Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 08:04 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,924,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
I agree with that statement. But further, there were new risks to the system from new investment products (both CDSs and CDOs were first used in the 1980s) that the Commodity Futures Modernization Act left largely unregulated.
Verily. Consider the gaping loopholes of the Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000? & the reluctance to close even after the natural consequences of its failure to regulate the toxic financial products created? An almost stubborn insistence these derivative-based products would not prove to be toxic. Basically, the FIRE sector saying, 'you're not the boss of me' & claims of 'doing God's work'. Sheeesh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2017, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I think so, some are just afraid to admit it as it will damage their ideology. One side can't admit that the big government failed them miserably and the other can't admit that the system is nothing but corrupt without draconian regulations.
Which ideology are you referencing here?

Old 02-05-2017, 08:12 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Which ideology are you referencing here?
The majorities depending on which major party they support.

Old 02-05-2017, 08:15 AM

8,497 posts, read 4,559,995 times
This what the fat cat friends of Trump want. Defender of the little people? You would have to be a fool to have fallen for that.

Old 02-05-2017, 08:17 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,118,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB_P7DbUGbQ

Trumps wants banks to s c r e w you as much as they can and help create another another economy crash great Another reason he might be trying to do this is he wants to get loans again from US banks
You're against everything so what else is new. When you move out on your own, you'll find out that things aren't like what's written in The Nation, or on MSNBS.
See you on TV at the next protest.

Old 02-05-2017, 08:24 AM

Quote:
The majorities depending on which major party they support.
Oh. Thought you might be referring to that mystical principle of the 'invisible hand': that each individual in pursuing his own selfish good was led, as if by an invisible hand, to achieve the best good for all.

Old 02-05-2017, 08:47 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Oh. Thought you might be referring to that mystical principle of the 'invisible hand': that each individual in pursuing his own selfish good was led, as if by an invisible hand, to achieve the best good for all.
Lol. I suppose some are but not enough to ignore the rest.

Old 02-05-2017, 08:54 AM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Does any of it it have to do with banks being afraid to lend money to people wanting to expand their businesses?

Old 02-05-2017, 08:59 AM

6,378 posts, read 5,494,209 times
"oh...you thought I meant we were just going to Make America Great Again....let me tell you ....and nobody else will admit it....but let me tell you.....we're gonna make the Great Depression Great again!....Those 1930's won't know what hit them...I know A LOT about the Great Depression...a whole lot....and I'll tell ya....Trump's Great Depression is going to be Greater and Depressionier than ever...you won't even believe it!"

Old 02-05-2017, 09:35 AM

Quote:
It was well known what they were doing. The government, the bankers, the regulators were all in bed together.
Individual government representatives, individual bankers & individual regulators were all pursuing their own best interests, is that right?

Quote:
Did someone forget to say 'abracadabra'? Is that why the magical principle didn't work?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies