrown at him in response and only since Trump has been elected president. We have just learned that president Trump is now supporting the lgbtq community and his rights will remain but that really doesn't matter to the groups of hate-filled people that showed up with signs against transgender people whom blocked my son's testing the day after he was elected. I also don't trust him. He has been proven to be moody, to not listen to any rational person whom may be able to help the policies he wants put in place done correctly and it has not been done in any way with the thoughts of our country being put first.

Even after he was elected, I really, honestly wanted to believe that he was going to give a fresh view and give him a chance to maybe do things the right way to help ALL people and maybe work harder to bring people together. But I have a fairly objective mind and have honestly only seen him manipulate the dissension for his own purposes and for no real lasting good here. I also don't want to be one of those percentage of people whom has to sacrifice both of my children for the "tear down" process along with innocent people (even ONE innocent life) hurt physically or worse because of this unorganized mess.

Old 01-31-2017, 11:50 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Get real !
The escalating chaos is clearly coming from the democrats inciting civil unrest and disobedience and their corrupt media which is fear-mongering ad nauseum.....

Old 01-31-2017, 11:59 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
With each passing day, I only sense liberals going off the rails with more incoherent rants.
You guys have invented and mastered the craft of incoherent rants over the last 8 years.

Old 01-31-2017, 12:03 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Nah, credit where credit's due, they can't hold a candle to Lil' Donny Thin Skin's divisiveness and bigly sensationalizing.
Well he did win afterall

Old 01-31-2017, 12:04 PM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
When you remodel a house, it's always going to look horrible (gutting it) before you can make it better.

Have some patience, people.
Yes, it is quite the mess to clean up. Righting a ship gone so far astray is no easy or tidy task.

Old 01-31-2017, 12:04 PM

245 posts, read 132,677 times
As others have said its the Media mostly and I hesitate calling the protestors liberal or democrat because they actually are regressive and the media is trying to start an all out race war it seems, I actually had hope when Trump was elected but I honestly think the US is pretty much on it's last breath, 40+ years of a slow but intentional buildup of Marxism has lead to this and I honestly don't see a way we can ever get out of this, a good majority of Americans are just too far gone and actually want to wipe themselves out of existence which would be fine but they have to take the rest of us with them haha.

I've got family from Mexico and also a best friend from Venezuela and he said yesterday that it's sad that he escaped a 3rd world country to come to a first world country where a bunch of spoiled losers want to emulate the 3rd world and chase down and beat the Sh*t of the opposing party, I'd say I have to agree that we're pretty much a 3rd world hellhole now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies