Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 06:50 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,865,423 times

Advertisements

This is very alarming. His new post about polls.....he simply refuses to accept them. Hello 1984.
His latest tweet proclaims anything reported against him is false.
"Any negative polls are fake news"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2017, 06:53 AM

8,296 posts, read 3,868,615 times
This is a litmus test for his supporters. Let's see how many of them actually come out in defense of this statement (I had to go Google this because I did not believe that he would say something this bizarre. I was wrong).

If they can defend THIS, that puts them in a very, very special category. Namely, blind adherence to a godless demagogue.

Old 02-06-2017, 06:54 AM

7,302 posts, read 3,368,393 times
Have you read 1984?

Your post doesn't read like you have.

Also, you provide no link.

Last, the press demonstrated their willingness to engage in fake polling and fake news in general.

You can't complain when much of the world refuses to grant them credibility moving forward. One does not get to get caught lying, to forward a political agenda, and then become indignant that people do not believe what they say.

Old 02-06-2017, 06:55 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,703,330 times
Most of us realize that there is something seriously wrong with Donald Trump. He simply is nuts. Couple that with him being a compulsive liar, and it is really a bad combination. Not just saying those things to slam him, I honestly think he has some screws loose. No sane person acts like him or says the things he says.

Old 02-06-2017, 06:56 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,638,994 times
Sheep who cannot criticize Trump in any way who cannot criticize Putin in any way.

Comrades all.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:03 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,278,399 times
Hmm, Democrats have very convenient short term memories. They've already forgotten all the polls had Hillary crushing Trump.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:04 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,865,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Hmm, Democrats have very convenient short term memories. They've already forgotten all the polls had Hillary crushing Trump.
Which she did by 3 million votes.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:06 AM

13,676 posts, read 8,943,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
This is a litmus test for his supporters. Let's see how many of them actually come out in defense of this statement. If you can defend THIS, that puts them in a very, very special category. Namely, blind adherence to a godless demagogue.

One of my sisters voted for Mr. Trump (she was firmly for Senator Cruz). Rather oddly, in the past week she has been telling people, such as myself, that prior to the election she prayed to God for guidance in whom to vote for, and that God told her to "vote Trump".

Now, I did not respond to her statement. However, prior to the election all that know her knew to a moral certainty that she would not vote for Hillary Rodham Clinton (for one, her husband had been a 'bundler' for Senator Cruz, and has a future with the Republican party as a fundraiser due to his success).

I could not fathom why, barely two weeks after the inauguration, she was telling family and friends this story. The only rationale I can arrive at is that she is embarrassed by Mr. Trump, and that she is seeking to shift blame for how she voted onto God, which I consider rather mean.

I wish I could actually question her on this issue, but people with strong religious beliefs do not like being questioned, since they tend to think you are making fun of them. I wanted to ask "How did God inform you that voting for Trump would be His desire?" and "If God had whispered, "Hillary", you would have voted for her?"

Of course, it is said that God works in mysterious ways. Perhaps this is but one of such ways.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:07 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,278,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Which she did by 3 million votes.
Uh-huh. Where is she now?

Old 02-06-2017, 07:09 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,703,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post

What does that have to do with anything ? We are talking here about Trump's inability to accept the truth. Think about it..........do you actually think it is somehow normal for a man, in this position, to be constantly bringing up insignificant issues like how many people attended his inauguration, or how he was more popular than Arnold on that dumb reality show ? Come on, this man has the key to the WH, and he is so childish and insecure that he has to constantly be focused on non issues !

Most people, in that job, would be worried more about important problems, but not Trump. He is more worried about things that other people would not even discuss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies