Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 07:09 AM

12,202 posts, read 7,221,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
I have demonstrated proof of weaknesses by Saudi Arabia and Pakistan. Please provide proof that they have gotten better.
What proof did you provide?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2017, 07:11 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,469,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
It doesn't matter. I just think that people that don't care about terrorism and criticizing the people that do care, should experience it first hand. They'll change their tune real fast, assuming they live through it.
Just as I thought. Dying in a terrorist attack is more important to you than being gunned down in a church, a school or a movie theater. Those victims mean nothing to you.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:12 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,651,742 times
Quote:
What proof did you provide?
Somebody said something like, ''but, but, that was 16 years ago''.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Just as I thought. Dying in a terrorist attack is more important to you than being gunned down in a church, a school or a movie theater. Those victims mean nothing to you.
Typical liberal tactics. Putting words in others' mouths. Where did I say terrorist attacks are more important?

Old 02-06-2017, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
Somebody said something like, ''but, but, that was 16 years ago''.
What part of "progress" do you not understand? Things get improved upon over time, especially when there is a cause for improving something, in this case, a terrorist attack like 9/11.

Before 9/11, there was no such thing as TSA's and pilot's doors were not locked. Things change and new rules are implemented.

It is not unreasonable to think that Saudi and Pakistani ID'ing systems today are better than they were in 2008 and that the 2008 systems were better than the ones in 2005 and so on.

Why is that so difficult for liberals to understand? Is there a mental block in leftist brains?

Old 02-06-2017, 07:23 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,651,742 times
No proof. Nothing but thin air.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:36 AM

2,411 posts, read 1,975,037 times
The real danger is in the long term, not the short term. And it is not really even about 'vetting' ... it is about 'flow rate' and scope. Sure, we 'could' (and probably will) have terrorist events (both in Canada and the US) if we don't vet well (and vetting properly is very difficult with some from some places) and those individual events will be traumatic but they are absolutely not a really major issue (despite how they may feel at the time). The real danger is something you and I may not actually have to experience - but your children or grandchildren may - when suddenly they find themselves living in a Muslim/Islamic society and they didn't see it coming.

The real danger is to what we in the west call 'freedom'. Unless you always wanted to be a muslim or you are happy to be sublimated and ruled by Sharia law, I can pretty well guarantee you won't like it. There is a method to the madness of spreading Islamic seed around the world and growing it on the backs of innocent citizen victims who will pay for it and kowtow to it for decades while they breed at 5 times the rate that the rest of us do and begin to take over towns and cities and governments. That is the true silent jihad and we are playing right into their hands.

Too many these days are being very shortsighted - and it will be the death of both of our countries (and many others). This is the era of instant gratification (for those of us in the western world) and news today that is old by tomorrow .. we cannot see the ramifications of any of our actions because we choose to focus only on the moment - we don't look back and we don't look forward. This is a fight as ancient as history books and yet we forget about that. They are patient (but their velocity is increasing because they see what we have become) and we are not.

Right now, just about all western countries are making the same mistakes. Canada and Canadians are definitely doing that. The US has and will continue even if they slow it down a bit (which will help) for a while.

Last edited by Aery11; 02-06-2017 at 07:52 AM..

Old 02-06-2017, 07:45 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
Typical liberal tactics. Putting words in others' mouths. Where did I say terrorist attacks are more important?
Wait, wait didn't hyou just do that a few posts back with this silliness of yours?

"In fact, I'd be willing to bet that if those two countries were added on the list by Trump, you'd then turn around and say Trump don't know what he's doing, lumping together two states with good ID'ing systems with 7 that don't."

I guess you're just a "liberal" in disguise?

Old 02-06-2017, 07:52 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
What part of "progress" do you not understand? Things get improved upon over time, especially when there is a cause for improving something, in this case, a terrorist attack like 9/11.

Before 9/11, there was no such thing as TSA's and pilot's doors were not locked. Things change and new rules are implemented.

It is not unreasonable to think that Saudi and Pakistani ID'ing systems today are better than they were in 2008 and that the 2008 systems were better than the ones in 2005 and so on.

Why is that so difficult for liberals to understand? Is there a mental block in leftist brains?
Is it sound reasonable to understand that where there has been proven government complicity in terrorist attacks that even today they'd fudge some records to allow agents to enter your country?

The only brain in question here is one that would refuse to answer proffered factual based questions and continue the "liberal this, liberal that" childish inanities in response.

Give that silly 'typical of a four year old's' behaviour a rest if your expect to be taken seriously.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Wait, wait didn't hyou just do that a few posts back with this silliness of yours?

"In fact, I'd be willing to bet that if those two countries were added on the list by Trump, you'd then turn around and say Trump don't know what he's doing, lumping together two states with good ID'ing systems with 7 that don't."

I guess you're just a "liberal" in disguise?
Actually, there is a big difference. Of course I know you'll deny it.

One is claiming I SAID something I didn't. The other is me GUESSING what you would do. I never claimed you said that, just that it might be something you would say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies