Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 05:50 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Certain filibuster. Doubtful Trump can get it over ridden. So we see if the "nuclear option" is actually available. I think not...so this candidate cannot be confirmed. Trump will have to pick someone more centric.

Very unlikely chance of a filibuster. Wishful thinking .

Trump won folks. Get over it. He's not going to govern as a liberal.Hes not going to appoint someone Pelosi likes . Just ain't happening .

Last edited by wallflash; 02-01-2017 at 06:04 AM..

Old 02-01-2017, 05:51 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,775,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
What GOP did by refusing to fill the seat was obstruction at its best, and opened the door for others to hit back in the same. I doubt Dems will go too far in their opposition of this pick, because it would end up being a wast of time. They will utilize those tricks to obstruct GOP when they regain the majority.
They already did years ago under GWB. They refused to confirm is nominations for Federal judges.

The tit for tat has grown tiresome.

Old 02-01-2017, 05:52 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,215 times
Quote:
[Trump] has likely kicked off a Constitutional crisis.
I'm sorry. But, what in the world are you talking about?

Quote:
The situatlion called for a mildly centrist conservative.
What situation?

How can selecting a justice who respects the Constitution ever be considered a crisis?

The mind absolutely boggles.

Old 02-01-2017, 05:57 AM

5,510 posts, read 9,492,056 times
I don't really have a problem with this person. But, based on the news I've heard, it looks like the Democrats are going to sink to the Republicans' level, and obstruct.

Old 02-01-2017, 06:06 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times
I saw some moderate dem senators being interviewed this morning. They are leaning towards bringing this to a vote after hearings. No nuclear option is needed by reps. Moderates in the dem party are prevailing. Warren and other crazy lefties will not have votes to filibuster. It seems it's already a done deal unless something else happens. The way things are right now, no filibuster and reps have the votes.

Old 02-01-2017, 06:28 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,958,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I saw some moderate dem senators being interviewed this morning. They are leaning towards bringing this to a vote after hearings. No nuclear option is needed by reps. Moderates in the dem party are prevailing. Warren and other crazy lefties will not have votes to filibuster. It seems it's already a done deal unless something else happens. The way things are right now, no filibuster and reps have the votes.
Gotta pick your battles, for all he know he'll pick Ted Cruz next time.

Old 02-01-2017, 06:29 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Should be no surprise, whoever it is. Pro-life, strict constructionist, etc.

A white middle aged wealthy male replacing a white old wealthy male.

Trump seems so out of place talking about the man's qualifications, since he doesn't know anything about the law.

Does the Judge have any military service, I wonder?
Racist ALWAYS make EVERY issue about race!

Old 02-01-2017, 06:32 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Why can no one say why he is a good choice?
Why are YOU TOO LAZY to do your OWN research instead of asking others to do it for you?

With all the times you have asked this question you could have found out for yourself.

Old 02-01-2017, 06:37 AM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
While you may scoff at this frivolous comment, Donald Trump and Neil Gorsuch (handsome man for a judge ) were wearing really nice ties last night at the announcement. Very different but striking. Gorsuch's was more creative, pattern-wise (maybe he's not conservative after all), but Trump's tie (and suit) you couldn't take your eyes off of. Had to be expensive. The Trump tie was black and white diagonally striped and doesn't look all that special in photos but under the TV and White House lights really stood out. He should wear it on foreign visits. You may have noticed Trump has a tie style of wearing his ties very long with an open suit jacket.

Oh yeah, and for the pick. The Democrats will probably have to go to something like a four year old Gorsuch not letting the neighbor boy play with his toy truck to get something on him. Maybe they will call in Nancy Pelosi from The House to sing to him. (Did you see her rendition of This Land Is Your Land with the Democrat Mixed Chorus? Mixed, by the way, means men and women.)

Does anyone remember Senator Joe Biden making Mrs. Alito cry and Biden going on and on about baseball for about 20 minutes at the John Roberts' hearing without asking a question? Ah Biden, those were the days when the Democrats were characters.

If someone set up a Go Fund Me page for regular full sized glasses for Chuck Schumer would you donate?

Old 02-01-2017, 06:38 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post
I don't really have a problem with this person. But, based on the news I've heard, it looks like the Democrats are going to sink to the Republicans' level, and obstruct.
No, because they are not in position to refuse to process him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies