Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2017, 09:11 AM

2,605 posts, read 2,708,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Retailers routinely drop lines that do not sell well or require deep discounting to sell. It does not have anything to do with politics.

The Ivanka brand mostly targets " aspiring" millennial working women who " want it all".

I had the same feeling for Ivanka's brand long before her family got involved in politics. Her target audience (fresh college grand maybe under 25 years old trying to live it up, reminded me of movie legally blond) don't have the money to pay her price tag. The women who are willing to pay the price are much older women who will not be attracted to her brand due to design.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2017, 09:13 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Since I'm not a Madonna fan I didn't even know she had a twitter feed. You seem to know a lot about it. Am I missing something exciting?
I'm just trying to figure out how you are so uninformed and believe such false nonsense.

You might want to read the transcript so you can understand how far off you are on what he said.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:19 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Nordstrom cuts Ivanka Trump brand of clothing and shoes due to poor sales.

Hmmmmm. Even wealthy people won't buy Ivanka Trump clothing and shoes. That can't be a good sign.

Nordstrom cuts Ivanka Trump brand due to poor sales

Here she is wearing a $5,000 silver gown on the day that Trump bans refugees from entering the country and detains those here with green cards and visas. It was criticized as a "Let them eat cake" moment. The dress can be pre-ordered through Neiman Marcus. A $5,000 dress. Wow, that's a lot of groceries. I could eat for an entire year on that! Anyway, the timing was bad.

Follow
Kierán Suckling @KieranSuckling
.@IvankaTrump's tone deaf, heartless tweet as hundreds of thousands take to streets tonight to protect Muslim refugees from deportation. https://twitter.com/IvankaTrump/stat...71008220430336
11:04 PM - 29 Jan 2017
29 29 Retweets 97 97 likes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3UEc6MWAAQa9Bx.jpg

This dress is by Carolina Herrera who has been dressing First Ladies, celebrities and those on the charity fund raising circuits, for serious decades.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:21 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
I can't afford Nordstrom. Then again, I don't look like Ivanka Trump, either. Not related to Ivanka, didn't I read some Canadian company is trying to buy Macy's?

Old 02-03-2017, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Considering that Ivanka is wearing one in that picture above? Please..... stop pretending that Republican party is the party of the blue collar worker. It isn't.

Probably has more to do with the product line itself than the politics behind the name... Then again... Trump's brand has been impacted in other ways since he took office.
The silver dress is Carolina Hererra, not Ivanka.

Hererra has been dressing First Ladies, celebrities and those on the chairitale and political fund raising circuits for decades.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:23 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
This dress is by Carolina Herrera who has been dressing First Ladies, celebrities and those on the charity fund raising circuits, for serious decades.
But she sure cozies up to particular Muslims...

Could it be because these are the ones that she and Daddy Dump do business with?

Old 02-03-2017, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Sorry, I forgot that some people need things spelled out for them.

Most conservatives aren't boycotting the Trumo brand; therefore, if it were mostly conservatives throwing $5,000 out for dresses, they would continue to sell and the line would be carried. Since sales plummeted enough to warrant dropping her line, that means the limosine liberals are the ones buying really expensive clothes.
To the best of my knowledge, the Ivanka brand does not include $5000 ball gowns. That's not the brand's target market.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:26 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
But she sure cozies up to particular Muslims...

Could it be because these are the ones that she and Daddy Dump do business with?
You should instantly love and idolize her then so what's the problem?

12,270 posts, read 11,324,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I'm sure you spent a lot of $ there.
Yes I have. We have a nice one in a nearby upscale mall. If you aren't going tailor-made, it has one of the best men's suits departments in any major store.

But if they play the political card, they lose my business. I have a very nice Lord and Taylor's nearby too.

Retail stores are insane if they start jerking their customers around politically.

35,681 posts, read 21,030,020 times
its all a cluster frrak
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies