Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2017, 01:18 PM

20,715 posts, read 19,357,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamban View Post
I have been to Gailipoli in North western Turkey and all I saw was memorial to the Australian and New Zealand soldiers who fought the Turks, and suffered heavy causalities. They were fighting on behalf of the British not USA.
They were fighting and being halved alright. The Australians would have been part of Imperial Japan were it not for the US. If someone owes them anything, it would be Britain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2017, 01:24 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,558,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman0war View Post
Poor copy and paste.

But that is just editorializing and does not make it a Sharia Law Islamic country.
Maybe you should educate yourself.

Funny how the CIA doesn't consider Indonesia an islamic state.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...k/geos/id.html

You haven't actually got a clue about Indonesia have you? You haven't even been there.
I have, and its changing. Its basically Saudi money influence. Not the first country they will have effed up.

Not only I know this, but all those different and academic studies I cited, which you will never read because they undermine the one hopeful beacon you have that the ideology you are an apologetic for, can work out well. So cited sources versus your opinion based on something you heard in a bar once.

As for the cutting and pasting? Its a fact and so what? Do you want me to cut and paste the Indonesian constitution itself so you can read it?

Go read the Jakarta globe, or the various PRI stories.
http://jakartaglobe.id/archive/the-r...ing-indonesia/

Look at Ahok's election chances as gov. after some statement he made interpreted as blaspheming.
https://www.aseantoday.com/2016/12/c...undamentalism/

And the sad change of the nature of islam in Indonesia to an intolerant form (thanks to the Saudis)
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...e2855c53a187cb

You know jack about Indonesia

Last edited by bg7; 02-02-2017 at 01:35 PM..

Old 02-02-2017, 01:36 PM

1,285 posts, read 591,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
You haven't actually got a clue about Indonesia have you? You haven't even been there.
I have, and its changing. Its basically Saudi money influence. Not the first country they will have effed up.
Big whoopie
And what fundementalist Christain organizations don't spend money to change politics here?

It doesn't make USA a religious fundementalist country.
We still are a Secular Democracy and so is Indonesia.

Old 02-02-2017, 01:42 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,558,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman0war View Post
Big whoopie
And what fundementalist Christain organizations don't spend money to change politics here?

It doesn't make USA a religious fundementalist country.
We still are a Secular Democracy and so is Indonesia.
Do you know how many Islamic political parties there are already in Indonesia? I'm not talking about the Indonesian political parties where people happen to be Muslims, I'm talking about Religious Political parties - the Islamic Political Parties

Do you know any Indonesians? Go ask them are they concerned about how things are changing, how society is becoming more intolerant, the increase in Islamic terrorism against other Muslims and minorities. Then come back here. Indonesia is on a dangerous fence at the moment, head-in-the-sands like you notwithstanding, all due to Saudi-funded ideology.

Stick to the CIA world handbook for arguments in the playground, not real life. Its increasingly obvious I'm talking to someone who knows nothing about Indonesia other than a sentence he picked up on Facebook once. Waste of time.

Here's the truth - race, gender and sexuality don't decide actions. Ideology does.

Old 02-02-2017, 01:55 PM

1,285 posts, read 591,633 times
Quote:
Do you know how many Islamic political parties there are already in Indonesia? I'm not talking about the Indonesian political parties where people happen to be Muslims, I'm talking about Religious Political parties - the Islamic Political Parties

Do you know any Indonesians? Go ask them are they concerned about how things are changing, how society is becoming more intolerant, the increase in Islamic terrorism against other Muslims and minorities. Then come back here. Indonesia is on a dangerous fence at the moment, head-in-the-sands like you notwithstanding, all due to Saudi-funded ideology.

Stick to the CIA world handbook for arguments in the playground, not real life. Its increasingly obvious I'm talking to someone who knows nothing about Indonesia other than a sentence he picked up on Facebook once. Waste of time.

Here's the truth - race, gender and sexuality don't decide actions. Ideology does.
So you are one of the Bannon/Trump guys that want to cast us into what a religious war on Islam?
Are you going to ban Islam?
BTW, why didn't the Trump immigration order apply to Saudia Arabia, you've singled them out as instigators.

Old 02-02-2017, 02:00 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
No, they are not "the enemy." Read the story and you might not be so confused.
The alt-left are permanently confused!

Old 02-02-2017, 02:01 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, if most Christians are white, saying something bad about Christianity is racist?

And, are you conceding that liberal policy makers are essentially claiming Islam is a race?
If Christians were a white majority proportional to Islam, I think you can make a case, there is also consideration of protected classes and systemic or state sponsored racism but sure.
I will conceded that all politician posture but posturing by putting your foot on someone else's neck is a bit worse.

Old 02-02-2017, 02:09 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,383,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Australia has been a staunch ally to the point they actually contribute troops to US led wars. Guess they won't make that mistake again.

Ironically after Chief Chump Trump leads us into an unnecessary war, it will be the children of his voters who come back in flag-draped caskets.

We don't need Australia, we have Russia!

Old 02-02-2017, 02:15 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
We don't need Australia, we have Russia!
So, Russia is sending us refugees?

I need to see a link on that.

Old 02-02-2017, 02:16 PM

5,058 posts, read 7,499,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Its true EVERYTIME!
You do leave out the fact that as part of the deal Australia will be taking the same number of central american refugees that otherwise would have been relocated to the USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies