Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 02:05 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
The countries you listed are the same countries Obama is working toward wars with.

Of course, according to many Hillary supporters, Trump will starts ww3
That's what I was thinking. Haven't we been "working towards war" with Iran since the 70s? And with North Korea since, I don't know, the 50s, when we actually were at war with them? Donald Trump's going to get the blame for all of the ills of the world, I guess.

Old 02-04-2017, 02:05 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,712,713 times
"This anti-Trump outrage is starting to get old"

I'm sure liberals said the same thing about Obama in 2008.

Old 02-04-2017, 02:08 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,284,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
The countries you listed are the same countries Obama is working toward wars with.

Of course, according to many Hillary supporters, Trump will starts ww3

Newsflash bud, Obama isn't POTUS and we did NOT get into any wars with them under Obama .

Old 02-04-2017, 02:09 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,036 times
Get used to the Anti-Trump tirade of our Pravda media. It will continue until Trump is out of office, just like the media's "look the other way" blackout of any information not favorable to Obama continued for 8 straight years.

Old 02-04-2017, 02:10 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,284,357 times
Much of America and the world regards Trump as a disgusting mental midget xenophobic asswipe who doesn't know the first thing about politics or statesmanship.

Get used to it. That opinion of him isn't likely to change anytime soon .

Old 02-04-2017, 02:10 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,789 times
I always find it hilarious when people say they didn't protest Obama like this.
Gee...I wonder why

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
Even if Donald Trump were bat**** insane, that doesn't mean it's rational to go bat**** insane over the fact. The U.S. has survived through plenty of insane presidents. Remember that Ronald Reagan was completely demented during his 2 terms, believed that he fought in WWII when in fact he acted in a WWII movie.

Personally, I'm not afraid of Trump. I'm more afraid that people in his administration who are setting foreign policy. All these ultimatums to Iran, China, Russia, etc. could turn into a war. Bill Clinton's wife would've been more likely to drag us into a war, however.
But how many were this bad? Even the ones in history did not show to be this ill tempered.
Also even if some of them were insane and they survived through them, it doesn't mean we should again. To do so is going backward. We should be moving forward and learn from history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
He's not popular on an international scale. Might it occur to you that when this many in the world are against him then it might be an issue, either the world is full of mostly liberals or there is a very good reason. He is a danger to America and a danger to the future of the planet. You may think I speak in hyperbole but this is serious. No offense to this crowd but I do not see many of you caring about anything else except that T is going to keep out the Mexicans and Muslims. Very small minded and short sited. Luckily this site does not speak for the majority of Americans!

Mhmm I don't believe in popularity generally but this lack of popularity is very concerning particularly for a public figure. The fact that he has less people who like him than even me as a disabled loner speaks volumes. Something's really not right with this picture. The only people that support him are people who he pays or the naive laymen crowd who often excuses everything he does. Based on what you see, it appears even his own wife is not happy with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterlily Pad View Post
Exactly!

President Trump is an outsider, which is what the majority of clear minded hard working Americans need. The only reason he is being attacked left and right (figuratively and literally), is that he is anti-establishment. Republican party isn't helping him much, obviously.

In the past, no matter it's democract or epublican parties, both of them play the same game, completely taking advantage of middle income American citizens, enriching the super power (those super powers are of no citizenship to any countries, they are their own royal groups), while taming the poor so the poor are fed and contented, so they wouldn't torch up their mansions and castles.

This is why the rich celebrities and corporations all pretend to be on the side of poor, disadvantaged, mentally illed, drugged, and law breakers. Because the know if they keep attacking the good hard working people for not opening their homes and yards and wallets to anyone who want them, the rich themselves will be deemed noble and never be attacked!

Very sick scheme.

I'm an outsider and I couldn't possibly dislike him more so this is bull. You can be anti-establishment to a point but if you live in capitalist America you can't be 100 percent.
He hired the establishment in his cabinet picks anyway so he's a hypocrite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Trump isn't a Republican, so that makes no sense. And there was no similar outrage against any previous U.S. president, so that also makes no sense. And there was no President in history as unpopular as Trump, so further nonsense.

Bush II looks like Einstein compared to Trump. He would be a dream President right now.
I loved Bush. He was a terrible president but his humor and warm demeanor made my day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Mark my words, boss, we'll be hearing one day about how Trump wasn't so bad. Get an evangelical Christian from Alabama or someplace in the White House, and people will be dreaming about the days when a socially moderate/liberal New Yorker was the president.
Well you obviously won't be hearing that from me as a generally non political person. I can't imagine anyone being worse. Even if they were I will never forget how much I disliked him. I'll just be like "well thankfully he's not president anymore"

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post

Third, I suspect that at least some of the violent protesters were hired by the Trump camp or well-heeled organizations that support Trump. Yes. I said that.
The guy is a billionaire who displays to have greed and obsession with popularity. It's very possible he hired people in an effort to make more money/friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Trump is totally unprecedented by any standard, and if it is getting old to you now, you are are in for a LONG 4 years. I have seen 11 Presidents in my lifetime, and while I didn't agree with all of their positions and agendas, I never doubted that I could trust them with the nuclear codes or with the security of the nation, or had to worry that they would undermine or destroy relationships with our key allies.

Trump is a totally different animal - if you think this is a "liberal" versus "conservative" push-back, you need to open your eyes. This conflict is about VALUES, not politics. Trump's character and behavior is totally out of synch with the average American in the heartland. He really has no political affiliation and that is what makes him so dangerous.

Americans are a stubborn and tenacious lot. Americans do not take kindly to being conned. Trump and his hardline followers are in for a rough ride - as we all are.

Some people are so obsessed with politics that they sadly fail to see this is completely different than any other president. I don't understand at all how they could not come to this conclusion. Explain to me why I sorely dislike him and find him so unqualified to be president when I'm not a political person (I might vote but I only discussed politics in a small degree and often lead threads early out of boredom) I miss when I was bored with politics. I guess it's good to pay attention but it wouldn't normally be necessary to be this attentive.

Old 02-04-2017, 02:11 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
It's illogical to say that the eligible voters who sat out this election are anti-Trump. Trump's approval rating is about 45%. Which means that if you had a room of 20 random Americans who are politically opinionated, there would only be 2 more anti-Trumpers than pro-Trumpers. That is the same level of support that Obama had during some points of his administration (his approval was in the 40s at times). Trump has been in office for less than 3 weeks, way too short of a time to make any conclusions about what his 4 years in office will be like, especially since he has zero political convictions and changes his mind on a dime. It doesn't even make sense to talk about the "Trump administration" since it will definitely change a lot. Remember that he likes to fire people and that he went through 3 different campaign managers in 2016.

Let's go over this again. This has nothing to do with Obama's approval rating or Harry S. Truman's either for that matter.

This is about how the numbers indicate a clear majority of Americans are not in the Trump camp and thus the opposition is unlikely to drift away any time soon.

Given how passionate Trump supporters are, it is unrealistic to imagine that there were many Trump supporters who were too apathetic to actually show up and vote. Some Trump supporters were so supportive they voted twice. One in Texas and another one in Ohio.

It is unlikely that very many of the 95 million who didn't vote were his supporters. Probably more complacent or of the I-don't-like-Trump-but-I-don't-like-Clinton-either outlook.

I did not write that these 95 million were anti-Trump, just that they were not pro-Trump and he has done little to win them over.

Still means 161 million eligible voters did not vote for Trump and his policies and thus have nothing invested in him or his policies.

CBS News poll of 2/1, 2/2 has Trump’s approval rating at 40 percent. Which means that in a room full of 100 people, only 40 approve of what he's doing.

The other 60 either disapprove or are still making up their minds.

This is why the protests, the calls to Congress... are likely to continue.

Old 02-04-2017, 05:00 PM

5,067 posts, read 2,278,237 times
For everyone who seems to think that no one outside the US likes Trump... the same thing is happening in England as is happening here. The protesters are getting the lion's share of the media attention, but there are plenty of people who are not opposed to Trump.

Take a look at this video of PM Theresa May and Labour Party's Jeremy Corbyn. He's upset that she hasn't bowed down to those who've petitioned to deny Trump a state visit. (I personally don't think it needs to happen now, as it never has happened this soon for any other president, but that's a different topic.) She's very well aware that even though a 'yuge' number of people have signed the petition, they don't represent the entire country. Listen, also, to all those behind her that are in agreement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yddV0zOww9E

Old 02-05-2017, 12:24 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
No worries about that one or any other in San Diego. San Francisco or Los Angeles will go way before us.
You have no way of knowing that.

Local earthquake faults can be very destructive, and would be especially destructive to the parts of Pacific Beach that are built on landfill dredged out of Mission Bay.

When the ground turns to quicksand, buildings collapse, water mains are broken, sewer lines are broken, gas mains are broken....

But back to the subject of this thread....

The anti-Trumps are now happy that they can take "revenge" on the Trump supporters who dissed Obama, just as the anti-Obama's were happy that they could take revenge on the Obama supporters who dissed Bush, just as the anti-Bush's were happy that they could take revenge on the Bush supporters who dissed Clinton, just as the anti-Clintons were happy that they could take revenge on the Clinton supporters who dissed the first Bush and Reagan, etc., etc.

But just as the anti-Trumps are happy that they can take "revenge" on Trump supporters by dissing Trump, they get to bend over and get their rubber gloved rectal treatment from the new president.

It's pretty clear who's winning here.

Old 02-05-2017, 12:31 AM

7,654 posts, read 5,115,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Thank God I don't live in the same state you do. The right is an abomination. Let's just get it over with and divide once and for all.
Republicans are not just going to give up prime coastal areas, any fractured union will involove a major civil war for control of ocean ports. Liberals wont get to keep coastal lands in a real civil war. Coastal land is far too valuable for trade and commerse if the USA were to form multiple nations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies