Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2017, 12:30 PM

5,295 posts, read 2,335,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunion Powder View Post
We came by it honestly.
I like your username...

Old 02-06-2017, 12:31 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,736,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
If African Americans worked on becoming the best parents and mentors to their children, if they turned their back on welfare and became the hardest workers with the best work ethic NONE of these perceived problems would be a problem any longer.

If they were smart they would get together and tell the gov to stick their welfare where the sun don't shine and demand opportunities to earn their own money.

Like the Tuskeegee Airmen did in WWII. Work harder, study harder and practice your skills and make people request your services because you are the best. Not because they have to to fill some quota.
Blah blah blah, and you can do all of that stuff and still get discriminated against.

For example, in this post you just said all black people are lazy and are on welfare.....

I know this is really hard for you to believe, but I am black, my parents are still married, they both went to college (as did some of my grandparents) and we have never been on welfare.

So how much harder should I work, 2x harder than my peers? 3x harder? 10x? Where does it stop?

Old 02-06-2017, 12:37 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,747,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
If African Americans worked on becoming the best parents and mentors to their children, if they turned their back on welfare and became the hardest workers with the best work ethic NONE of these perceived problems would be a problem any longer.

If they were smart they would get together and tell the gov to stick their welfare where the sun don't shine and demand opportunities to earn their own money.

Like the Tuskeegee Airmen did in WWII. Work harder, study harder and practice your skills and make people request your services because you are the best. Not because they have to to fill some quota.
I personally believe minorities will continue to struggle in this country until whites themselves become the functional minority. The oppressors have to lose rank. That's the natural order of things.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:05 PM

37,940 posts, read 17,754,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Prove to me they did? Exactly you have no proof. You assumed that if they were black they didn't earn it.

If Affirmative Action was so prevalent, and so impactful, black unemployment would not be constantly hovering at 2x white unemployment since the 1890s.
Incorrect. Up until the late 1920s black unemployment was lower than or similar to white unemployment. Up until 1940-1945 the difference wasn't large, after that it grew.

https://people.ucsc.edu/~rfairlie/pa...acialUnemp.pdf

Old 02-06-2017, 01:06 PM

37,940 posts, read 17,754,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunion Powder View Post
I personally believe minorities will continue to struggle in this country until whites themselves become the functional minority. The oppressors have to lose rank. That's the natural order of things.
White people are oppressors. Good to see your racism out in the open.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:09 PM

19 posts, read 9,309 times
Jim Crow ended in the late 60's and early 70's in some parts of the south. Maybe pick up a book and get educated before saying something so idiotic. Many people are still around that were born in the 50's and 60's that personally experienced Jim Crow. Save your privilege for someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
If you personally experienced that, you must be very, very, very old.

Very.

Credibility: ZERO

Old 02-06-2017, 01:10 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,318,267 times
what a thread?

-I saw somebody compare the black American experience to jews in Russia. On a very basic level its just not even smart to compare two different circumstances. I know people desperately want to act like other groups made it through the same, but clearly not the same. There are other threads and people smarter than me that can explain why chattel slavery was just a whole new level of continuous evil.

-One guy said black Americans are the most racist people on the planet...it's called reaction, buddy. And make sure you add a few hundred years of context behind that statement.

-people still can't even debate anything black without framing it in a crime rate stance, like the North Texas guy. The OP and the topic was about a black family that tried to literally not be stereotypes and they were still running into the same racist roadblocks. The whole model minority thing is a farce because as one poster already stated he couldn't tell the difference between "good blacks" and "hood rats". People just see color.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:13 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,275,305 times
Yes black people. Everything bad that happens to you is because you are black.

If you were white none of it would happen to you.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:20 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,318,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iposted View Post
Yeah but white people who do and sell drugs don't do it on street corners in residential areas in broad daylight, and whites involved in drugs do not kill or rob as much as blacks involved in drugs do. I can take you to a street corner in a mostly black area where I used to live near in my city. On the block you'll spot 15-20 crackheads at any given time, all of them black. A few crack dealers, also black. A few prostitutes, black. And random thugs that roam the area. They do this in broad daylight in front of the police all day every day, all of them black along with random bums trying to sell you stolen electronics.

Drinking in public, smoking weed and crack in public, arguing, fistfights, etc. every week there's a shooting. Last year in 2 separate instances a 4 year old and a 70 year old were killed by stray bullets. Blacks who use and sell drugs are targeted by police because of the problems some of them bring that can't be ignored, the violence.

White druggies call there white dealer who doesn't even own a gun, has a job and goes to college, and get stoned watching TV at the house. So do a lot of black druggies too, but too many black druggies and dealers are in the streets and bring violence and robberies to the game. This is why they are targeted.
Like I said, if there was a war on drugs and it targeted everybody they would just go dorm room to dorm room across America racking up drug cases on white kids. The point being they would go find these people like they do with black people. The police go into black neighborhoods, they "stop and frisk", they pull black people over at higher rates, etc...they target a certain group. They don't target whites for drug crimes, even when it's been proven that many use at the same rates, if not higher rates.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:24 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,480,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
Like I said, if there was a war on drugs and it targeted everybody they would just go dorm room to dorm room across America racking up drug cases on white kids. The point being they would go find these people like they do with black people. The police go into black neighborhoods, they "stop and frisk", they pull black people over at higher rates, etc...they target a certain group. They don't target whites for drug crimes, even when it's been proven that many use at the same rates, if not higher rates.
They would need a warranty with strong probably cause for each dorm.

Black people aren't being pulled over because they are black.

Here, I give you all of these - assuming all you said were true, how can you explain the disproportionately high murder rate among blacks? Dead people don't lie.

Are you going to tell me that black people don't commit murder at that rate, a huge percentage of the black murderers were falsely convicted because they are black?

Here lies the issue: black people don't think they actually have a problem and all of their "problems" are caused by systematic racist which only black people know to exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.