Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 07:04 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,449,162 times

Advertisements

Just wait until Lady Gaga makes this sporting event into a political arena. I'm sure she will not let this slide. Expecting a Trump assault at half time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2017, 07:12 AM

13,673 posts, read 8,978,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Just wait until Lady Gaga makes this sporting event into a political arena. I'm sure she will not let this slide. Expecting a Trump assault at half time.
I hope she doesn't become political. If she does, then the NFL must rethink the halftime activities.

I will watch a bit of the game, but only to keep my streak going, since I have watched all, or part, of each of the previous 50 Super Bowls. My enthusiasm for the game was dampened way back in 1980 or so (the player's strike), and never fully recovered. It is now a game played by millionaires, on teams owned by billionaires, in stadiums often paid for by unwilling taxpayers.

Of course, I also lost my enthusiasm for college football when they disbanded the Southwest conference and screwed with the bowl games.

Such is life.

Old 02-05-2017, 07:18 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,496,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
No. But because I can't stand New England sports fans. Arrogant, elitist and obnoxious.
Why......thank you. We love that we annoy you enough to make post something like this.

It gives us a laugh.

Go Pats.

Old 02-05-2017, 07:18 AM

17,702 posts, read 13,565,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
You wouldn't believe how many people i've spoken to that will be rooting against the Patriots. All because of Tom Brady's support for Trump---Even my own Uncle. And i'm located in Massachusetts. So much for free speech.
I bet you will be rooting for Colin Kaepernick's team when they make the Super Bowl.

Old 02-05-2017, 07:24 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,496,651 times
Quote:
You wouldn't believe how many people i've spoken to that will be rooting against the Patriots. All because of Tom Brady's support for Trump---Even my own Uncle. And i'm located in Massachusetts. So much for free speech.
Right. You know streets are going to be empty with the exception of NFL widows.

You know this will be true. So your thread and sentiment here is a collosal fail.

Go Pats. From a liberal.

Old 02-05-2017, 07:25 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,886,284 times
Won't watch because FOX network is censoring the Super Bowl ads.

Old 02-05-2017, 07:27 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,215,255 times
Quote:
I sense a little jealousy. Could it be that he's sleeping with a former Victoria Secret model.
Half of Hollywood is.

Old 02-05-2017, 07:33 AM

67,652 posts, read 60,572,966 times
Quote:
Good grief, I hope she keeps her political opinions to herself. I am so sick and tired of celebrities thinking it's ever so important to make political statements.

And I'm rooting for the Falcons. That has NOTHING to do with politics. It's FOOTBALL for pete's sake!

Besides that, I'm tired of the Patriots AND Tom Brady.

RISE UP, FALCONS!

Old 02-05-2017, 07:36 AM

1,194 posts, read 724,158 times
Quote:
I bet you will be rooting for Colin Kaepernick's team when they make the Super Bowl.
I doubt they'll ever reach the super bowl If Colin Kaepernick remains their QB.

Old 02-05-2017, 07:37 AM

11,185 posts, read 10,960,959 times
Quote:
Let's see if she takes the high road. I will have a lot of respect for her if she just entertains and does not go into a political rant. I would rather have multiple "wardrobe malfunctions" than even one entertainer of either political affiliation spout their opinions during a sporting event.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies