Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 12:07 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
Trump plans to keep some of Obama's policies in place and I don't see Trump supporters starting a Tea Party over it.

Obamacare will not be fully repealed. It will just be updated. And this goes for a lot of Obama's policies that Trump agrees with. Another is infrastructure. Trump wants to spend even more money on it than Obama did. But when Obama wanted to do it the Cons were angry. When Trump wants to do it the Cons are ok with it. Suddenly the national debt doesn't matter if Cons are spending the money.

Why do they blindly hate Obama and blindly follow Trump?
President Trump will actually get something tangible for his infrastructure spending. All the Barry Sotero delivered was a bill to the taxpayers.

Old 02-03-2017, 02:27 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,023,344 times
Quote:
The Cons hate it when we tell the truth about why Obama was so hated. Simple racism.

The reason they get so angry when you call them racist is because they know its true. With that said.. there are Cons who voted for Obama and a lot of Cons are not racist at all.

But the Republican base is indeed made up of Neo Nazi's and KKK members. They hated Obama because he wasn't 100% white and that is just the truth whether people want to accept it or not.
You do know there's several of us who did not like Obama and aren't white at all?? We are also strong Republicans and not white. The reason I'm a Republican is because they don't care about the color of my skin. Republicans weren't the ones telling my I was 'acting white' when I chose to do well in school or didn't want to act like a fool. Or even better, trying to say I was a traitor to my race when I didn't agree we should increase gov't welfare which has only served to create a permanent underclass in this country.

Why is it so hard to believe we didn't like Obama because of his bad policies??? They were atrocious and on his heels, Clinton's policies were going to be equally atrocious.

You're delusional is you think our base is made up of "Neo Nazis and KKK members". All because we don't agree with Democrat policies. Do you listen to yourself? At all???

Old 02-03-2017, 02:29 PM

16,590 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I have wondered this myself. People can't answer why they like Donald Trump and merely resort to saying things like "We will win again!" or "America is Great Again!' without anything to back it up. They also will resort to calling the opposition "snowflakes."

As for Obama, I don't understand why people thought he was that bad. He wasn't the perfect President, but he never did anything to deserve the kind of hatred he received from the right.
Well your two comments say a lot. Funny how you can see what I presume is zealotry among the Trumpsters, but not among the Obamaites.
In many peoples view, Obama was a disaster for this country, whether it be setting race relations back decades, favoring criminals over police, national debt, anemic economy, etc., etc., etc.
Yet you did not see conservatives engage in cry-ins, scream-ins, requests from students to miss exams because they were emotionally traumatized, riots, endless whinig, etc.

BTW - Not all people who didn't vote for Trump are snowflakes. Rather it covers the fools with delicate sensibilities that act like life is virtually over because their person/ideology did not win. All the campus PC with safe spaces to pet bunnies and the like are the snowflakes that take whining to a whole new level.

Old 02-03-2017, 02:31 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,648,155 times
Quote:
Everything he stands for you agree with?

Grabbing women by the p***y too?
Dude...THAT'S your counter-point?

Old 02-03-2017, 02:33 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,521,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
The right hate the competent, they despise Obama, because Obama is just so much better than them. The tea party and alt right are the bitter haters of the world. They hate to see educated erudite black people succeeding where they can't ever even hope to compete.
This is true.

I used to really be disgusted by the far right.. but now I see them more as desperate and uneducated.

They find intelligence intimidating because it makes them feel inferior and powerless. If the person who is more intelligent than them is part of a minority group or is female.. it infuriates them even more.

As much as they like to harp on being against big Government.. they sure whine a lot about the "elites" in the cities leaving them behind along with losing all their local blue collar jobs.

But they should take their own advice and stop waiting for big Government to help them.

Old 02-03-2017, 02:36 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,626,404 times
Generally the right does what Faux news suggests they do. I blame Faux news for all of the problems with the right wing...

Old 02-03-2017, 02:40 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,521,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
You do know there's several of us who did not like Obama and aren't white at all?? We are also strong Republicans and not white. The reason I'm a Republican is because they don't care about the color of my skin. Republicans weren't the ones telling my I was 'acting white' when I chose to do well in school or didn't want to act like a fool. Or even better, trying to say I was a traitor to my race when I didn't agree we should increase gov't welfare which has only served to create a permanent underclass in this country.

Why is it so hard to believe we didn't like Obama because of his bad policies??? They were atrocious and on his heels, Clinton's policies were going to be equally atrocious.

You're delusional is you think our base is made up of "Neo Nazis and KKK members". All because we don't agree with Democrat policies. Do you listen to yourself? At all???
Seems you have a reading comprehension problem.

I said a lot of Cons are NOT racist and some even voted for Obama. BUT the base is made up of Neo Nazi's and KKK members. That's just the facts. Sorry you're allergic to the truth.

Old 02-03-2017, 02:41 PM

Quote:
This is true.

I used to really be disgusted by the far right.. but now I see them more as desperate and uneducated.

They find intelligence intimidating because it makes them feel inferior and powerless. If the person who is more intelligent than them is part of a minority group or is female.. it infuriates them even more.

As much as they like to harp on being against big Government.. they sure whine a lot about the "elites" in the cities leaving them behind along with losing all their local blue collar jobs.

But they should take their own advice and stop waiting for big Government to help them.
Oh good, more BS sweeping generalizations. I'm minority, I'm very well-educated, as is my family. We're welcomed by the Republican party. In fact, if you find a small business owner, for example, they're more likely than not to be a Republican. We do not care for people who, while intelligent on academia, are wholly unrealistic about the real world and what it means to live in. And of note, those so-called "intellectual elites" on the left comprise a very, very, very small number of the voting body of the Democrats. According to statistics, people on government assistance are more likely to vote Democrat while those with Bachelor degrees generally vote Republican. So you have the PhDs and the people on welfare. Congrats, a party made of people who are unable to fiscally support society and a group who find academia a comfort because those things like finances, jobs, and other real world concerns are outside their understanding or capability.

Old 02-03-2017, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Seems you have a reading comprehension problem.

I said a lot of Cons are NOT racist and some even voted for Obama. BUT the base is made up of Neo Nazi's and KKK members. That's just the facts. Sorry you're allergic to the truth.
I have to refrain from what I want to really say because it could result in an infraction. But I will say this, if you genuinely believe our "base" is made up of these things, you have much bigger problems than whatever little petty issues concern your day. You sir, are the very picture of ignorance in action.

Old 02-03-2017, 02:47 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,974,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
He has a cult of personality - - and there is a type of person who is attracted to those personalities, no matter how insipid they are.
I always thought the same thing about obama supporters.
Isn't it funny how that works?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies