Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2017, 12:35 PM

1,188 posts, read 958,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybirddie View Post
You are absolutely right. It is getting old. So lets get him out and put a real, sane president in the Whitehouse and it will all quiet down to a normal tone.
Even if Donald Trump were bat**** insane, that doesn't mean it's rational to go bat**** insane over the fact. The U.S. has survived through plenty of insane presidents. Remember that Ronald Reagan was completely demented during his 2 terms, believed that he fought in WWII when in fact he acted in a WWII movie.

Personally, I'm not afraid of Trump. I'm more afraid that people in his administration who are setting foreign policy. All these ultimatums to Iran, China, Russia, etc. could turn into a war. Bill Clinton's wife would've been more likely to drag us into a war, however.

Old 02-04-2017, 12:43 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,311,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybirddie View Post
You are absolutely right. It is getting old. So lets get him out and put a real, sane president in the Whitehouse and it will all quiet down to a normal tone.

This is not a Left, Right, or Center issue. This is not normal. Name any republican with some experience and most of us would shut up.
Please, the latest Republican president is always the worst one EVER, and makes people yearn for those other, better Republicans.

"Man, I hated Nixon, but this guy Reagan, he's NUTS, and was an actor, what is the hell is this? At least Nixon was a politician..."

"Now I know I hated Reagan, but come on, he was an actor, he was from California, that's cool. This W. Bush, he's a born-again Christian from Texas, he sounds like an idiot, Reagan was waaay better than him...."

"Now I know that I hated George W. Bush so much that it hurt, but man, this is different. Trump, ohmygodwhatthehellTrumpahahahahahahhhh! Any other Republican but him!!!"

"Now I know what I said about Trump. But you know, he was from New York City, he wasn't very religious or anything, he wasn't so bad. So he talked a lot of trash, big deal. But this latest Republican, oh my GOD, this *****, is the worst EVER! I miss Trump!"

Old 02-04-2017, 12:49 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,326,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Please, the latest Republican president is always the worst one EVER, and makes people yearn for those other, better Republicans.
Trump isn't a Republican, so that makes no sense. And there was no similar outrage against any previous U.S. president, so that also makes no sense. And there was no President in history as unpopular as Trump, so further nonsense.

Bush II looks like Einstein compared to Trump. He would be a dream President right now.

Old 02-04-2017, 12:53 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,311,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Trump isn't a Republican, so that makes no sense. And there was no similar outrage against any previous U.S. president, so that also makes no sense. And there was no President in history as unpopular as Trump, so further nonsense.

Bush II looks like Einstein compared to Trump. He would be a dream President right now.
Uh...........you do realize that what you just wrote backs up what I said, right? Even though you seem to think that you're arguing with me.

Old 02-04-2017, 12:56 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,621,220 times
The Orange Clown is making the US look like a bunch of fools! He'd better tone it down. He needs to act more presidential.....

Old 02-04-2017, 12:59 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,821,941 times
Every left wing nut needs to get his or her 2 cents in.

Old 02-04-2017, 01:07 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,326,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
West European leftists gonna b!t#h and whine. It's how they do.
Um, almost every Western European country has a center-right wing leader. Welcome to 2017.

And they all hate Trump too.

Old 02-04-2017, 01:11 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,887,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
OP here.

I forgot to mention something: National Public Radio is writing 50+ anti-Trump articles per day. During the campaign it was around 20/day, but they've upped it to 50/day. Of course, not much has changed over the past few months; the stock market is up a little and we put one of Obama's travel/immigration restrictions into effect. Like I said, lots of outrage over nothing.
Really? Odd I can't find these 50+ anti-Trump stories on NPR's website, then. Can you tell me where to locate them? They don't seem to be coming out of my radio, either...even after I changed the batteries and checked all three of my area NPR stations. Hmmm....

Old 02-04-2017, 01:13 PM

51,648 posts, read 25,785,636 times
For those who are growing weary of the opposition to Trump, this may help put things into perspective for you.

63 million Americans voted for Trump because:

- Trump promised to get the Wall Street influence out of the WH. Funny, you don't hear as about that Goldman Sachs speech as you used to.

- They hated Clinton with a passion and would have voted for Darth Varder just so she'd lose.

- Trump promised to turn back the hands of time and get back the low-skilled, union-wage jobs that technology and automation did away with. Good luck with that.

- Trump promised to impose import tariffs to force companies to bring their manufacturing back to the U.S.

- Trump promised to build that wall and who was going to pay for it? Mexico.

- Trump promised to repeal Obamacare. Though to be fair, some did not realize that Obamacare and ACA were one in the same.

161 Americans did not vote for Trump or any of the above. (66 million voted for Clinton. 95 million did not vote.)

So there you have it.

More than twice as many did not vote for Trump or his policies, he has done nothing to win them over, and an increasing number of these 161 million Americans are becoming alarmed at his madcap approach to international diplomacy.

For those who are growing weary of the opposition to Trump, you may want catch a nap here and there as it is unlikely to go away any time soon.

Old 02-04-2017, 01:14 PM

51,648 posts, read 25,785,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Really? Odd I can't find these 50+ anti-Trump stories on NPR's website, then. Can you tell me where to locate them? They don't seem to be coming out of my radio, either...even after I changed the batteries and checked all three of my area NPR stations. Hmmm....
More alt-facts from the alt-right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.