Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 12:37 PM

99 posts, read 44,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Sorry, but the Constitution says it is Pence, anything else would lead to war.
Casper.. we are not talking about who the next president would be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2017, 12:39 PM

733 posts, read 351,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybirddie View Post
Evan Mc Mullin? I have been following him on Twitter. Smart dude with good ideas.

We must start putting Country before Party.

I forgot about him. I agreed with him on some issues. I'll have to look at his postings.

Old 02-04-2017, 12:40 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,902,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Not at all. It is an honest, legitimate question. Right now the movement is scattered, it needs someone to unite it. Bernie and Obama are the two most logical choices, as they have the respect of so many people, both are strong leaders, and articulate speakers.

If either one became involved, it would lend credibility and cohesiveness to the movement.
There is no movement. More progressive lies.

Old 02-04-2017, 12:40 PM

11,120 posts, read 5,582,785 times
The only person i see in the long chain of presidential succession, who is capable of leading, is Gen. Mattis.

Old 02-04-2017, 12:45 PM

1,438 posts, read 778,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Donald J. Trump

The rest are puppets, being led by big global money.
Trump is led by big global money. He just gave Wall Street a sweetheart deal, getting rid of regulations that were put in place to avoid another financial crisis like 2008 and his kids are traveling all over the world making business deals with foreign governments.

Old 02-04-2017, 12:59 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,476,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Donald J. Trump

The rest are puppets, being led by big global money.
The sad thing is you have no appreciation for the absolute irony of your statement. Unbelievable.

Old 02-04-2017, 01:16 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,327,898 times
Why would anyone want Obama to lead? Under President Obama, Democrats have lost over 900 state legislature seats, 12 governors, 69 House seats, 13 Senate seats. Republicans control the House , the Senate, the presidency and could easily make the supreme court conservative for a generation. The GOP now controls historical record number of governors and on and on. This is an absolute train wreck

Old 02-04-2017, 01:20 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 16 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,524,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Obama wants none of what I want. I wanted the banks busted. Obama made them stronger. I wanted the bankers prosecuted. He made them richer and more powerful. I want the wars stopped. He expanded them.

What exactly is Obama supposed to do? Argue about bathrooms again?
If you can name the specific legislation and how it did any of that, I will agree with you...... go.

Old 02-04-2017, 01:21 PM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Trump is our leader. Get used to it.

So you want a greasy in line politician, no thanks.
What reason is there to believe a greasy con-man is any better?

Old 02-04-2017, 01:23 PM

10,226 posts, read 7,573,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Right now, there are people all over the country and the world protesting Donald Trump's Presidency. A lot of these events have been huge, but, for the most part, there is no cohesiveness to these calls for him to be removed. There is no single leader who has stepped forward to try to unite all of these groups into one.

Just like Dr. Martin King came forward and led the movement to gain equality for his people, we need someone strong like him to come forward and unify and lead us. Could it be Bernie Sanders ? Maybe Barack Obama ? I realize that normally a past President simply goes into the shadows after an election, but these are not normal times or normal circumstances.

Personally, I think either Sanders or Obama would be perfect choices, if they would only choose to take this on. Obama has to be fuming, seeing the injustices being done through this stupid immigrant ban, even people who are legal immigrants are being detained. It needs to stop, and someone has to step forward.
Nooooooo. Not gonna happen.

Trump is the President. Period. Obama's out of it, now. He's looking forward to his retirement years and the ability to make a ton of money and relax, like all former Presidents.

Sanders will probably do what he can on certain issues.

But Trump is the leader, since he's the President. Or do you mean leader of the Dem. Party? That's a different issue. I don't see a current leader. Schumer doesn't fit the bill, for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies