Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 08:07 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,241,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecarebear View Post
The Left is full of hate. I have stopped going to Facebook because the attitudes are so unhealthy. I can't believe I was once a Democrat, I can't believe that I grew up with these people, and I can't believe they are parents raising children. These are highly educated and successful adults who speak and act like vindictive mean high school bullies. A couple of these post-graduate degree holding individuals are even promoting rioting! Am I the only one turned off by their actions and words? I can't imagine walking around all day with such hate in my heart, a constant poor attitude, and making my life so miserable. The one great thing about this election is that I have learned the true colors of my liberal friends. And if Democrats want to be inclusive, they are having the opposite effect on many people. I have no desire to go back to or vote for that party.

And when did the Democrat Party become so radical?
When did Republicans start thinking that it was okay for a Presidential candidate to preach divisiveness, accuse minorities of being criminals, make fun of women and the handicapped, brag about grabbing women's genitals without their consent, and refuse to make full financial disclosures... yet still earn the party nomination, and later, the presidency?

Come on. Romney was sunk by making one elitist comment and talking about binders full of women.

Trump sits around on golden toilet seats rating the attractiveness of women by numbers and the party of "good Christians" are okay with this?

When did the Republicans become so attached to a godless pervert?

Old 02-08-2017, 08:09 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,931,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
This is well known. They are hateful people with a destructive agenda. They hate this country and it's citizens, EXCEPT their own kind, which includes illegals and Radical Islam.
Wash,

Rinse,

Repeat
Good grief, some people actually believe this nonsense
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2017, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
About that...Republicans fear for their safety as Obamacare protests grow - POLITICO

The left does hate Republicans. IMO it has nothing to do with Trump.
Well, it did start with the Tea Party. I mean, 8 years of seeing your president portrayed in posters with a noose around his neck or eating watermelon with racist slang written about him will irritate people.

Who knew?

Old 02-08-2017, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
You haven't really been paying attention then. I have seen the Facebook posts. I have seen people no longer being friends with conservatives. I hear them talk about people who voted for Trump, before and after the election. It's crazy out there. They really are full of hate, but the people they should hate are the DNC and their collaborative media who made them feel so safe that Clinton would win that they didn't bother to vote. And then they have been throwing a three month hissy fit ever since.
I think you've confused hatred with disgust.

Nobody really cares that much that Clinton didn't win specifically. It's that Trump is unfit.

I would bet hard money that the vast majority of liberals would have been fine with an actual politician who knew the job, even if they weren't fond of his/her politics.

Old 02-08-2017, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I'm a Republican, and I think no such things. I also never read Breitbart. I can see when things are too far right or left, but the supposed mainstream media went too far left this year. They're no better than Breitbart.
Maybe you should take some time to read what your fellow Republicans think and believe. Toddle on over to Breitbart and check out all those other white nationalist sites.

Might put this in perspective for you.

Old 02-08-2017, 08:15 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,083,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecarebear View Post
The Left is full of hate. I have stopped going to Facebook because the attitudes are so unhealthy. I can't believe I was once a Democrat, I can't believe that I grew up with these people, and I can't believe they are parents raising children. These are highly educated and successful adults who speak and act like vindictive mean high school bullies. A couple of these post-graduate degree holding individuals are even promoting rioting! Am I the only one turned off by their actions and words? I can't imagine walking around all day with such hate in my heart, a constant poor attitude, and making my life so miserable. The one great thing about this election is that I have learned the true colors of my liberal friends. And if Democrats want to be inclusive, they are having the opposite effect on many people. I have no desire to go back to or vote for that party.

And when did the Democrat Party become so radical?
When they discovered what they consider to be the Holy Grail of political weapons:
Identity politics. .......Now they're addicted to it.

You have to admit, they had a good thing going while it lasted, unfounded accusations of racism became the new McCarthyism.

It was fast way to shut down their opponents without having to use any actual logic or critical thinking and put them on the defensive, almost like accusing someone of rape or child molestation.

The accusation itself, regardless of how much basis for it there is in reality, puts the onus on the accused to prove his innocence instead of the accuser proving their guilt.
And remember, what constitutes "racism" can be very subjective.... what's racist to one person may not be to another... often times regardless of skin color.
(the whole Redskins name debacle for instance)
So, the Left decides to appoint themselves as the sole arbiters and Grand Pobah of what is or isn't racist.

But during Obama's term in office they went nuts with their new toy....rubber stamping any and all opposition to policy as being based on his skin color.

Trump's nomination sent them into a frenzy and the began a scorched Earth policy, ramping up the crazy to now proclaim anyone supporting Trump as a "white nationalist" or "white supremacist".

Thank God most sane Americans are seeing through the BS though and put the Libs on notice:

Their race card has been declined.

Old 02-08-2017, 08:16 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,585,284 times
We will see. They have a name for the Trump beater last week.

Old 02-08-2017, 08:23 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,226 times
If anyone doubts the OP, let's try a little thought experiment...

You have the choice of doing one of the following..

1) Wear a T-shirt in support of Hillary and visit a predominantly red state area where most people voted Trump.

2) Wear a Trump hat and visit Berkley or Portland.

If you had to pick one of those, which would you think would be the safer choice?

Old 02-08-2017, 08:32 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,083,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
By all means lets make blanket statements about all liberals based on the actions of a very small percent. I guess it should be expected from the same group who has been doing exactly that to Muslims for years.
Actually when I refer to Liberals I'm usually talking about the party as a whole. Not necessarily individuals within the party...unless otherwise noted or when it's just plain obvious.

There are always outliers in any group...
But that doesn't change the direction the party as a whole is going in.

Old 02-08-2017, 08:47 AM

16,269 posts, read 10,398,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Are trying to defend democrats that riot on campuses or Muslims that own small businesses?
How on Earth did you get that I was trying to defend Democrats that riot in the streets? I was simply pointing out that you should not make a blanket statement about an entire group based on the actions of a very small percent. This applies to liberals, Muslims, Philadelphia sports fans or any other group.

On another note you are way off base with your claim that "only 10-20% of all liberal take highly hostile actions during their daily life". There are 200 million registered Democrats in this country. If you really believe 20-40 million of us are "taking highly hostile actions daily" man you are totally out of touch with reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies