Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 01:18 PM

30,468 posts, read 21,668,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45committe View Post
Scapegoats

Blame Muslims and immigrants while you and congress plan the biggest heist in America's history: privatization of healthcare, education and social security. Deregulation of banksx, environment and consumer protections.

Their donors including 45committee won't mind some clown show where immigrants are deported on national TV. Eventually people will realize they were fooled when the economy tanks and their standard of living falls even lower.
I take this Democrats standpoint:
Attached Thumbnails
Not just 'bad hombres': Trump is targeting up to 8 million people for deportation-clinton.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2017, 01:23 PM

25,040 posts, read 27,807,936 times
They're just undocumented Americans. Just get them a legal visa

Old 02-06-2017, 01:26 PM

28,911 posts, read 14,266,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
You have no idea what I do in my community as far as those things are concerned, and it's really irrelevant.

But if you think it's somehow the fault of illegals that homeless children, families and vets struggle then you would be mistaken. You could remove everyone and it would have no effect on those others who are suffering.

I never said it was their fault, if you thought that my mistake. The only ones we need to be worrying about and helping are our legal citizens.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:28 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,297,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
They aren't Americans if they are undocumented ..

8,170 posts, read 6,002,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Exactly.

They are killing the market with these "under the table" contractors. Seen a lot of that over my years. A legitimate contractor has to abide by city, country, and state requirements (license, inspections, permits, workers with workman's comp, health, etc...) and depending on state this can get EXTREMELY expensive. It is so costly that there is no way for legit contractors to compete with them.

These progressives have no damn clue about what is going on. They are so ignorant they think all the illegals are cleaning toilets and washing dishes, which is funny because it shows how prejudiced they are.
I had a crew working on my house this past summer. It was 5 guys, three that were not here legally and two American guys, one being the supervisor. He stood around gave directions, played with the cats, kids and dog. The other American was clearly on drugs and I spent the week making sure my jewelry did not disappear. The three guys that spoke Spanish were the best workers. Go figure.

I am soon doing a major project at my house, new roof, removal of asbestos siding, new insulation on exterior walls, new siding and putting stone on the entire front. Estimates are all over the place, from $30k-$120k. I am struggle to get companies to come and give prices. I know it is a $30k-$35k job, so the $120k people are delusional.

Construction people have ruined it for themselves by not being dependable people.

20,571 posts, read 19,227,152 times
Illegal aliens violates the principle of equality under the law. Its a simple as that.

Is the idea to have a cast system? This creates problems in both categories. Some people have to pay taxes , show up for jury duty, sigh up for the draft , vote etc. while the other cast has to fear deportation for calling the police. I am sure there are wonderful , heart warming stories of being extorted at the threat of calling immigration.

The hard right and the hard left ironically seem to agree Trump plans on rounding these people up. Both groups are delusional. Criminals should be deported. The border should stop the flow, and a guest worker legal status should be created. No reason to deport dish washers, or skilled labor. Besides, it ain't gonna happen.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:32 PM

30,468 posts, read 21,668,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Illegal aliens violates the principle of equality under the law. Its a simple as that.

Is the idea to have a cast system? This creates problems in both categories. Some people have to pay taxes , show up for jury duty, sigh up for the draft , vote etc. while the other cast has to fear deportation for calling the police. I am sure there are wonderful , heart warming stories of being extorted at the threat of calling immigration.

The hard right and the hard left ironically seem to agree Trump plans on rounding these people up. Both groups are delusional. Criminals should be deported. The border should stop the flow, and a guest worker legal status should be created. No reason to deport dish washers, or skilled labor. Besides, it ain't gonna happen.
Works for me^^

Old 02-06-2017, 01:33 PM

50,059 posts, read 46,593,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
lol yeah like Georgia found out when they started mandatory e-verify, crops rotted in the field even with farmers offering local residents pay that was well over minimum wage.
If a business cannot pay a wage a legal American is willing to accept, it should fail.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:34 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,002,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
lol yeah like Georgia found out when they started mandatory e-verify, crops rotted in the field even with farmers offering local residents pay that was well over minimum wage.
Right. I live in a rural community. I see it first hand and I can promise you, without Mexicans coming to do the work every summer, crops would rot. We do not want to do that type of work. Even when I was unemployed, getting a job like that never crossed my mind.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:38 PM

28,911 posts, read 14,266,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post

They are illegal aliens and if they want to migrate here legally, they can apply for a visa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies