U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2017, 06:01 PM

3,226 posts, read 1,601,049 times

Advertisements

UC would lose $9 billion for research, healthcare, education if Trump cut federal funds - LA Times

It looks like California is very dependent on federal funding to their higher education campuses.

It is amazing how much of a welfare state higher education is also when one university system gets 9 billion dollars in federal welfare money.

It also reinforces the fact that higher education is in a massive bubble right now and is dependent on federal government to continue.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2017, 06:09 PM

28,977 posts, read 15,240,665 times
Cut it off.

If they want the university to be a political organization, that's fine, but not with public funds.

Old 02-03-2017, 06:19 PM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,608 posts, read 730,322 times
I don't understand it...why wasn't it cut like yesterday and the traiors hauled off to jail?

https://www.google.com/search?q=undocumented+and+unafraid&safe=off&biw=15 48&bih=710&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiL 64voofXRAhUBVSYKHUFrBEwQ_AUICCgB

The dems are importing Muslims and illegals to garner their vote. Combine the Muslims, illegals, homosexuals and the ignorant dem stooges and they see the light at the end of the tunnel. The fascist dems are a sick bunch that will sell out the USA...just for a vote.

Any cutting needs to be done for a 2 year minimum and I mean right now. Don't screw with these idiots. Trump is a puss, they are lucky I'm not in charge...I go Philippino on them.

Old 02-03-2017, 06:46 PM

14,099 posts, read 11,548,284 times
The "higher education system" is VERY dependent on federal money. And a great percentage of them are indeed just leftist think tanks and indoctrination institutions. Particularly in CA. It really shouldn't be the way of things to allow federal funds to be used in such a manner as CA universities do,and many others as well. I'm willing to bet a lot of fed funds has been diverted to ward cleaning up the messes these "protests" create. That, in addition to funding "studies" of very dubious value to anyone but the ones conducting them. Breeding habits of the little fly that eats coyote cookies and such, and of course lots of politically motivated stuff skewed toward leftist agendas.

If they had to fund all that bilge without our tax dollars, oh my. I can hear the howling about suppression of free thinking and ideas already. And if the messes from the resulting protests had to be cleaned up all on internal school funds it rises to a din.

Old 02-03-2017, 07:01 PM

10,931 posts, read 4,979,727 times
This is not going to happen. You guys have no idea what you're talking about.

Old 02-03-2017, 07:14 PM

32,532 posts, read 30,504,647 times
Only Trump would be stupid enough to cut off federal money that is used, in the UC system, for scientific and medical research. Including the Cancer Moon Shot.

Old 02-03-2017, 07:23 PM

66,046 posts, read 33,473,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post

That is what was said, when we told you Trump would be the Republican Nominee.

Tell Trump he cannot accomplish that and he seems to be determined to prove them wrong.

Old 02-03-2017, 07:25 PM

66,046 posts, read 33,473,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Only Trump would be stupid enough to cut off federal money that is used, in the UC system, for scientific and medical research. Including the Cancer Moon Shot.

Use and transfer that funding to another place of higher education, without social justice and gender studies.

Old 02-03-2017, 07:29 PM

15,243 posts, read 5,098,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Cut it off.

If they want the university to be a political organization, that's fine, but not with public funds.
I guess Trumps feels that since his college failed why not screw all of them!

Old 02-03-2017, 07:43 PM

14,099 posts, read 11,548,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post

I will admit that I've seen funding used for good things at one CA university. UC Davis .In both medical and veterinary sciences. If I had a choice of hospital I could go to right now for help with the debilitating conditions plaguing me, I wouldn't hesitate to put that place on my short list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or