Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 02:22 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
You can call it what you want...
Sure, I will call it the popular vote like 99% of everyone else in this country. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2017, 02:22 PM

27,560 posts, read 28,652,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
I also don't think you fully grasp how "polling" works. And not all polls are run by news organizations.
When the polls are as devastatingly wrong as they were for predicting the outcome of the Presidential election, it means the polls are fake and untrustworthy. It doesn't matter how the polling works or who runs them.

Fake polls = Fake news = Fake results

It's that simple.

Last edited by BigCityDreamer; 02-06-2017 at 02:30 PM..

Old 02-06-2017, 02:23 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,340,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
And there we have it folks.

The inaugural crowd really was the biggest ever and the photos are fake.

Nearly half of the undocumented immigrants in the nation risked deportation to vote. Gregg Phillips, a wandering hustler, has the proof and will be revealing it any day now.

Trade wars are geat for economic growth.

Putin is a good guy, really one of the best.
Inauguration photo for Trump was taken at 1:30pm.

Old 02-06-2017, 02:24 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Sure, I will call it the popular vote like 99% of everyone else in this country. lol
Please don't try to give it meaning that it doesn't have as it truly means jack squat.

Old 02-06-2017, 02:30 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,587,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45committe View Post
His hands are big, really big tremendous.

Our so called president is not doing himself any favors with these stupid tweets. I understand him though. He can't help himself. Narcissists can't control themselves. Everything revolves around their self imAge.

My expectations are really low. My only hope is that he doesn't start a nuclear war. Honestly I would prefer Pence or even Paul Ryan who I think is evil incarnated. Someone needs to ask that question in a poll and impeach this nutjob
Why don't the Democrats in the fundamentally blue state of Wisconsin, start a recall petition against Ryan? If it got on the ballot, he would be hamstrung for a period, from doing any of his evil things, even if he did win the vote again.

Old 02-06-2017, 02:33 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,908,243 times
Quote:
Let me state this again. The number of raw votes received in our electoral college system DOES NOT reflect the will of American voters because the voters know they are voting in the electoral college system where the total number of raw votes doesn't mean jack squat.

You can call it what you want but please don't make it as if the votes received by Hillary mean anything but jack squat, particularly not use that in any argument.
How would a voter vote differently if they were voting in a popular vote election vs. an electoral college vote. What a weird statement!

I think you meant the candidates would campaign differently? But that still wouldn't change the voting rules...you still vote for who you want to vote for.

Old 02-06-2017, 02:34 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,073,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
He's grooming his fans to accept NOTHING as the truth - except his word. I mean, Fox pretty much has already done that; they no longer know fact from fiction.
Fox has become conservative mainstream. Now it's Breitbart, Infowars, and the Daily Caller.

Old 02-06-2017, 02:35 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Please don't try to give it meaning that it doesn't have as it truly means jack squat.

Everyone in this thread acknowledges that it has zero bearing on the winning of an election, necessarily. I'm not sure what else you're after here....

Old 02-06-2017, 02:36 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,908,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
When the polls are as devastatingly wrong as they were for predicting the outcome of the Presidential election, it means the polls are fake and untrustworthy. It doesn't matter how the polling works or who runs them.

Fake polls = Fake news = Fake results

It's that simple.
The polls weren't really that far off when you really dig into the data and look at the margins in each state. And they were pretty close to the total vote count (which they predicted correctly the "winner").

Of course they very clearly missed the mark in a few states, which in an EC election can make the difference between "winning big" and "losing big" (because of the winner take all aspect of it).

To think that this should discredit all polling for eternity is insanity. Potentially unreliable doesn't mean it's fake (or worse that people are just making stuff up). You don't throw out polling science because some of your assumptions were off. You fix the methods/algorithms and do better next time.

After all, Donald and his crew still like polls - when they're positive and say something good about him. Conway was a pollster herself...she understands all of this very well, I'm certain.

Old 02-06-2017, 02:37 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Everyone in this thread acknowledges that it has zero bearing on the winning of an election, necessarily. I'm not sure what else you're after here....
Many here keep lying about the number of votes received by Hillary somehow reflects the will of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies