Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 04:12 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times

Advertisements

Should have polled in states like Texas that are directly affected by mass Illegal Immigration.
I have a feeling there would be a 70% approval for that wall. Even among the Hispanic Texans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2017, 04:16 PM

6,224 posts, read 3,408,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Should have polled in states like Texas that are directly affected by mass Illegal Immigration.
I have a feeling there would be a 70% approval for that wall. Even among the Hispanic Texans.
I think you are right...considering the illegal aliens that are crossing the border now are low balling the illegal aliens completing for wages who are already here.

Old 02-04-2017, 05:47 PM

62,944 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Why does Trump and Co think that our borders are an unrestricted open door? There's still vetting. You can't just walk into the country and set up shop without some paperwork.
Illegal aliens don't get vetted.

Old 02-04-2017, 05:50 PM

62,944 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Wasn't the wall approved by Reagan when he gave amnesty to million of Illegals aliens if Democrats who controlled congress at the time would fund building the wall....which they didn't.

The Secure Fence act was passed in 2006. The Democrats did promise to secure the border though under Reagan's amnesty and they didn't.

Old 02-04-2017, 05:56 PM

24,490 posts, read 17,226,594 times
I don't believe any polls anymore.

The only concern about the wall is the cost of it. There is no doubt that we need to keep out those who are trying to break in and especially those who have already been deported. Maybe this can be done by upping the patrols and increasing the use of electronics to alert the border patrol that people are coming in and where instead of building a very expensive wall.
We just had a local case where a guy was deported 10 years ago and he was just arrested for raping a 13 year old girl.

The only ones calling the immigration pause a ban are those who oppose it. What is wrong with taking a second look at people who are coming from dangerous places of the world where the sentiment on the street is "death to America" ?

Old 02-04-2017, 06:42 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Why the Texan Republican who represents the border doesn’t want a wall

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politi...rd-border-wall

Not Many People On The Border Really Want Donald Trump’s Wall

Not Many People On The Border Really Want Donald Trump

Most Texans oppose Donald Trump's plan to build a border wall, new poll says

Most Texans oppose Donald Trump's plan to build a border wall, new poll says | Politics | Dallas News

Old 02-04-2017, 06:45 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
I wonder of liberals will even learn that biased polls don't mean s-h-i-t.

President Trump, the Republican Congress, Republican Senate and soon Republican Supreme Court now run our country....and you can keep publishing these cooked polls about how unloved they all are until the net election when Republicans win a super majority of Senators.

Old 02-04-2017, 07:13 PM

381 posts, read 177,234 times
Our President ran on a platform of securing our borders and reforming immigration and was voted in. That says enough about the level of support for these issues. I've read the comments on the articles by the average American, and I would say the majority support taking action on these issues.

Old 02-04-2017, 07:21 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,179,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I knew that sanity still prevailed in this country. God Bless America.

Most Voters Disapprove of Trump
Majority of Americans Majority of Americans Dissaprove of Southern Wall, Immigration Ban & Syrian Refugee Ban of Southern Wall, Immigration Ban & Syrian Refugee Ban

Agree with you that a majority of Americans living in CA, and NY Dissaprove (disapprove)

Old 02-04-2017, 07:36 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Majority of Americans Majority of Americans Dissaprove of Southern Wall, Immigration Ban & Syrian Refugee Ban of Southern Wall, Immigration Ban & Syrian Refugee Ban

Agree with you that a majority of Americans living in CA, and NY Dissaprove (disapprove)

Agreed-

Liberals are very myopic; like all totalitarians, they cannot accept (nor even imagine) views that disagree with thier own. All tyrants think this way.

Liberalism = Fascism

PS- Most Americans (even taking CA, NY, MA, NJ, OR, and WA into account) want the border wall.

Liberals, of course, will oppose anything that is beneficial to the US, as they hate the US. Liberalism is a suicidal cult, in which destruction of one's culture, nation, and individual rights is celebrated not as being an idiot, but being "progressive".

Sometimes being an idiot is just being an idiot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies