U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-28-2017, 05:06 PM
 
1,764 posts, read 980,260 times
Reputation: 871

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
That would require increasing the HI Payroll Tax from 2.9% to 25.6% (12.8% per employer and employee), with no income cap.

That would generate 80% of the $3.2 TRILLION that you currently spend on healthcare. If government cannot reduce costs by 20%, then you start bloating your federal debt.

It's funny how Liberals are opposed to regressive taxes like payroll taxes until Liberals love regressive taxes like payroll taxes.
Lol. You don't really expect to believe your alternative numbers, do you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-28-2017, 05:09 PM
 
Location: Houston
5,337 posts, read 2,717,061 times
Reputation: 3293
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
President Trump will be laying out the future of the Democratic Party for the next decade. Dems should tune in to see what their future holds for the next 8 years. It will take a awhile to dismantle Obama's mess.
Do you have to feed the unicorns in your world or are they self-sustaining?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2017, 08:16 PM
 
7,249 posts, read 5,560,806 times
Reputation: 7948
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
How long did it take to get Trumps people voted in? Democrats are more interested in attacking Trump instead of doing what needs to be done. Democrats are more interested in causing chaos instead of working to the benefit of the American people.
Not this idiotic whining again.

Trump makes up a lie about how his appointments are getting confirmed more slowly than anyone else's. The entire reality-based world corrects him. Right wingers continue repeating the same idiotic lie over and over.

Why not just admit the truth? Republicans never had a plan and still don't. Trump never had a plan and still doesn't. He's so clueless that he didn't understand that healthcare for 300+ million people is not some trivial matter that can be solved with a stupid slogan or vague idea-free promises.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2017, 08:52 PM
 
39,109 posts, read 20,248,870 times
Reputation: 12659
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Do you have to feed the unicorns in your world or are they self-sustaining?
Yep, just like Obamacare was from the world of unicorns
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2017, 08:53 PM
 
39,109 posts, read 20,248,870 times
Reputation: 12659
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Not this idiotic whining again.

Trump makes up a lie about how his appointments are getting confirmed more slowly than anyone else's. The entire reality-based world corrects him. Right wingers continue repeating the same idiotic lie over and over.

Why not just admit the truth? Republicans never had a plan and still don't. Trump never had a plan and still doesn't. He's so clueless that he didn't understand that healthcare for 300+ million people is not some trivial matter that can be solved with a stupid slogan or vague idea-free promises.
Yea and I heard that Hillary was going to win in a landslide <sarcasm>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2017, 08:57 PM
 
7,249 posts, read 5,560,806 times
Reputation: 7948
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yea and I heard that Hillary was going to win in a landslide <sarcasm>
So, do you admit that you're just repeating an easily and repeatedly disproven lie?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2017, 09:10 PM
 
Location: Houston
5,337 posts, read 2,717,061 times
Reputation: 3293
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yea and I heard that Hillary was going to win in a landslide <sarcasm>
Petch, please, that talking point has been beaten silly. Try to come up with something a little more current. I'm rarely using the "fake news" or "alternative facts" anymore to bash Trump. Those phrases are getting tiresome even for me. There's plenty more out there for us Trump bashers to use anyway. Think you guys could do the same? You know, to keep it interesting?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2017, 09:25 PM
 
39,109 posts, read 20,248,870 times
Reputation: 12659
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
So, do you admit that you're just repeating an easily and repeatedly disproven lie?
What the hell are you talking about. I was just laughing how liberal media were reporting that Hillary was going to win in a landslide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2017, 09:27 PM
 
39,109 posts, read 20,248,870 times
Reputation: 12659
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Petch, please, that talking point has been beaten silly. Try to come up with something a little more current. I'm rarely using the "fake news" or "alternative facts" anymore to bash Trump. Those phrases are getting tiresome even for me. There's plenty more out there for us Trump bashers to use anyway. Think you guys could do the same? You know, to keep it interesting?
ahzzie, you don't think your and other leftist childish antics and meltdown has become a bore. It was entertaining at first but now all you do is repeat the liberal talking points given to you by liberal media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2017, 09:28 PM
 
7,249 posts, read 5,560,806 times
Reputation: 7948
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
What the hell are you talking about. I was just laughing how liberal media were reporting that Hillary was going to win in a landslide.
No, you were deflecting when you got called out on a lie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top