Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 07:26 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times

Advertisements

The fun of dividing your own people is that you get to create your own narrative and run away with it.

No "side" is exempt from this behavior, we are all human before we are "republicants or libritards"

There will always be an element of human bias involved in reporting anything. the rest of it is just people choosing to hear what they want to without actually putting their own effort towards understanding

We've become a "google it" society where everyone is suspect of everyone...and facts are merely obstacles to the truth we want to tell.

It's all pretty sad

All it does is prove no matter how above it all we feel we have become, that we are still animals at our core
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2017, 07:29 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,805,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
They reported him as a suspect. Corrected it.

I think they were a little slow in their correction and not extensive enough in making it known.

However

If we are going to rate these outlets on percentage of screw ups...I'm sorry bro...it ain't even close. That's in terms of frequency and severity. CNN is simply fake news. A few, and I mean a few, facts may be uttered on MSNBC.
They left it there for days. Canada actually sent a letter asking them to take it down.

Old 02-01-2017, 07:51 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,553 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
They reported him as a suspect. Corrected it.

I think they were a little slow in their correction and not extensive enough in making it known.

However

If we are going to rate these outlets on percentage of screw ups...I'm sorry bro...it ain't even close. That's in terms of frequency and severity. CNN is simply fake news. A few, and I mean a few, facts may be uttered on MSNBC.
A correction is when you actually update the original article and say that previous information was wrong. what Fox did was leave up the original article un-updated for 24 hours after finding out they were wrong, and then posting a completely separate article that never once mentions the error.

mean while, up until this morning, Conservatives were still sharing the original article as if it was fact.

So no, they dont get credit.

As for MSNBC and CNN, I have seen both correct themselves live on TV. You can call them fake news all you want, but they do a much better job of admitting when they are wrong where as FOX doesnt acknowledge it and hopes you forget.

I have mentioned this before and even linked to articles that were never taken down or updated, this one would have been the same if the PM of Canada had not mentioned it.

And in that context, why is there no thread about how wrong the right wing was in claiming it was a Muslim. That thread claiming he was one, had hundreds of comments.

Old 02-02-2017, 06:11 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
FNC and Breitbart are news sites, or at least make an effort to be. CNN and MSNBC are just left wing blogs-they make no attempt to provide news and information, merely entertainment and cognitive reinforcement for the far left.

Old 02-02-2017, 06:18 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
LOL! You think Breitbart has "verified" facts? LOL.
They called the election correctly. Case closed.

Old 02-03-2017, 10:18 PM

772 posts, read 390,633 times
CNN & MSNBC are fake news.

They don't verify the fact.

Both networks are opinion based expecting us to believe the opinions of self proclaimed experts.

Old 02-03-2017, 10:21 PM

30,370 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Fox and Breitbart are much more focused on getting stories correct and presented in a fair and balanced way than are CNN & MSNBC which are just purveyors of Fake News meant to distort reality and be an arm of propaganda.

Old 02-03-2017, 10:29 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Fox News finally deleted those tweets and articles claiming a Muslim Moroccan was the one who shot up a Mosque
No network beat the Ebola fear monguring drum longer or harder than Fox. That's quite an accomplishment given CNN trends dogs with a bone.

I have never witnessed so much misinformation, speculation and lies.

So after milking it for all it was worth, convincing viewers that Ebola was just a breath away and only Republicans could save America from near certain peril, Fox suddenly discontinued further coverage of Ebola the day after November mid terms.

I tend to pay more attention to the tactics used by cable news outlets to manipulate viewers, than the actual news.

Old 02-03-2017, 10:31 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
I notice that FOX and Breitbart usually have lots of statistics and facts in their reports that are thoughtfully researched and can be backed up with with actual studies, numbers and documentation.

Usually, I noticed that they have actual statistics, reports and past video and audio to back-up what they say.

While CNN and MSNBC have political consultants that just state opinions. Very few numbers or statistics, just these professional political consultants giving opinions.

I notice that CNN invites a person on and they say something that doesn't agree with liberals, they say they are out of time and cut their audio and video off immediately.

MSNBC on the other hand has hosts on their programs that mock and make fun of positions they don't agree with. MSNBC also has a tendency to want to predict the future.

CNBC which is NBC owned, also has financial doomsday reports from consultants almost daily. They have these professional consultants and registered Democrats and liberals that made some money going on ranting about Trump policies.

Fact and truth v. Emotional based opinions.

Old 02-03-2017, 10:33 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They kept talking about men in ski masks screaming "alluh akbar" as long as they could, but in the end they had to stop because everyone already knew it was BS.
Not everyone. what matters is the sound bite, not the nevermind b
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies