Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 07:43 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
All you negative nancies needed to watch Maria Bartiromo (you know, the economic expert) on Fox News just moments ago. She just explained quite astutely that what Trump is doing is actually very much for the American people. There were some parts of Dodd-Frank that was stifling medium and small businesses because they forced banks to sit on capital and not lend money.
We supposedly (it was a lie, granted) had to bail them out because they were not holding enough in reserves. This is the exact same lie used to plow trillions into the banks. If you have a valid business plan there is no problem getting the money for it.

Quote:
All he's doing right now is to roll back the parts that were doing that so banks can start to lend money out to small and medium businesses. This will then get more businesses and the jobs that comes with them.

So much for the kneejerk leftist claim that this was because he's working for Wall Street.

Of course I never expected them to take any other position other than denouncing and criticizing Trump.
:ll
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2017, 07:47 AM

3,496 posts, read 2,186,798 times
Quote:
All you negative nancies needed to watch Maria Bartiromo (you know, the economic expert) on Fox News just moments ago. She just explained quite astutely that what Trump is doing is actually very much for the American people. There were some parts of Dodd-Frank that was stifling medium and small businesses because they forced banks to sit on capital and not lend out money.

All he's doing right now is to roll back the parts that were doing that so banks can start to lend money out to small and medium businesses. This will then get more businesses to start and/or expand and the jobs that comes with that.

So much for the kneejerk leftist claim that this was because he's working for Wall Street.

(BTW, Wall Street supported Hillary and was against Trump. All you had to do was look at the voting map in NYC to see that.)

Of course I never expected them to take any other position other than denouncing and criticizing Trump.
What did Maria have to say about the Fiduciary Rule?

Old 02-03-2017, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Dodd-Frank is a garbage law that proved the unintended consequences almost immediately. Consider the authors LOL!
All it did was prevent banks from making loans to small businesses who create the most new jobs.
But leftists hate anything that help business. That's how they've been wired.
Really? That's all it did? Also, what do you have against the Fiduciary Rule?

Old 02-03-2017, 07:49 AM

12,202 posts, read 7,221,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We supposedly (it was a lie, granted) had to bail them out because they were not holding enough in reserves. This is the exact same lie used to plow trillions into the banks. If you have a valid business plan there is no problem getting the money for it.

:ll
There is an ideal middle ground. Just because it went too far to one side (too loose for banks) doesn't mean that you should go far to the other side (too strict).

What he's doing is actually trying to find that ideal middle ground. Of course the left will have you think that he's letting loose the banks, which is absolutely false.

Old 02-03-2017, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kind Of Town View Post
What did Maria have to say about the Fiduciary Rule?
She was on there briefly. I don't think she brought that up. She has her own show on Saturday (I think) so she'll probably go more into it then.

Old 02-03-2017, 07:53 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
There is an ideal middle ground. Just because it went too far to one side (too loose for banks) doesn't mean that you should go far to the other side (too strict).
It doesn't. I explained why that wasn't my argument though. If you have a valid business plan there is not a problem in getting the money for it.

Is the argument that the banks are so flush with taxpayers money that the banks want to start handing it out irresponsibly again?

Quote:
What he's doing is actually trying to find that ideal middle ground. Of course the left will have you think that he's letting loose the banks, which is absolutely false.
I am pro-life. I support the 2nd amendment. I support a balanced budget. You are discussing this with me, not some vague entity known as "the left".

Old 02-03-2017, 07:55 AM

Quote:
She was on there briefly. I don't think she brought that up. She has her own show on Saturday (I think) so she'll probably go more into it then.
Doubt it. Probably didn't mention it because there is no reasonable defense to repealing it (unless of course you are in bed with Wall Street).

Old 02-03-2017, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kind Of Town View Post
Doubt it. Probably didn't mention it because there is no reasonable defense to repealing it (unless of course you are in bed with Wall Street).
Why don't you find out the actual facts before going off with unfounded suspicions? After you learn the facts, you might feel foolish. Of course, as usual, you haters won't be around when you are proven to be wrong.

Old 02-03-2017, 08:03 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,197 times
Just listened to Gary Cohn, of the Trump Administration, explain that the problem with the Fiduciary rule is that it limited choices for investors.

Now, it may be that there are real issues with the Fiduciary rule, and I would like to hear them, but to me when I read this objection and again when I heard Cohn state it seems to me what they are stating is that your investment advisor should not have to limit their suggestions things that they believe will work out well for you. They should be able to make suggestions that will work out well for the advisor.

Old 02-03-2017, 08:03 AM

1,285 posts, read 591,695 times
Quote:
Why don't you find out the actual facts before going off with unfounded suspicions? After you learn the facts, you might feel foolish. Of course, as usual, you haters won't be around when you are proven to be wrong.
If the rule is so bad, why has the economy been steadily improving since Obama took over?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies