Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2017, 08:48 PM

195 posts, read 161,258 times

Advertisements

If you want to get an idea of how the left thinks read what people are saying in this little gem:

Milo Yiannopoulos's UC Berkeley speech cancelled due to protests, campus on lockdown - NeoGAF
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2017, 09:36 PM

18,458 posts, read 15,236,363 times
They tried to do the same thing tonight at NYU. Thankfully, the NYPD was there, and not the Berkeley PD. An unknown number of arrests were made before anyone could get hurt. But they did manage to shut down the speech.

I never heard of Gavin McInnis before, but if he has these antifa people all riled up, I may have to start paying more attention to him.

http://nypost.com/2017/02/02/protest...akers-seminar/

Old 02-02-2017, 09:37 PM

3,368 posts, read 1,604,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fratrock View Post
If you want to get an idea of how the left thinks read what people are saying in this little gem:

Milo Yiannopoulos's UC Berkeley speech cancelled due to protests, campus on lockdown - NeoGAF
That is just sad.

Quote:
"Hate speech" is not protected under freedom of speech.

We all have our limits.

One of the people on CNN referred to the protests as Nazi-like and that Milo has the right for his voice to be heard. I'm so ****ing done with this ****.

Only a matter of time before these nazis start getting handled in the streets. People are ****ing pissed.

It's sad that people need to get to near violent levels to keep this ****bag of a human from being able to spew his **** at colleges. Yes yes, free speech, but at some point you need to stop and look at what is being said, and determine if its worth giving a platform to begin with.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:47 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,799,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
They tried to do the same thing tonight at NYU. Thankfully, the NYPD was there, and not the Berkeley PD. An unknown number of arrests were made before anyone could get hurt. But they did manage to shut down the speech.

I never heard of Gavin McInnis before, but if he has these antifa people all riled up, I may have to start paying more attention to him.

Protesters storm NYU over conservative speaker’s seminar | New York Post
Gavin ain't havin' it. I'm a big fan of his; I think you'll like him.
The fact that you weren't aware of him and now you are researching him
shows how these idiot demonstrators are shooting themselves in both feet.
Many people who never heard of Milo are busy Googling and watching Youtube.
He never could have bought that kind of publicity.
Quote:
Following the violent anti-free-speech protests in Berkeley, California last night - sparked by cal's special snowflakes hurt feelings at the potential
words that would come out of Milo Yiannopoulos' mouth during a sold-out event - it appears America's curiosity has been piqued.

Sales of Milo's book have increased 12,740% overnight sending it rocketing from 642nd to 5th ranked best-seller on Amazon.
Pretty impressive considering the book is not even released until March 14th 2017.Berkeley Blowback: Milo Book Sales Soar 12,740% Overnight | Zero Hedge

Old 02-02-2017, 09:48 PM

195 posts, read 161,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
That is just sad.
Why can't people like that realize that kind of attitude just hurts their cause? And pretty much everyone on that forum has the same mindset. Scary how so many like-minded people can be at one place.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:48 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,111,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Gavin ain't havin' it. I'm a big fan of his; I think you'll like him.
The fact that you weren't aware of him and now you are researching him
shows how these idiot demonstrators are shooting themselves in both feet.
Many people who never heard of Milo are busy Googling and watching Youtube.
He never could have bought that kind of publicity.
That's a positive. Thanks crazies!

Old 02-02-2017, 10:18 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,799,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
That's a positive. Thanks crazies!
They succeeded in preventing him from speaking to a
few hundred, but now thousands are watching his videos.

Old 02-02-2017, 10:26 PM

2,914 posts, read 2,686,608 times
My review of the Berkeley riots: Fascists protesting what they say is fascism. Hypocrisy.

Old 02-02-2017, 10:32 PM

3,368 posts, read 1,604,433 times

Old 02-02-2017, 10:37 PM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Some reduction of funding of UC Bercrazy should be undertaken to address their failure to allow free speech and to make the campus safe for diversity of thought and safe from Liberal Fascists that are encouraged to commit violence against people that they disagree with by the university and city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies