Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 10:08 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Do you even understand what is being said here?
No, I don't understand what you are saying. It seems like people aren't waiting with open arms for legal immigrants to come to the United States. Well, maybe if by legal immigrants you mean Europeans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2017, 10:15 PM

35,688 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
we have no problem with LEGAL immigrants who come here and want to assimilate into american culture. the problem is the criminal element that thumbs their noses at our laws to come here ILLEGALLY and commit crimes like drug running, rape, murder, etc. why is it that other countries can have immigration laws that need to be followed, but somehow the US cant?
There were Muslim illegals? We have more murderers, rapist and child predators 100 to 1 than those illegally here. You need to be more afraid of touchy feely uncle bob than an illegal

Old 02-05-2017, 10:23 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,690,944 times
If every person coming into this country wanted the same dreams as Busch I think a lot of conservatives would feel different. But you see so many people come into this country and want to change the American life to adapt to what they want in their life.

Old 02-06-2017, 12:22 AM

3,836 posts, read 1,783,960 times
I thought this was a great commercial and promotes LEGAL immigration, the way it should be.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:21 AM

9,470 posts, read 10,799,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
No there's not. Have you tasted Budweiser? It's disgusting.
I thought it was a cool commercial, but like you find the beer awful. American craft beer is a real force to reckon with for the big brewers today. Some are hardly craft beers anymore, Blue moon and Sam Adams make high quality American beer on a mass scale. Americans are now demanding the same quality of beer that Europeans have always had. Having said that I liked thier commercial.

Old 02-06-2017, 03:40 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,656,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door."

-Emma Lazarus

God I love this Country

Me too. Think the rust belt that elected Trump will protest and stop drinking Budweiser???

Old 02-06-2017, 04:07 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Too funny.

A beer company shilling for immigrants.

Muslims don't drink.
Not true. Also, what is wrong with immigrants? I thought ya'll loved legal immigrants?

Old 02-06-2017, 04:09 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
I'm okay with Budweiser being the new beer of border hoppers and Islamists (who don't drink). It most definitely won't be the new beer of liberals. They wouldn't be caught dead drinking it.

Middle America deserves a better beer that Budweiser, which is an assured hangover.
How in Christ's name did you come up with this gem after watching that commercial? My god.

Old 02-06-2017, 04:14 AM

88,989 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Me too. Think the rust belt that elected Trump will protest and stop drinking Budweiser???
Why would they protest a company that supports LEGAL immigration? Many of their parents and grandparents were LEGAL immigrants. Especially in Wisconsin. Heavy population of German LEGAL immigrants' progeny.

Old 02-06-2017, 05:05 AM

11,775 posts, read 5,787,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
My, what short memories we have. Do you not remember our entire country is made up of IMMIGRANTS? Our country if one of the few in which hardly anyone who lives here is "native." We're all immigrants; some of us just arrived here later than others. The holier-than-thou attitude of some of you is unbelievable.

My father emigrated here from India in the 1970s. He did it the legal way, and is a successful petroleum engineer. Even though it was very difficult for him to receive his US citizenship and the immigration process was long, hard, and mired in miles of bureaucratic red tape, he doesn't consider himself better than people who came here illegally. He had a hard life in India and was looking for a better one here. He understands why people emigrate here: they are looking for a better life than the one they have because the one they are living in their home countries is full of poverty, illness, oppression, or violence. Are American "conservatives" really so selfish that feel that other human beings don't deserve safety, freedom, health, or jobs? And if you actually say yes to that, you need to look at yourself and your own moral code, not blame liberals for caring about "foreigners." We are all humans and ALL equal. This is not your country; this is our planet.
Scooby - this has nothing to do with the question I asked. Why are there not marches for today's homeless and veterans? Why is the main focus not on our own citizens who need help but on foreigners?

There is no holier than thou attitude - these situations exist in this country and there is no outrage for these problems. People choose to protest for the rights of others not in this country yet don't give a darn for those that fought to allow you to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies