Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 07:05 PM

19,750 posts, read 22,661,296 times

Advertisements

Wait... I could have swore there was this right wing clamor on this board that Billary was a war monger and going to drag us into conflict???

Old 02-02-2017, 07:10 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyPeopleAreSayin View Post
Putin will gladly allow Trump to get in war with Iran. Russians want Ukraine and Eastern Europe, as long as US/West is focused on something else, it works for Russia. Russians dont care about Iran as much as annexing Eastern Europe.
Russia ain't the old USSR; if Putin TRIED to get stupid, THAT could black back on the dude and, bad.

If he whipped out the nukes against Poland and so on, that WOULD get real bad since the US will start tossing nukes, too.

Old 02-02-2017, 07:14 PM

3,212 posts, read 1,652,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Russia ain't the old USSR; if Putin TRIED to get stupid, THAT could black back on the dude and, bad.

If he whipped out the nukes against Poland and so on, that WOULD get real bad since the US will start tossing nukes, too.
Correct. Reagan helped tear down the wall and free Eastern Europe. Trump wants to give it all back.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:45 PM

6,157 posts, read 7,223,297 times
If Trump starts a war with Iran it will be World War 3. The U.S. and its allies vs Iran and its allies Syria and Russia, not to mention potential major terrorists attacks on American soil that it could spark. Heck in all of the confusion with Trump and his clueless team, North Korea might jump in and give us a challenge. It's going to be hell but we can thank all the idiots who put Trump in office.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:47 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times
Quote:
You can't move on Iran until you gain control of Syria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I'm hoping Russia reigns in Iran if we lift the sanctions and look the other way on some of their geopolitical ambitions.
Do you expect Russia to look the other way regarding US Geo-Political Strategy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
Iran broke the treaty and the US is re-implementing some sanctions.
There is no treaty. It was a UN Security Council Resolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zortation View Post
An attack on Iran would essentially be the start of WWIII.
Please, get a grip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Israel bombed Iraq's nuclear reactors. Im pretty sure they can do the same for Iran.
No, they can't. I've explained why they can't a dozen times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Wait... I could have swore there was this right wing clamor on this board that Billary was a war monger and going to drag us into conflict???
Like I've said a dozen times, when it time to effect regime change in Iran, it will happen and it doesn't matter who is President.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:55 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Doubt it. Iran cant survive a war with us. I suspect if there is military action Trump will just have a ohio class missile conversion drop a few dozen tomahawks on the launch site. And that will be that. If Iran chooses to escalate they will regret it. They will whine and moan on the international stage, and no one will care.

Really ??? I Remember the same sort of bravado talk back in the 60's about a little jungle country called Viet Nam. How could a bunch of mismatched weapons and people living in rice paddies defeat the greatest army in the world ? We all know how that little fiasco ended up.

What most people do not grasp about countries like Iran, is , you kill one of them and 10 more are radicalized into getting revenge. The Russians could not even win in Afghanistan , and the Russians do not exactly fight with gloves on.

We do not need another war on our hands right now, or ever.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:57 PM

1,229 posts, read 859,236 times
Quote:
My simple advice to anyone ---- If you don't think you can stop it......at least try to be pragmatic and profit from it.

I don't want to see this administration start or promote any wars..

But I have a plan A and a plan B

Plan A : Speak out against it and side with legitimate anti-war groups who oppose the proliferation of war and conquest.

Plan B : In event that plan A fails, be prepared to profit immensely in an ancillary fashion, when the confrontation begins.

Very simple and straightforward.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:01 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Really ??? I Remember the same sort of bravado talk back in the 60's about a little jungle country called Viet Nam. How could a bunch of mismatched weapons and people living in rice paddies defeat the greatest army in the world ? We all know how that little fiasco ended up.

What most people do not grasp about countries like Iran, is , you kill one of them and 10 more are radicalized into getting revenge. The Russians could not even win in Afghanistan , and the Russians do not exactly fight with gloves on.

We do not need another war on our hands right now, or ever.
Vietnam: word was our military was NOT allowed to hit with full force. If our people could've, the Vietnam War would've gone down much different IMHO.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:49 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,959,914 times
I can't believe people here are starting to rationalize war with Iran.

Wtf is happening to this country?

Old 02-02-2017, 09:56 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,635,682 times
Quote:
Iran is not Iraq, we would lose tens of thousands of men. Iran has full on air defenses, Russian tech and is prepared for war. They would make sure to hurt us at home too, they can project power my friends, they are not Iraq.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies