Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 09:04 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Yes and Obama didn't blame Hillary for it or Bush. They took responsibility....
No they didn't!

where in the world have you been???? Mr. Obama sent his national security advisor out to all the Sunday talk shows to LIE to the American people and blame Benghazi on an unknown immigrant who made a terrible video that had NOTHING to do with Benghazi.

He then had the guy arrested. He did this to help himself get re-elected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2017, 09:04 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar
Hmm..it depends. There are arguments for both sides. Obama I think kept a pretty good management of it without micro-managing, or going outside of his own abilities. A good example is the Osama raid. Obama changed some aspects of it such as adding in more backup for them. But then once it kicked off he was hands free.

Trump I think is more hands off and trusting in his VERY qualified military folks. If I learn otherwise I will change my opinion.

Really folks, things go wrong
, combat is a democracy-the other side gets a vote too.
ITA with the red, but as president, Trump does have a say in what goes on in these raids and he is provided information by his qualified military folks.

So for everyone to try to blame the raid on Obama is ridiculous. Obama specifically didn't go into the raid in the last weeks of his presidency because he had concerns. He decided to let the new administration handle it. Trump authorized it and so it is "his" to deal with.

Trying to blame it on Obama is basically stupid IMO as that would mean, like I said above, that Trump has no leadership skills in regards to foreign affairs.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:05 AM

8,383 posts, read 4,366,655 times
Trump doesn't listen to anyone but himself. He is like a kid with no control. If he thinks it's a good idea to stick his finger in a light socket, he will.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:06 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,758,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I will do better than that, I will repost it here

The poster appropriately put quotation marks around the statements that came from the NY Times, the subsequent statements in bold Are not from the NY Times, they might be the posters opinion or they might be from another source that he didn't attribute them to.
I was referring to the quote, the NYTimes said it was planned for months under Obama.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:13 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
No they didn't!

where in the world have you been???? Mr. Obama sent his national security advisor out to all the Sunday talk shows to LIE to the American people and blame Benghazi on an unknown immigrant who made a terrible video that had NOTHING to do with Benghazi.

He then had the guy arrested. He did this to help himself get re-elected.
In the 2012 debate with Romney, Obama took full responsibility for the raid in Benghazi in regards to his responsibility. He did not blame it on anyone and said it was his decision.

Is it your contention that he blamed Bush or some other Republican for what happened?? He never did.

From Obama in the video:

Quote:
These aren't just representative of the united states. They are my representatives. I sent them there. I know these folks, I know their families.
and on responsibility from his own mouth:

Quote:
I am ultimately responsible for what has taken place there because these are my folks. I'm the one that has to greet those coffins when they come home. You know that I mean what I say
https://youtu.be/Chzr3-6myBM

After this debate the Benghazi thing was not important to me. He took responsibility for it before the entire nation.

Just because you all decided to ignore this fact, doesn't mean it didn't happen. Watch the video of the debate in the link above. It is a short video.

You all are blaming this raid on Obama when he wasn't the president. Starting on 1/20/17 these are Trump's people. He sent them there. He is ultimately responsible for what has taken place.

He and the rest of you who think otherwise need to grow up and take responsibility for what tragedies occur under his watch. And like I stated earlier, these things unfortunately happen. People lose their lives in service of their country. When that occurs though, whoever sent them is responsible and I think Trump and yourself and many others on the thread just don't understand that.

I was not all gung ho on Obama especially on foreign issues. However, I trusted his judgment more than I do Trump's because from the beginning of his presidency he was involved in foreign affairs. He didn't go around alienating our country with our allies (Mexico, Australia, Britain). He didn't go around singing praises for dictators like Putin. He thought about things before he said them. Trump doesn't do this. He needs to start thinking before he speaks and writing things out and having a plan on how he communicated with foreign leaders and he especially needs to take responsibility for his actions. Gosh...this is something I tell my 8 year old when she forgets her homework and tries to blame me. Her homework is not mine and I'm not going to take it to her when she forgot. It's called being responsible for your actions and dealing with the consequences.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:15 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I tell you what is amazing. you trying to suggest a military operation that was successful in taking out a large number of high value targets and gaining what appears to be a very solid trove of intelligence is the same thing as Benghazi. What most boggles my mind is the fact that you really think you made a point here.
No need to be 'boggled' I have as much right to state my opinions here as you do.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I was referring to the quote, the NYTimes said it was planned for months under Obama.
Trump is President, you all need to quit trying to search the universe for someone to blame for his stupid mistakes.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:20 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
This was Obama's botch job.
No it wasn't - the Hit Piece on President Trump does acknowledge that the Military was waiting for a "Moonless Night" for the operation and that occurred after Obama was out of office and that it was "approved" before Trump was sworn in.

The New York Times reported that Obama's national security aides had approved the plans for the risky attack and that Obama had not acted because the military wanted to launch that attack on a moonless night. The next such night would have been after his term.

The Times and Washington Post have reported that just about everything that could have gone wrong did go wrong on the mission and that it appears al Qaeda fighters in Yemen were tipped off to the approaching forces from the United States and United Arab Emirates.

What we have here is yet another Media Hit Piece on President Trump BASED on the famous "Anonymous" sources and blasted in headlines by Reuters. What we also have is information that the Terrorists KNEW the attack was coming and when it was coming.

These "leaks" by the never ending "anonymous" Government sources ..... did they also "leak" to the Terrorists?
Is the Hysterical Meltdown Left really that desperate? They are sure looking that Crazy.

Old 02-03-2017, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
No it wasn't - the Hit Piece on President Trump does acknowledge that the Military was waiting for a "Moonless Night" for the operation and that occurred after Obama was out of office and that it was "approved" before Trump was sworn in.

The New York Times reported that Obama's national security aides had approved the plans for the risky attack and that Obama had not acted because the military wanted to launch that attack on a moonless night. The next such night would have been after his term.

The Times and Washington Post have reported that just about everything that could have gone wrong did go wrong on the mission and that it appears al Qaeda fighters in Yemen were tipped off to the approaching forces from the United States and United Arab Emirates.

What we have here is yet another Media Hit Piece on President Trump BASED on the famous "Anonymous" sources and blasted in headlines by Reuters. What we also have is information that the Terrorists KNEW the attack was coming and when it was coming.

These "leaks" by the never ending "anonymous" Government sources ..... did they also "leak" to the Terrorists?
Is the Hysterical Meltdown Left really that desperate? They are sure looking that Crazy.
Former Obama official: Trump’s deadly Yemen raid wasn’t planned under Obama’s watch - Salon.com

Old 02-03-2017, 10:06 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,946,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
It's amazing how polarized people are that there was conservative support for four years of Benghazi hearings but when this happens the same people yawn and smugly claim "nothing to see here, move along" .

How can it possibly be ok even with the most diehard Trump fans that he didn't even bother to move his fat as$$ away from the dinner table and go to the situation room?

Donald Trump not in Situation Room for 'botched' Yemen raid that killed up to 30 civilians and one US Navy SEAL | The Independent
Goes both ways.
People who were ambivalent to Bengaxi suddenly care about this issues now.
You would agree that a special forces raid is a bit different than an embassy getting attacked killing its ambassador right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies