Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 10:43 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,813,568 times

Advertisements

PAC VoteVetsAd starts out with "You lost the popular vote. You're having trouble drawing a crowd and your approval rating keeps sinking." ... start acting like a "legitimate president."

According to VoteVets Vice Chair Peter Kauffmann, "Since the White House comment line is down, and Donald Trump hasn't set up that veterans hotline he promised, we're going to where we know Donald Trump is listening — Morning Joe, and the other shows that he obsesses over. He's going to hear the message of this ad again and again. We're officially putting Trump on notice."

Seems to be working as three minutes after their ad aired Monday, Trump slammed "any negative polls" as being "fake news."

Veteran group targets Trump where they know he'll be watching

Well, now. I must say.

Old 02-06-2017, 10:51 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,007,828 times
It is early days for the veterans to begin complaining about President Trump. However, I will note that the Federal hiring freeze did not exempt the Department of Veterans Affairs (although it did exempt the military itself).

Trump hiring freeze includes the short-staffed VA

I will also note that candidate Trump had made the rather stupid promise that, if elected, he would give out his private phone number that a veteran may call day or night, and that he, Trump, would solve the problem facing the vet:

Trump promises vets he'll answer personal VA complaint hotline - NY Daily News

While I doubt that the 'hot line' will be set up, I will be interested in seeing how he proposes to 'fix' the VA system.

Old 02-06-2017, 10:56 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,953,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
For every 1 vet who hates Trump there are 10 that love him.

You can't make everybody happy. Good for him though for exercising his free speech.

Exactly! I am a combat veteran and a member of the VFW and American Legion and most respect Trump. The one they don't respect to the liberals dismay is Hillary Clinton. If the liberals get two vets to say something about Trump they go nuts with happiness.

Old 02-06-2017, 11:13 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitian View Post
"Veterans Group" is a misnomer if you actually look into their overtly progressive and liberal actions. they are "veterans" in name only... mmmmmm VINO...
Are you suggesting that these people did not serve?

Or that they cannot be true veterans if they espouse progressive causes?

Where do you suppose the Founders and their followers/supporters fell with regard to "overtly progressive and liberal actions?"

Or did you think that the Boston Tea Party (for example) was the act of conservatives?

Old 02-06-2017, 11:16 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
How dare they challenge out great master?

Veteran group targets Trump where they know he'll be watching
"The progressive veterans PAC" Nuff said!

Thread FAIL.

Old 02-06-2017, 11:16 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
It is early days for the veterans to begin complaining about President Trump. However, I will note that the Federal hiring freeze did not exempt the Department of Veterans Affairs (although it did exempt the military itself).

Trump hiring freeze includes the short-staffed VA

I will also note that candidate Trump had made the rather stupid promise that, if elected, he would give out his private phone number that a veteran may call day or night, and that he, Trump, would solve the problem facing the vet:

Trump promises vets he'll answer personal VA complaint hotline - NY Daily News

While I doubt that the 'hot line' will be set up, I will be interested in seeing how he proposes to 'fix' the VA system.
"Early days...?"

The bonehead that attacked a Gold Star Family, called a POW a "loser" and has already expressed the desire to send active military into another needless war in the middle east?

If anything, it's pretty damn late in the day.

Old 02-06-2017, 11:18 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"The progressive veterans PAC" Nuff said!

Thread FAIL.
How many legs did you sacrifice for your country?

I'll take a real vet over a keyboard commando any day.

Old 02-06-2017, 11:29 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,936,051 times
Quote:
Anyone who insults our great leader should be thrown in prison
God forbid that we have freedom of speech in the United States of America. Too bad Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, Benjamin Franklin and the rest weren't thrown in prison for criticizing King George III. Otherwise, America would STILL be a great place as a protectorate of the UK - kind of like the Falkland Islands.

Old 02-06-2017, 11:44 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,605,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitian View Post
"Veterans Group" is a misnomer if you actually look into their overtly progressive and liberal actions. they are "veterans" in name only... mmmmmm VINO...
It's "Votevets" , the group, along with Jon Soltz have been called out for thier less than genuine claims throughout the years.
“Just makin’ $hit up!” the Jon Soltz Story : This ain't Hell, but you can see it from here

Old 02-06-2017, 12:29 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,821,367 times
Quote:
Anyone who insults our great leader should be thrown in prison

You aren't serious are you? Every political figure is subject to ridicule, name calling, insults, etc. It's the nature of being a political figure because there will always be someone who disagrees yet can't express that disagreement in a reasonable and logical manner.

I think back to President Ronald Reagan. He won not one but two landslide elections yet was constantly bashed and berated by not only the press, but by a lot of people, who like many in the press, disagreed with his policies and agenda.

This is one very major reason some of the best leaders would never consider running for political office. To them it simply isn't worth it knowing they and their family will be dragged through the mud, insulted, bashed, lied about, mocked, threatened and/or worse.

Last edited by KS_Referee; 02-06-2017 at 12:42 PM.. Reason: grammar
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies