U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 10:21 AM

15,580 posts, read 8,731,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
How does it feel to lose to the orange turd?

The majority of Americans support Trump, which was why he was elected.

I don't think everything Trump said was truth but I don't believe the polls anymore. If I have to choose, I choose Trump over the liberal polls.
The majority? Think again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

37,754 posts, read 14,661,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvbostons7489 View Post
You did alot of research on Hillary Clinton and George Soros and not smart enough to realize politicians are bought.
or blackmailed.

13,906 posts, read 6,317,123 times
Quote:
Lying again! You liberals have told more lies than the orange turd.

Yes, it's factual that more voters voted for Hillary but the truth is more voters voted for Hillary in a electoral college system where the result was NOT determined by the popular vote.

Had the result been determined by the popular vote, both candidates would campaign very differently and the result would be different.
Right, more people voted for Hilary. I don't know why you're claiming I'm lying when you just admitted what I posted.

Old 02-06-2017, 10:22 AM

5,370 posts, read 4,625,305 times
Here in my state, the state Republican party did a couple of polls, one, a month before the election, and another a week before. In both polls, Clinton was favored by 11% and 7%. (I don't have access to poll data from the other major party). Our local county poll showed Clinton up by 15% in middle October. (she won the county by 8%).

Pollsters don't fake results. It would cost them clients, and most do more then just political polling.

SInce most news organizations use two separate companies, one with Republican party leanings and one with democratic party leanings, and their methods of collecting data are usually spelled out in detail. Doesn't make any of them 100% right.

The NYT poll (a summery of a bunch of other polls) matched the pre-election polls taken in my state. They were correct (in what the polls concluded) but wrong in the election results.

Old 02-06-2017, 10:22 AM

2,160 posts, read 4,176,154 times
Quote:
Again, you are being completely dishonest.

There's no such thing as "popular vote" in our electoral college system. If the final result were to be determined by the "popular vote," both candidates would campaign very differently.
No, the phrase "popular vote" commonly refers to raw votes cast. It does not necessarily imply that the votes, seen in aggregate, decide the election.

I rate your claim FAKE!!

Quote:
It's like saying Patriot didn't win the game because they didn't run as many miles as the Falcons.
No, it isn't like that. Poor analogy.

Quote:
Go ahead and focus on your phantom "popular vote" and see how that works out in the next election.
Go ahead and deny that the total votes cast did not yield a majority for your candidate.

Old 02-06-2017, 10:23 AM

Quote:
This is a lie.

He's not a predatory or offensive if the ***** he grabbed likes it.

Did you ever notice that his daughters always have their hands clasped in front of them when he is around. I wonder why.

Old 02-06-2017, 10:25 AM

2,160 posts, read 4,176,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I'm honestly concerned about the people that can't accept the fact that the polls are not reliable.

It's as if the people on the left learned nothing from this past election.
Many people understand that polls are subject to error. But skepticism about polls in general is not the same as claiming that "negative polls are fake news."

Old 02-06-2017, 10:27 AM

30,821 posts, read 31,639,073 times
Quote:
How does it feel to lose to the orange turd?

The majority of Americans support Trump, which was why he was elected.

I don't think everything Trump said was truth but I don't believe the polls anymore. If I have to choose, I choose Trump over the liberal polls.
Actually, no the majority disapproves of Trump...His approval rating is now down to 42%....You Trump supporters are like a cult and are deluding yourselves.

Old 02-06-2017, 10:28 AM

17,049 posts, read 19,386,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
The NYT poll (a summery of a bunch of other polls) matched the pre-election polls taken in my state. They were correct (in what the polls concluded) but wrong in the election results.
Wait a minute. The polls were correct in their conclusions, but wrong in their result?

Okay, um ... wow, let me think on that one. NOT!

Old 02-06-2017, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Of course, I understand it but what is your point here?

The majority didn't vote for Trump? Sure, but they didn't vote for Hillary either.
You still can't figure out who got the most votes?

Hint: it wasn't Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies