Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 12:17 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,477,929 times

Advertisements

Here's an update:

‘We passed — those are the facts’: CNN publicly calls out Kellyanne Conway’s new lies about show invite

The article also says:

Quote:
Shortly after CNN’s message, MSNBC Morning Joe co-host Mika Brzezinski sent out a cryptic message telling CNN that it was “not the first” show to decline an offer to have Conway on air.

Old 02-07-2017, 12:20 PM

5,280 posts, read 5,210,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I bet I can point out more instances of blatant lying by Conway then I can by CNN in the last 3 months.
As well as on Faux News...why idiots watch that fake news channel I don't know.

Good for the only news network I trust to ban Trump's version of Baghdad Bob.

Old 02-07-2017, 12:32 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,019,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
I am really not sure what CNN/MSNBC bothering about. They kept on presenting lot of nonsense printed on NYT and Wapoo based on some unknown sources and they did their own propaganda during election cycle for Hillary. If she is presenting lies, they just need to let her present, how about try correcting them for audience. That is actually better than not allowing her to speak.

This whole thing sounds like pot calling kettle. During elections I have seen Anderson lying and get caught by even Trump. There are numerous instances where they took side with Hillary without providing proper proof. Other than some lies, one thing Conway does is, instead of playing along with she brings other side of stuff. When CNN asks about Trump misbehavior with women, she brings up Billy boy stuff. Basically she never answers questions.

Old 02-07-2017, 12:33 PM

33,509 posts, read 18,076,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Conway's consist use of "alternative facts," such as the nonexistent and roundly ridiculed "Bowling Green Massacre," pushed CNN to pointedly turn down the White House's offer to have her appear on the network's Sunday shows, a decision which may become permanent.

CNN considers permanent ban for Kellyanne Conway over

I would love to see other networks start refusing to put this blatant liar on the air.
CNN bans the truth from their programming. Nothing new.

Old 02-07-2017, 12:33 PM

13,899 posts, read 6,424,207 times
Quote:
That's what they are doing by banning a blatant liar from going on air and spewing her lies.
Then they need to ban almost ALL of their anchors and journalists since they lie daily and just make things up.

Old 02-07-2017, 12:35 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,557,666 times
Quote:
Conway's consist use of "alternative facts," such as the nonexistent and roundly ridiculed "Bowling Green Massacre," pushed CNN to pointedly turn down the White House's offer to have her appear on the network's Sunday shows, a decision which may become permanent.

I would love to see other networks start refusing to put this blatant liar on the air.
Actually, I would like to see CNN Banned from any Official News Events and have all their Press Credentials revoked for being a Fake News Network, and assisting the DNC in trying to rig the Election.

Old 02-07-2017, 12:39 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,638,754 times
Credibility and CNN in the same sentence makes me chuckle.

Old 02-07-2017, 12:42 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,711,133 times
Quote:

No matter what reasons they create for themselves, this just further cripples CNN's ability to report on political issues in a timely fashion. Kick everyone on Trump's side off of CNN and you lose all credibility for calling yourself an unbiased source. Would have been better to just suck it up and deal with her as she is.

Old 02-07-2017, 12:46 PM

51,618 posts, read 25,681,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Actually, I would like to see CNN Banned from any Official News Events and have all their Press Credentials revoked for being a Fake News Network, and assisting the DNC in trying to rig the Election.
Not sure how things work in your part of the world, Boris, but if the Trump team revoked CNN's WH press credentials, CNN would still have access to all sorts of other newsworthy folks to interview.

Plus, after Trump's campaign of calling the press dishonest every chance he gets and setting up an adversarial relationship with every reporter but Sean Hannity, if he dropped the hammer on CNN, the rest would be on him until Newsweek would look positively supportive.

Trump is trying his best to make sure his base doesn't believe anything but his tweets and what Breitbart puts out.

The rest of the country is not buying his line of B.S.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 02-07-2017 at 01:04 PM..

Old 02-07-2017, 12:51 PM

11,208 posts, read 8,263,272 times
Quote:
That's what they are doing by banning a blatant liar from going on air and spewing her lies.
Personally, I think it's a bad idea.

She speaks for the President. They should let her on their network, but they should hold her accountable, and call her out at every step of the way if she lies. (uhh, I mean "when" she lies).

IMO, it is wrong for the media to refuse to report on the administration. It would be wiser to report exactly what she says, and then either substantiate it, or shred it, with facts.

(Then, they can be called biased, for reporting the truth. Without this, they don't even get that privilege.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.