U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 09:41 PM

45,892 posts, read 34,076,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
CNN reported that Trump had been briefed on the blackmail dossier.

Trump denied it.

Later, he admitted he had indeed been briefed. (Apparently, he forgot.)

Somewhere in there he started carrying on about CNN being "fake news," even accusing them of printing the blackmail dossier.

They did not. They only reported that he had been briefed.

Meanwhile the ex-KGB guy who many believe provided the information for the blackmail dossier turned up dead in back of his car.

Foul play is suspected.

Only thing many remember is POTUS/ Admin calling CNN fake news.

A more secure POTUS/ Admin would acknowledge the mistake and regret lashing out at CNN.

Old 02-06-2017, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
If CNN were to ban blatant liars from going on the air, their entire staff would be banned.
CNN needs Kelly Conway, Kelly doesn't need CNN. All of the news people are finding out Big Don doesn't need them, they need him. They are crying huge tears because he is ignoring them. Don will fix the press just like he is fixing America. Make America and the press greater than ever before..
You entire premise is all wet, democrat...
If CNN, or any news media, were to ban liars, they would have no political guests

Old 02-06-2017, 09:46 PM

26,304 posts, read 12,858,710 times
I bet I can point out more instances of blatant lying by Conway then I can by CNN in the last 3 months.

Old 02-06-2017, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmil View Post
I think people are getting a little too trigger-happy by calling everything "a lie". I'm not necessarily trying to defend Kellyanne -- I think she has a fairly thankless job regardless of how much credibility one thinks she has -- but let's be adults for a second.

People get things wrong sometimes. Mix up facts. Fudge certain details. Confuse dates. It happens. My guess is if Kellyanne was trying to lie about something -- meaning, intentionally telling something she knew was not true -- she would not do so on national TV with respect to something that's easily verifiable. What's the point of lying if you know people are hanging on to your every word and you're going to be caught anyway? It makes no sense...which probably means it's not true.

Methinks CNN is still mad at Trump for calling them fake news and now they want to take it out on his surrogate. Kellyanne's mild-mannered and seems to mean well, but she's got a job to do. My guess is CNN is not going to cut off their remaining connection to the White House.
POTUS / Admin are setting the tone at the top. Any media that dares to challenge or report something less than flattering is referred to as fake news.

As it relates to " massacre" she repeated it to multiple outlets over the course of a few days. Every word out of her mouth is calculated. It's all about the sound bite.

Old 02-06-2017, 09:56 PM

15,366 posts, read 5,720,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I bet I can point out more instances of blatant lying by Conway then I can by CNN in the last 3 months.
And by a wide, wide margin.

Old 02-06-2017, 10:15 PM

6,625 posts, read 3,754,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Conway's consist use of "alternative facts," such as the nonexistent and roundly ridiculed "Bowling Green Massacre," pushed CNN to pointedly turn down the White House's offer to have her appear on the network's Sunday shows, a decision which may become permanent.

CNN considers permanent ban for Kellyanne Conway over

I would love to see other networks start refusing to put this blatant liar on the air.
That's very serious, when the White House representatives are "reporting" or referencing lies about nonexistent murders or terrorist attacks.

I read that Trump said (today, I think) that there are all sorts of terrorist attacks going on in Europe that the "dishonest press" here isn't reporting, and he says we know why they're not reporting it. As if the whole world's press is one big monolith that colludes to black out news. Ridiculous. And serious, when a President openly lies and then continues to try to demolish the main source of information that the public gets. Trump didn't offer any instances of such terrorist attacks.

Just like that celebration of 9/11 that Trump said he saw in New Jersey...thousands of Muslims celebrating, he said. That was a total lie.

This is getting dangerous.

He's openly lying. Why? He's attacking the press for reporting. He's attacking the judicial system and judges personally. He's trying to destroy everything but the Presidency and Congress.

We have to ask ourselves why. This is dangerous.

Old 02-06-2017, 10:39 PM

15,366 posts, read 5,720,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
That's very serious, when the White House representatives are "reporting" or referencing lies about nonexistent murders or terrorist attacks.

I read that Trump said (today, I think) that there are all sorts of terrorist attacks going on in Europe that the "dishonest press" here isn't reporting, and he says we know why they're not reporting it. As if the whole world's press is one big monolith that colludes to black out news. Ridiculous. And serious, when a President openly lies and then continues to try to demolish the main source of information that the public gets. Trump didn't offer any instances of such terrorist attacks.

Just like that celebration of 9/11 that Trump said he saw in New Jersey...thousands of Muslims celebrating, he said. That was a total lie.

This is getting dangerous.

He's openly lying. Why? He's attacking the press for reporting. He's attacking the judicial system and judges personally. He's trying to destroy everything but the Presidency and Congress.

We have to ask ourselves why. This is dangerous.
It's all part of this guy's plan:

Quote:
[Stephen Bannon] told The Daily Beast in 2014, “I’m a Leninist.” He elaborated: “Lenin wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment.”

Who is Stephen Bannon? | Mediaite
Bannon told us what he plans to do. As long as Trump is in the White House, this is where we're heading. It would be nice if some Republicans stepped up to save their country, but I suppose I'm asking too much.

Old 02-06-2017, 10:40 PM

51,993 posts, read 41,825,420 times
It's sad that we now hold the lying politicians to the same standards as the lying journalists lol.

What we are seeing here is a press backlash for being called out as liars with biases.

They BOTH lie.

The difference is that the politiicians have always lied and the journalists due to competitive pressure have started doing it too and are as thin skinned as trump for being called out for it. (When we really all know it's true)

Actually, I should correct this. We did have a period of yellow journalism at times in our past and so now we are basically in relapse. It will cycle back. Mark my words, a reasonable moderate news source will rise again....maybe lol.

Old 02-06-2017, 10:44 PM

30,471 posts, read 20,115,817 times
Quote:
Conway's consist use of "alternative facts," such as the nonexistent and roundly ridiculed "Bowling Green Massacre," pushed CNN to pointedly turn down the White House's offer to have her appear on the network's Sunday shows, a decision which may become permanent.

I would love to see other networks start refusing to put this blatant liar on the air.

If those other networks include FOX, someone might actually notice.

This week's cable ratings - Media Life Magazine

As is, Guy Fieri's Groceries Games and Fresh Prince re-runs stomp CNN's guts out!

Old 02-06-2017, 10:48 PM

9,170 posts, read 3,012,651 times
Quote:

Please don't do this. She's one of the most entertaining comedians on the media. What a hoot it is, to listen closely, for her next big whopper! To know when it's going to come, just watch for the muscles in her neck begin to flex, that move her jaw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or