Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 09:09 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times

Advertisements

Too many illegals sapping medical institutions and the hospitals have to make up the cost of illegals with higher costs of every procedure and operation to us..so of course the insurance companies have to charge us more to make up the difference they have to pay for the hospitals extra freebee costs.. We have to absorb the cost of Illegals getting freebees , we get the higher strangling costs of every procedure and office visit.

illegals =free

paying customer=pay for their procedures and operations plus absorb the cost of freebees the hospitals give away.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:12 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I don't care. Scrap it in its entirety.
Let me guess. You get group insurance though your employer.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:12 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Think you are mistaken. Bad law written entirely by the Left. Doomed to fail.
The new regs will be more equitable and require those that participate to contribute for a change.
I agree it's bad law... but it's bad law that has had about 4 years of being integrated into society, which includes many people who are using the service.

You can't replace it in one swoop. You have to unravel it piece by piece. It will not be easy. The fans of single payer want the health system to crash. They want it to fail and have the government be the only one left standing. How much sweeter would that be for them if the Republicans were the ones that crashed the system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Too many illegals sapping medical institutions and the hospitals have to make up the cost of illegals with higher costs of every procedure and operation to us..so of course the insurance companies have to charge us more to make up the difference they have to pay for the hospitals extra freebee costs.. We have to absorb the cost of Illegals getting freebees , we get the higher strangling costs of every procedure and office visit.

illegals =free

paying customer=pay for their procedures and operations plus absorb the cost of freebees the hospitals give away.
This should be an immediate repair to the system.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:13 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
And replace it with what? And how does the suggested replacement help the entire situation?

I understand your thinking, but this is not a normal situation.

Yeah - that would do it.

Being anti-ObamaCare has helped the GOP. If they mishandle the issue, it could easily flip in the other direction.

They are so scared, I am not sure they will do anything. Trump may push them into something...
Replace it with nothing.

People should worry about their own healthcare, not expect government to take care of them.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:16 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,458,243 times
Quote:
Replace it with nothing.

People should worry about their own healthcare, not expect government to take care of them.
and there you have it- the actual plan in a nutshell...hope you don't know anybody with a prior condition or someone who exhausted their lifetime limits...I guess the cancer was their fault, right?

Old 02-02-2017, 09:18 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Replace it with nothing.

You know that You pay for them through higher Insurance Premiums and through higher medical costs, don't ya?
Here is the thing, the Republicans have had YEARS to work on something better, they b*tched and whined about ACA none stop, then when they are given the opportunity to correct it they have no idea on what to do.
So are you Mad as Hell at the Republicans and the trump for not just getting rid of it or is it an Oh Well cannot be made at my own guys?

Old 02-02-2017, 09:23 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
And replace it with what? And how does the suggested replacement help the entire situation?

I understand your thinking, but this is not a normal situation.

Yeah - that would do it.

Being anti-ObamaCare has helped the GOP. If they mishandle the issue, it could easily flip in the other direction.

They are so scared, I am not sure they will do anything. Trump may push them into something...
It's much easier than everyone in DC is making it out to be. You don't remove it, you modify it in place by getting rid of the bad parts and introduce the new parts. For starters they should allow insurance to be sold across state lines to increase competition to lower prices, add tort reform and price control laws of some sort. Insurance is insurance, the details can be changed on the fly like any other insurance policy. You let the holders of the old system hang on to what they have, plus or minus a few extraneous things, and when they renew they get the new fixed policy. I think they are making a mountain out of a molehill for political reasons only.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:24 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,946,279 times
We're going to end up with government healthcare one day. Republicans are delusional if they think it won't happen.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:32 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
You know that You pay for them through higher Insurance Premiums and through higher medical costs, don't ya?
Here is the thing, the Republicans have had YEARS to work on something better, they b*tched and whined about ACA none stop, then when they are given the opportunity to correct it they have no idea on what to do.
So are you Mad as Hell at the Republicans and the trump for not just getting rid of it or is it an Oh Well cannot be made at my own guys?
This is not on Trump - but the GOP in Congress, I agree that they missed it for the past few years.

As far as the "mad as hell" part - that's what liberals do. Be an adult, hold some people accountable, look at the landscape, do what's best, move on with life.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:36 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,163,127 times
Repair is all that anyone on the left wanted. We all recognized when it was installed that the law was faulty - but it was better than nothing. If the right had been interested in looking out for American citizens it too would have recognized long ago that repair us what is needed - not replacement or removal - those were purely political concerns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies