Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 07:20 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times

Advertisements

It's sad we even need a law for this type of thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2017, 07:20 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Be careful what you wish for, think about it.
It was in jest. A buddy in med school told me how his gynecological rotation was the most disgusting thing anyone could go through.

Old 02-04-2017, 07:22 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,997,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Be careful what you wish for, think about it.
He can have the first of the month shift!

Old 02-04-2017, 07:22 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The federal government has ZERO business being involved in such issues. The end.
Agreed, and this might be the first time that's happened.

Old 02-04-2017, 07:24 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Dibs on checking the women's restroom!
Ok, but you may be stationed at a truckstop in the middle of nowhere.
Remember large Marge the truck driver?

Old 02-04-2017, 07:24 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
We've never had an issue. Why create problems when there are enough to deal with.

Smaller govt. is the goal -- I don't care who you voted for. More laws about lifestyle choices is not the way to go.

Old 02-04-2017, 07:28 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
Obama has left America in a terribly confused state. You would have thought this issue would have been settled in kindergarten.

Should federal law settle the confused state of the dems? If you got a penis, use the men's bathroom, if you got a vagina, use the women's bathroom. Agreed?
No.

All the stuff over which bathroom to use is stupid.

Use the same rules Society has always used, if you look more like a dude you use the men's bathroom if you look more like a chick you use the woman's bathroom ......and 99.99% of people won't even notice or care.

Old 02-04-2017, 07:41 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
We've never had an issue. Why create problems when there are enough to deal with.

Smaller govt. is the goal -- I don't care who you voted for. More laws about lifestyle choices is not the way to go.
Here's the thing...

This is an issue that needs addressing and I'll explain why with a simple question.

Would you, if you were a parent, be comfortable with your daughter going to the ladies room, with a potential pedophile dressed in drag with or without a modern phone to peep?

I wouldn't.

This is something that's overlooked... Before you go off the hook think about it...
It's common sense. We live in days where just about everyone has a soap box and is a victim of something, and days of all time lows that criminals will go. You're leaving the door open to new issues...

And where are the feminists screaming outrage over this?

Or is this the hypocrisy of "tolerance and equality"?

^Legitimate questions...

Old 02-04-2017, 07:46 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Here's the thing...

This is an issue that needs addressing and I'll explain why with a simple question.

Would you, if you were a parent, be comfortable with your daughter going to the ladies room, with a potential pedophile dressed in drag with or without a modern phone to peep?

I wouldn't.

This is something that's overlooked... Before you go off the hook think about it...
It's common sense. We live in days where just about everyone has a soap box and is a victim of something, and days of all time lows that criminals will go. You're leaving the door open to new issues...

^Legitimate questions...

So, how do you enforce this law?

I'm a Conservative. ...but it always amazes me how conservatives say they want less laws and regulations but then will advocate something as ridiculous and unenforceable as a bathroom law.

Old 02-04-2017, 07:47 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,094,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Here's the thing...

I wouldn't.

^Legitimate questions...
Think. This has not been a problem, so it does not need a solution.

It's just another attack on people who are different than the norm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies