Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 05:28 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,227,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Baloney. You don't need a full team of "superstars". One or two per project can accomplish the same thing for less. I work in IT. Everyone on my team is not a super star. We do great work. There is something for every level and skillset.
I am not talking about a lowly IT project. I am talking about discovery and innovation brought about by high quality Scientists and Engineers.

The low totem poll guys are not the types who come up with great discoveries and innovation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2017, 05:36 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,783,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
This is about the most idiotic thing I have read so far in this thread.

It's clear you don't understand that the US just does not have a high number of top scientists and engineers to choose from. This is the reason we import so many from abroad. The US is full of STEM illiterate folks.

It's important to have top notch scientists and engineers...it's what drives discovery and innovation, which contributes to a countries economy.
Hey nothing wrong with importing. I'll probably import my wife...might as well import a scientist too.

The best thing is, she'll be a legal immigrant and maybe a scientist too!

Old 02-06-2017, 05:42 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,227,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Hey nothing wrong with importing. I'll probably import my wife...might as well import a scientist too.

The best thing is, she'll be a legal immigrant and maybe a scientist too!
Nope there is nothing at all wrong with importing talent from abroad.

Well hopefully you will be stimulating enough for her if she is a scientist. I know my mind needs a smart guy to keep my science mind interested.

That's why I chose the man I did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies